EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Problems of everyday life?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Problems of everyday life?

Postby coloud » Tue May 02, 2006 2:44 pm

Hi..
I was just wondering how do you deal with the problems of everyday life? Do you think that you handle them in a healthy way or in not so healthy way? Do you have someone that you feel you can talk to about your problems?
Thanks for answering
coloud

Postby FIVER » Wed May 03, 2006 6:55 am

Everyday problems? I think we solve them in a way that we don't even notice anymore. My way to solve them in general is to just think about it. I don't normally ask anyone for help about my problems because even if I did and they gave me advice, I know in the end I'll follow my heart (or my head) whether or not people tell me otherwise.
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby Rui » Wed May 03, 2006 10:51 am

yeah, i understand you Fiver but sometimes a good advice coming from a friend can just help you to see better what you are really feeling, like translate your feelings to words :wink: i just think that sometimes we are so deeply concerned with problems that we are not able to see how easy they could be to solve if somebody wont tell us
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby shokin » Wed May 03, 2006 11:41 am

Just do it yourself.

The priority is (should be) to solve them.

Don't be fatalist or defaitist (resigner).

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby FIVER » Thu May 04, 2006 4:30 am

Rui wrote:yeah, i understand you Fiver but sometimes a good advice coming from a friend can just help you to see better what you are really feeling, like translate your feelings to words :wink: i just think that sometimes we are so deeply concerned with problems that we are not able to see how easy they could be to solve if somebody wont tell us

Yeah? But you didn't tell us how you solve your problems...
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby Kacika » Sat May 06, 2006 10:30 am

Solving the everyday problems is getting easier during the life. We get some routine and the tactics. It's more difficult not to forget about the meaning of the life as a whole while we are concentrating on our everyday problems.
Kacika

Postby metaltoy » Sat May 06, 2006 7:13 pm

I talk my wife about my problems.
I know I must deal with them by myself in the end, but she usually gives me some good advice.
And the advice helps me make a decision.

Then when I have a problem, I sometimes look up the sky to think calmly.
This is my healthy way.
metaltoy
Silver Member

Postby coloud » Mon May 08, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi…..thanks all for your posts .
The everyday problems seem to get worse everyday. I have some pretty stressful things in life. I can't tell others every thing because no one will understand, it's healthy for other people because I load it all on my shoulders and they have no stress at all.
Whenever I come across one of these problems I just try to figure out how to fix it and move on.
But, some problems never solve I tend to ignore most of them, but some problems, you can't ignore. So,as far as 'a healthy' way goes, I don't know. I guess it's not too healthy because I tend to stress about things and worry a lot and that can cause illnesses.
Are you like that? Have you ever just been so annoyed you couldn't control yourself?
coloud

Postby FIVER » Tue May 09, 2006 2:50 am

coloud wrote:Have you ever just been so annoyed you couldn't control yourself?

I have. This guy at school was pestering me so I cussed him out. I don't swear at all (or try not to) but this time I couldn't help myself. I felt bad afterwards of course but some part inside of me was relieved. I'm glad that we weren't friends before the incident. Another time I went off on my sister becuase she was nagging me about going somewhere. I felt really bad because we get along all the time.

If it's an everyday problem towards a person then don't solve it in a drastic way, unless you don't care about the persons' feelings. If it's not toward anyone then I think it might feel better talking about it to someone... or post it here and we can bee-atch about it too. :D
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Tue May 09, 2006 2:04 pm

reading your posts I realised I have this problem that I have to deal with every day! It's jus that I am always late anywhere I go. I can hardly ever be ready on time and my lateness usually drives people insane! And usually I try to do everything like 2 hours earlier in order to not to be late but I fail everytime. I just get so lazy and slowely that it takes me ages to get up and prepare for the day...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions