EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Does it really matter how we treat babies?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Does it really matter how we treat babies?

Postby Diamondlove » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:22 pm

TP wrote:Considering that we can't remember anything from the first one or two years of our lives (at least), does it really matter how we treat babies and toddlers?

What do you think?

I think it is very importance for the way we treat babies and toddlers.
We think that we cannot remember anything from the first one or two years of our lievs because we try to remember or list all the events that happened when we were child. Actually, we still keep some feeling that can't explain clearly. I can see if the baby is treated with full of love everyday, when grownth up he will be a good people and must be a kindness.
Do you agree with me? :roll: :?:
Diamondlove

Postby Etore » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:12 pm

In my opinion it´s important to treat babies very well cause the behavior´s babies will reflect according the treatment.
Etore
Etore
Silver Member

Postby shokin » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:06 pm

We have to treat everyone very well.

Are we becoming nasty ? we all are friends.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby RedRose » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:59 pm

Sorry, IMHO, this topic is very laughable and meaningless.

Are you sure that none can remember hisher 1-2 first years ?

Very true, we all can't remember our 1-2 first years, so are our babies. but remember! NO parents would NOT treat their babies kindly and with all their lives and love!

It isn't about whether-we-should-do-so, but about we-naturally-do-so!

When my daughter was about 1-2 years old, she was a true trouble-maker! she peed on my clean clothes, and sometimes when I was so tired and fell asleep, she wakened me with her nails scratching on my cheeks; I couldn't get a full-night sleep during her first 1-2 years. and yes, it didn't matter whether I treated her well, because she wouldn't remember anything if I treated her in a terrible way. however, It would be IMPOSSIBLE for me NOT to treat her well! that is what we call parents! absolute love for kids, no reason! just nature!
RedRose

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:56 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:My goodness what a terrible heading "Does it matter how we treat babies". I'm not going to take this the wrong way; but it would be easy to.

Even lions look after their young!

That's a saying to expect a woman to be a good mother, but you know for sure there are mothers out there who are worst than monsters. They either emotionally or physically abuse their kids since the day they were born because those kids were not wanted at all. It's so sad.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby H » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:29 pm

TP wrote:Considering that we can't remember anything from the first one or two years of our lives (at least), does it really matter how we treat babies and toddlers?

What do you think?

Of course, It really matters. When child is born, he is unaware of the sorroundings. The mother's lap is like a school for him where he can learn the ABC of life. He needs guidence from everyone. He/she can go about anything merely by holding your finger. In a cosequence, he can remember what he is taught. We had better treat the child with love and kindness and in this way he can grow up with required environement.
H

Postby bolina1984 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:27 am

What do you think?

We should respect everyone 'coz we are equal. How can ignore the natural right of babies and toddlers?
Another point is that babies have curiosity of everything. And that's a good time for young parents to establish a good relationship with their children.
I am No.1
bolina1984

Postby authorityquery » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:06 pm

I think treatments with babes is important, because babes can learn everything fastly, and may be your treatment will influent on them. babes don't know how wrong is or true, so they just learn and imitate everything people treat them.
Be careful! I'm not sure, but that's my idea.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

Postby hanamichi » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:24 am

I think that's important how we treat a baby and what we did in front of him/her. When a baby is older, it can't remember what happened when it was a baby. But, the first impression we made for it surely affect to its conception. Example, when we always let a baby see the money we have, when he's old, and he know about the value of money, he'll always think: my parents always have much money, and he'll depend on his parents
hanamichi

Postby samento » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:37 am

I think that all parents and babysisters should treat babies and toddlers the best they can do.
All babies need these; food, warm, and love. And I think almost people know about psychology. Our subconciousness has developed from this period, first 1-2 year of life.
Even though we can't remember what really happened during that time, but this doesn't mean we can ignore our children. It's not related!
Who is the first babies run to when they cry? Who is the first babies hug when they fear? Who is the first babies smile when they see? And Who is the first can stop they crying?
This is why we need to treat them well.
In fact, I don't have my own baby yet. But I know that a family is a basic element. And this element is very important. If we don't have families, we can't survive until today. We may die as soon as we born. And we might not be like this, if we didn't be treated well when we were young.
Thank you.
samento

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion