what should I do

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

lovelybaby

what should I do

Post by lovelybaby »

My husband and my sisiter had the argument over a year ago, they haven't spoken each other since then. My husband accused my sister of insulting his baldness. Then he told my sister that her hair looked like straw. He said that he would rather be bald than have that kind of hair. My sister insistes on apology. My husband refused until she apologized him first.
The problem that I'm planing for graduation party for my daughter. My husband insisted me that I'm not inviting my sister. I told him I had to invite her. He said he would leave party of my sister walked into door.My daughter is very close to my sister very much, she wants her to come to celebration. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I feel I must include my sister to the graduation party but I don't want to bring anger my husband... :cry: :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Lovelybaby,

That's a complicated situation, but I think that they should make an effort for your daughter. Maybe they do not want to see each other, but they must understand that that's not your daughter's fault, therefore, they both should try to go to the party. They don't have to speak to each other, just be there for the girl.
eman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by eman »

that is hard for you...

but they should except each other for you...and forget about what happened
you should make meeting for them to discusse the problems between them ....they should do that for your daughter becuse she will saffer from that and they force theirself for your daughter..

let's them forget about that and start again just for you ,,,,
good luck..
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

yea,,,, Aa Dixie and Eman said,,,,

and i wuold like to add,,,,

try to bring them together again, till them to start a new white page anf forget the past..

past is past,,,, and use your doghter to help you,,, till her to ask her father to be ok with her unt and to ask your sister to be ok with her father,,,,

she can do it !!!! yea
phucauto3
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by phucauto3 »

I think your husband is a bit intolerant!. you should say to him that it's not your daughter fault and your daughter is undeserving of penalties, and don't let small things break family sentiment, your sister is also his sister, he should learn the way of forgiving for others.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: what shoul I do

Post by MissLT »

lovelybaby wrote:My husband and my sisiter had the argument over a year ago, they haven't spoken each other since then. My husband accused my sister of insulting his baldness. Then he told my sister that her hair looked like straw. He said that he would rather be bald than have that kind of hair. My sister insistes on apology. My husband refused until she apologized him first.
The problem that I'm planing for graduation party for my daughter. My husband insisted me that I'm not inviting my sister. I told him I had to invite her. He said he would leave party of my sister walked into door.My daughter is very close to my sister very much, she wants her to come to celebration. WHAT SHOULD I DO? I feel I must include my sister to the graduation party but I don't want to bring anger my husband... :cry: :cry:
The problems of two adults can't solve in one day of a child's graduation unless they both accept to sit down and hear each other out. Most in-laws don't get along well, and this is not something new. You can try to get them together to work out the problem later, but right now you should focus on your daughter's feeling.

Why don't you ask your husband to give your daughter a choice of whom she would like to invite to her graduation party? It IS her party afterall. If she would like to invite your sister, then your husband needs to respect her decision as being a good dad. However, you should also warn your sister to not pushing the subject while she's spending time with you guys. Don't embarrass a daddy at his daughter's graduation party.
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

phucauto3 wrote:I think your husband is a bit intolerant!. you should say to him that it's not your daughter's fault and your daughter is undeserving of penalties, and don't let small things break family sentiment, your sister is also his sister, he should learn the way of forgiving for others.
yeah, why should the daughter be punished for something that happened without her fault? adults....grrr
hung

Post by hung »

Your husband seems so small
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

hung wrote:Your husband seems so small
:roll:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

Dixie wrote:
small in terms of personality or something like that, isnt it? :wink:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Rui wrote:
Dixie wrote:
small in terms of personality or something like that, isnt it? :wink:
did you think o something else, huh? :lol:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I just don't get what they mean by small :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:I just don't get what they mean by small :roll:
Translated from Vietnamese to English, that's the only reason I could think of. It should have been petty, but I don't think he remembered the word; that's why he used small.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Thanks Lennye :D
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

of course that it could be another thing illusion, for instance... small hands, feet or head 8)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Rui wrote:of course that it could be another thing illusion, for instance... small hands, feet or head 8)
mmmmmm yeah :P
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

im glad to know that i was usefull to help you with this doubt.. :wink:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Rui wrote:im glad to know that i was usefull to help you with this doubt.. :wink:
so am I :)