EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you think that the men and women have the equal rights?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby janjanyu » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:04 pm

janjanyu

Re: Do you think that the men and women have the equal righ

Postby Dixie » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:38 pm

janjanyu wrote:Do you think that the men and women have the equal rights?

Unfortunately, we don't.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby shokin » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:52 pm

Let us first discuss about the right of being respected, the rule of respecting each one.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:06 pm

I guess the problem isn't as big in my country as big it can actually be in muslim countries where women have to cover they face and they husband is the head of the family and he is able to have fives at that time? I mean how fair is that?
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Rui » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:29 pm

yeah, i must agree with you illusion, unfortunately they dont respect the womens as we do, i must say too that is the hardest thing that i must bear when im having discussion about religions and that eveybody should respect different thoughts... the the way they treat womens is stupid and completely unacceptable, you should read a book called "Burned Alive", it's a real story about a women that was burned by her brother in law and with the support of her family just because she had sex with the men she loved before the wedding :?

http://www.twbookmark.com/books/89/0446533467/

the link to know more about the book, really worth book :wink:,sometimes hard to believe that we are reading about something that really happened and that stills happen :x :x :x
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:40 pm

that's just so cruel and inhuman...I can't believe that we claim to be so civilised and these situations just prove how much we are mistaken because even in the 21st century we cannot respect human's rights...isn't that just pathetic?
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:19 pm

hmm... defenitely men are preferable when both of the genders apply for a job, men are supposed to be better managers, well not only, almost every kind of profession (apart from historically women ones..), but on the whole it's not so bad... :roll: roots of that problem-or-not go deep in history i guess and now the tendency is about to change, but it's a long and complicated process, so who knows... i mean the future... who knows... :roll:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby janjanyu » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:57 am

i mean ,in my country,or some other countries,i don't know,people always suggest that girls should stay at home and do all of the housework,the most important thing in the women's life is to have a hunsband.Even they do have a job and equal ringht.Well ,maybe not.
janjanyu

Postby Ksju » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:09 am

:arrow:
The main point all the time is ONE:
We are human beeings. The man next to you IS a Human beeing, is a Person, and no matter what sex he/she is, colour, nationality.... and all the stuff. It's all a second time. The only thing is Life and human beeing.
And one more thing. Just do people what you want to recieve from them! Remember everything comes back to you. :!:

:arrow:
Ksju
Silver Member

Postby kitshen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:24 am

janjanyu wrote:i mean ,in my country,or some other countries,i don't know,people always suggest that girls should stay at home and do all of the housework,the most important thing in the women's life is to have a hunsband.Even they do have a job and equal ringht.Well ,maybe not.

I have some different opinions on it.
In my city,women also have the rights to pursue their dreams.Although maybe there are a lot of difficulties on their way to achieve the dreams.Maybe our society is governed by men nowadays,but we should see the changes happening now.
And i don't agree that "people always suggest that girls should stay at home and do all of the housework,the most important thing in the women's life is to have a hunsband."It's terrible.This situation sounds like it happened on 1900s.
kitshen

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions