EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Is Love Really Blind?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Is Love Really Blind?

Postby Mey » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:09 pm

Many of my friends keep on telling me that love is blind; they say that when you are in love you don't see the negative and weaknesses of your loved ones:you don't see his bad attitudes.
But i think differently..I think that love is not blind after all; rather, love can see very clearly all the beatiful and positive things about someone you REALLY love. These good things about your boyfriend, for example, are not visible to other people. When you are genuinely in love with someone, you can see all the beatiful and positive things about him because of the clear vision of LOVE..I hope I have made a good point here...how about you, what do you think?
Mey

Re: Is Love Really Blind?

Postby Tora » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:27 pm

Mey wrote:Many of my friends keep on telling me that love is blind; they say that when you are in love you don't see the negative and weaknesses of your loved ones:you don't see his bad attitudes.
But i think differently..I think that love is not blind after all; rather, love can see very clearly all the beatiful and positive things about someone you REALLY love. These good things about your boyfriend, for example, are not visible to other people. When you are genuinely in love with someone, you can see all the beatiful and positive things about him because of the clear vision of LOVE..I hope I have made a good point here...how about you, what do you think?

I share your opinion! Anyhow love at first sight is something more likely to be a good movie scenario... And by all means a person fell in love with another after he got to know he/she, obvoiusly taking into consideration his weak and strong points, if you may see his/her negative qualities it means love is one who can see! :wink: Also people - happy owners of common sense - can't refuse their lovers' backgorund and pecularities and trates... There are things that i can't stand even in someone who seems to be 100% my style!
I distinguish true love and just feeling that you like some one (very close to passion) I may agree that the second happen to be blind, but true love is something higher than passion... higher then... just writing list of good/bad qualities, it's wise and not blind after all! :!:
Well done, Mey! :wink:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Cucumber » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:46 pm

Love is realy blind. But she has got a hearing. The hearing allows her to hear noiseless sounds which is missunderstanding for one's people but it is as a loud march for loving couple. Unfortunatelly, this march becames to sing quetly in some time.
Cucumber
Gold Member

Postby FIVER » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:26 pm

I also agree that love is not blind. I think love makes you see more clearly the positives and the negatives within a person. I've been there and even though I was in love with him, I didn't care that he had annoying and negative traits. Perhaps I was able to accept them because of love. :)
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby ginny » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:45 pm

I don't know because I haven't fallen in love but love I've witnessed from adults is really blind. If you have to live with a person who never listens to you though you're right because he loves his darling more than you, you will see how blind love is.
ginny
Gold Member

The power of love is great!

Postby meylenlau » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:47 am

In my opinion, actually love is not blind , one can see clearly the negative side of someone whom he/she loves .But then the force of love is so much powerful that one could just condone,accept and forgive the existence of the imperfection of his/her love one.
meylenlau

Re: Is Love Really Blind?

Postby Rui » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:16 pm

Mey wrote:Many of my friends keep on telling me that love is blind

believe me, they are absolutely right, love is blind and can make you do stupid things, and its precisely because of love that you can see all the good things about the person you love, you are blind so you can just see the good things in a very large scale :lol: im laughing but this is serious :wink:
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby phucauto3 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:29 pm

love is really blind :?
phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby tangsen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:24 pm

love on the one hand, make you do some stupid things, but on the other hand, make you more mature
tangsen

Postby quicksilver » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:22 am

phucauto3 wrote:love is really blind :?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
who told you that?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey , you guys , don't believe him, he has never been in love :twisted: Free-hearted :roll:
quicksilver
Gold Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions