what you are knowledge about LIBYA

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

what you are knowledge about LIBYA

Post by zaman »

{size=24][color=brown][i][b]hello for all , i am from libya as you know
i love this country so much and i hope ifk i will can to give information about it
of course my goal to help you to know more about LIBYA [/b] [/i][/color]
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

ok dear ZAMAN tell us more about it :wink:
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

The country of Libya

Libya is located in Northern Africa along the Mediterranean Sea which provides a northern coastal border. On the east Libya borders Egypt and Sudan and on the west Libya borders Tunisia and Algeria. To the south Libya has Chad and Niger as neighboring countries. One may ask what type of relations that Libya has with these bordering countries. Libya occupies a very interesting position. Libya has a long history of great trade relations with these other countries. Trade between these countries has depended on two major types of routes which are the “western” route and the “commercial” route. The commercial route is used every season and leads to Egypt and Saudi Arabia. Libya has also been a “transit” area.

The Libyan People

Libyans are mostly Arab people but some are also Barber people. The main religion is Islam. The people are very hospitable, warm, welcoming, generous and rather laid back. The Libyan people are also very open about their ideas and feelings. The comminuted structure is a tribal community. The family and households determine the tribe. Visitors would not notice this unless they become involved with the local public which would take some time and networking on their behalf. Making contact with a Libyan is the key to opening doors of opportunity for business, travel and for education of the social structure. The utilization of a tourist company is the easiest way to make these connections. These companies are able to design a custom visit to Libya based on what the visitors would like to see and do while in Libya, whether it be a city tour or a trip through the dessert.

Libyan Environment, Culture and Language

The Libyan community is very conscious of preserving the environment and protecting its culture, while welcoming visitors to their country. Visitors need to be respectful of the dress code in Libya. Islamic law requires that both the female and male wear clothing that covers the body from the knees to the neck regardless of the temperature. Designated beaches specifically for tourists are also available. All drugs and alcohol are prohibited and this applies to all visitors. Libya is one of the safest countries in the world as the crime rate is very low. You do not need to be worried about your safety in Libya, although you may get lots of interested looks from the locals. Arabic is the main language and English is the second language. Almost everyone can speak English. Basic Arabic words and phrases can be found on this site.

Tourist Activities in Libya

There are many tourist activities in Libya including camping and caravan trips with camels into the desert. Desert trips include visits to see the Roman and Greek ruins or the Southern Tibisti Mountains. Desert terrain covers 95% of Libya but there are many oasis spots available throughout the desert for camping and picnicking. There are traditional dance groups for hire for more formal gatherings and for larger groups. Restaurants include traditional Libyan cuisine as well as some western style restaurants. Many restaurants offer fish cuisine. There are also pizza places and more upscale restaurants in hotels. A list of restaurants can be found on this web site.

Business in Libya

Due to Libya’s strong oil resources, many international companies hold a presence in Libya and have brought business opportunities for both Libyans and foreigners alike. Many international airlines serve Libya including KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Sabina Airlines, Turkish Airlines as well as Libyan Airlines. As mentioned in the discussion of the Libyan people, having a known contact in the country gets you ahead faster. Business is conducted by knowing the people and by developing a relationship or friendship before business is discussed. Contacts can be made through this web site. A business to business and person to person connection registry is coming soon to this web site.

Summary

Seeing Libya's people, business opportunities and rich culture through the eyes of a native is far more accurate than through the eyes of a visitor who has been disconnected from Libya for the past 30 years. Right now there is an amazing opportunity for all people who want to be engaged in business relationships with the country. It is a great time for cultural and commercial partnerships with Libya.
leopold

nice country

Post by leopold »

i used to wet my whistle on friday's nights, how can i relax in libia?
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

LIBYA LIBYA LIBYA LIBYA LIBYA LIBYA
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

How about your ancient cieties, please tel us something about Leptis Magna