a troubled football game announcer in China

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

kathymimi

a troubled football game announcer in China

Post by kathymimi »

there is a heated discussion about a football game announcer in China now, and everyday you can see words criticize the announcer's behavior from newspapers. there is the story:

a football game announcer was sent to Germany for commenting the World Cup, he was famous in China for his vivid comments that are always full of passion.

everything seemed well during his World Cup trip until he was in charge of commenting the game between Italy and Australia several days before.

just at the time that Italy kicked in a goal, he shouted out loudly " Long live the Italy!" and that sentence seemed make him in a big trouble.

all the Chinese who saw the game from the TV set heard his voice and felt serious.

some people thought he behaved much like a football fan of Italy but not a sensible announcer that represents a country. while others thought he was just too enthusiastic about the game and it was nothing too bad to an announcer.

and now the announcer was sent back to China and made an apologize to Chinese for his crazy behavior in Germany.

what do you think about it? should he be punished for what he said?
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Hello!
so the whole country is so bothered with it! Come on! We here have an announcer of seventy-something years old! He mixes up everything, the last time he called Scolari Luidgi and still keeps talking about the game while the teams are already moving to the dressing room! So just different mentality! You are too strict! :shock:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

He can only say long live China? :?
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:He can only say long live China? :?
Exactly! That's how communist media system works.
kathymimi

Post by kathymimi »

well, i like the announcer but actually, his future career seems terrible.

there is no doubt that he must have been punished for his behavior when he came back China, because it's the tradition of our country to do something that can make most of people be pleased.

so he is the victim.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

kathymimi wrote:well, i like the announcer but actually, his future career seems terrible.

there is no doubt that he must have been punished for his behavior when he came back China, because it's the tradition of our country to do something that can make most of people be pleased.

so he is the victim.

Sounds horrible!!!!! :shock: :?
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Don't know, if should I laugh or cry.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

kathymimi wrote:well, i like the announcer but actually, his future career seems terrible.

so he is the victim.
And you don't see this is a problem in your country? From what you said, it seems like there's no encouragement of the freedom of individualism nor freedom of speech. The status quo of the norms is too high; hence, it's quite sad.
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

there is no doubt that he must have been punished for his behavior when he came back China, because it's the tradition of our country to do something that can make most of people be pleased.so he is the victim
Maybe you've just perceived one facet of this event.Actually,this guy Wang Jianxiang has touched the political surface out of soccer Worldcup,not just our tradtional restrictions.How can you say that prosposing a toast for another team with great hilarity was wrong?China has opened up its gates for decades and it surely needs this sort of passtionate guy as an announcer to enjoy our large audience.
But things have turned round when he screamed out "Australia can go home without any senses;Your Majesty Italy!"He has been out of control and even didn't realize what he was talking about cause he was too enchanted.What made it worse was that "Bad news has its wings".It spreaded over the oceans and it did push the Australians.We've got good relationship with Australia but this event has got the side effects.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Was he screaming in English, though? Or just plain Chinese that no Australian could understand except Chinese Australians? :?
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

LennyeTran wrote:Was he screaming in English, though? Or just plain Chinese that no Australian could understand except Chinese Australians? :?
He was screaming out in Chinese,but maybe when the Chinese journalists were editting the news and have published it,the journalists from other countries,including Australian reporters who understand Chinese translated it into English.Well I just got the result from my newspaper but I could enduce how it went on as our Worldcup comments are always from all parts of the world,like Reuters,NYtimes,etc.Information could be so interactive nowadays.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I don't know. Maybe I'm one who don't see it as a big deal. I, on the other hand, found it quite bizzare to hear something as long live Italy or your Majesty Italy. I mean, long live the King, hail to the King, your Majesty, my Lord, Master, Sir, or Ma'am are not something I would say to anyone. Well, except Sir or Ma'am since I call someone Sir or Ma'am when I'm annoyed. Other than those, I don't use the rest ever in my life. Those words would give me the expression that I was inferior than someone if I used them to express my feeling toward someone.

Anyway, I thought China has long gone over the dynastic system, but somehow the mentality is still the same.
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

LennyeTran wrote: Anyway, I thought China has long gone over the dynastic system, but somehow the mentality is still the same.
Yeah,I agree with you partcially.What some of the governments/administrations do sometimes are quite like autocrats,no freedom,no indiviuals,though it sugarcoats its suface which sounds like so democratic,but anyone who is experienced know what're the hidden notions.Just like "coin has its two sides,"history leaves us elite but also reek&bugs.How to uproot them,how to chuck our dogma remains a problem and still has a long way to go.But we Chinese teens will pump up the lively air and enlighten our nation's furure.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I guess it's hard to change since you have a long history of different dynasties. Is this news pretty hot there right now? My bf is in Shanghai right now. I'd like to ask him about this when he's back.
luckygirl9

Post by luckygirl9 »

Yeah,of course the news is simmering around here,not only in Shanghai.I think he'll smell the atomosphere if he is cutting edge. :)