EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

No Sex Please, we're British!

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby tikay » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:07 pm

Common sense...exactly...so do men have none? :lol:
So yes I am saying you should change...as soon as possible please! :lol:

maybe I lost my true calling as a dominatrix!

I meant to say that one should try to change these evil double-standards...because they do get women killed every single day...you know it happens all the time...it is evil.
Men are not on a higher rung than women but they pretend it then insist on their importance and demand us to adhere to their lies.

we are the superior, of these two choices if anyone is, but we let you play your games, because you will go mad if this game is interrupted! :lol:

thanks for answering me!
madame X
now~ get down on your knees!
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby tikay » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:22 pm

Better still... MAKE ME LUNCH! :lol:
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:12 pm

Tora wrote:
illusion wrote:
Boris wrote:I’m from Russia.
I heard terrible amount of stereotype about my country. Every day we drink vodka. Everyone cam meet a bear at the street in Moscow and many many other funny things.

don't worry, that's what I hear about my my nation too. The Poles are either dunkards or thieves....

nonsense! poles are cute... and open-hearted, surely... i didn't have much communication but it was enough for me to realise it!

and about russians... i don't know, bears are rare... :lol: but about vodka and drinking on the whole... i may say it's comparatively true, to my diappontment...

really? I didn't know we were that cute :P
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:25 pm

illusion wrote:
Tora wrote:
illusion wrote:
Boris wrote:I’m from Russia.
I heard terrible amount of stereotype about my country. Every day we drink vodka. Everyone cam meet a bear at the street in Moscow and many many other funny things.

don't worry, that's what I hear about my my nation too. The Poles are either dunkards or thieves....

nonsense! poles are cute... and open-hearted, surely... i didn't have much communication but it was enough for me to realise it!

and about russians... i don't know, bears are rare... :lol: but about vodka and drinking on the whole... i may say it's comparatively true, to my diappontment...

really? I didn't know we were that cute :P

it's a long story, i was driving (not me but the coach) and visiting places in your country and i almost fall in love with our pole driver, cute really!.. oooh... :oops: :lol:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby awalee » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:57 pm

I do not think that truth . your fingers are not same. :roll:
awalee

Postby Alan » Wed May 10, 2006 1:19 am

I'd like to put paid once and for all to this ridiculous notion that we British are polite and boring and only ever discuss the weather...ermm, if you wouldn't mind terribly, that is...I mean, if it wouldn't cause offence for me to do so, umm...well, what with all this rain we've been having...
:-)
Alan
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby jeffcox » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:40 pm

I'm British, I love sex, and I'd rather do it than talk about it!

No sex please, we're British

This is about conservatism and etiquette more than about the sex itself. The British still have an acute sense of decorum in public situations, a stereotype that is true. But stereotyping is generalization, which means there are always exceptions. Therefore, they don't accurately describe a nation and even less accurately describe a single person from that country.

I live in Brazil where things are somewhat more relaxed and I have no problems adjusting to it. Most of the time, I do things here as I would do them in England and it doesn't cause a problem except when I have to spend 2 hours in the doctor's or dentist's surgery because I arrived on time!
jeffcox
Gold Member

Re: No Sex Please, we're British!

Postby shadds » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:20 pm

TP wrote:No Sex Please, we're British!

We often make generalizations about countries and nationalities. For example, many people think that the British don't like sex. Or we think that all French people wear berets and drink red wine. These are called clichés or stereotypes. These clichés are often inaccurate, or at least out-of-date. Often they are completely wrong and unfair.

Does it help international relations to make generalizations about countries and national characteristics?

i think just by using such cliches.. one tries to find some mystique attached to certain community.. i know that i like the way english live.. after all we in india owe a lot to british (Brits brought first spec of technology to our countryland, brit books are liked in india,naturally so..).. The course of mechanical engineering if learned from a German engineer's perpective, it makes one apprciate the Germans..the moment one realises that these are false it simply takes the sheen out of it. This is what we call culture.. and it gotta be distinct..
shadds

Postby Hardi » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:45 pm

British tourists travel to estonia only because of sex. They don't care about culture. Tourism offices in britannia shell estonia as a country where can have good sex and cheap alcohol.. The place where to go for stag-night... It's so abusive. There was interview once in tv. with some of those tourist. Those idiots told they do good because they bring money to poor easteuropean Estonia.. Stinky fat british.. I hope they all get HIV here.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby jeffcox » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:12 pm

I'm British and HIGHLY OFFENDED by your words.
I've never been to Estonia and I've never been involved in sex tourism.

I'm probably right in saying that the British are not the only ones involved in the toursim there; there will be other nationalities too.

I'm sure that many Estonians are involved in this disgusting activity, too. Does that make you a stinky fat Estonian?

Please direct your anger to 'those British who do this activity' and not to 'British'.

When you say 'British' you refer to all Britons, include me and you are therefore insulting me.

If you say 'those British who do this' then you are talking about those few Britons who participate in that awful activity - and that excludes me; and you're absolutely right, I totally agree.
jeffcox
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion