EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

stuck in a job that you hate

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

stuck in a job that you hate

Postby ALPHA » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:21 pm

hi everybody ,

what would you do if you were stuck in a job that you hate and you have no choices or no other opportunities .. would you give up and say hello for the bad luck or what ?
as all of you know it's really hard when you like to do something but in fact you are doing something else ,just like a person who wants to be a pilot but he works as a police officer.. anyway waiting your posts ^__^ thx ..
ALPHA
Silver Member

Postby FIVER » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:53 pm

I had a job I didn't like so I quit. I had no other job waiting for me so it was kinda frustrating not having money to pay for my bills but luckily I had enough in the bank to last me until I found another job I detested. :lol:
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby ALPHA » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:13 pm

well that was a hard dicision for you fiver wasn't it , but at least u did the right thing *__* seems that i'm goin to do just the same :) .. anyway fiver lets see what are people say in this case ..
ALPHA
Silver Member

Postby Kacika » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:41 am

What's your work at the moment, Alpha? Don't you really have an opportunity to learn some other skills? What would you rather do? What are the most valuable features of your personality?
Kacika

Postby ALPHA » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:20 pm

no comment Kacika lolz i'm talking about something totally different... :)
ALPHA
Silver Member

Re: stuck in a job that you hate

Postby Cypress » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:11 pm

ALPHA wrote:

what would you do if you were stuck in a job that you hate and you have no choices or no other opportunities .. would you give up and say hello for the bad luck or what ?

I think most of the time people do have other choices or opportunities, we just need to look for them. However, there are cases when you trully don't have any choice. In that case I would just remind myself that it is not going to last forever, and in the future some opportunity will come up. And maybe you need to change your attitude towards your job. I am not saying you should start liking it, just don't remind yourself how much you hate it. Just pull yourself together and do it for now. Only for now, some other opportunity will come up soon :wink:
Cypress
Gold Member

Postby ALPHA » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:23 pm

well thx Cypress Good Push 8) appreciate your passing here :wink: ..

Totally agree with ya , but you know the big problem is if the opportunity came Too late in a time the change is not accepted or even impossible :cry:
ALPHA
Silver Member

Postby innocenteyes » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:06 pm

this is a very important issue bro I'm glad u brought it up
I was about to continue my life as a teacher or as a doctor in my unversity coz that was my dream but now I've realized that I don't like the teaching thing..actually I suck in teaching so I give up my childhood dream to become a doctor in the universty to be a translatore or whatever I like doing coz I believe 80% of the poeple are not satisfaied with their jobs so I rather continue mylife doing something I like that stucking in a job that I don't like
innocenteyes
Silver Member

Postby Laxuan » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:28 am

In my view, in any fields, you can find happiness when you face with difficult challenges and you try to get through them. However, you can set up your own business at the same time as well. I had hard experience when I was working in a chemical company although I have never learned about it at the university. At first, I felt terribly bored and didn't want to do anything but a few month later I realized that it's worth investigating that area as I stayed at the factory to work all day.
If you feel bored with your job and go away, you will never have joices in any jobs
Laxuan
Silver Member

Postby illusion » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:26 pm

Luckily I don't have that concern yet but I think I'd definitely quit the job if I really hated it but on the other hand if I didn't have any other source of money I'd probably stick to what I had and keep looking for something better.
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions