EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Prefer extended family?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Prefer extended family?

Postby wangyingying » Tue May 30, 2006 7:18 am

Do you prefer an extended family?
Have you ever planed to live with your parents even after
you are married ?
wangyingying
Silver Member

Postby Oriani » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi my friend. It's weird nobody has written here. This's a very interesting topic, I think I prefer a small family because I already have a big one..
I've got a lot of cousins.. more cousins.. and more counsins.. aunts.. uncles.. etc.. etc..
Now, I'd like to have jus 2 babies but If God send me more, I'll welcome them as well. It's up to you.. it depends on your future life.. your parnert.. it's depends on everything, mostly on you.

If I'm running out of money, and none place to live at, I'd live at my parents'house until I get my house. My parents are sweet and I know they'll help me. Even though I have to have my own house and porperties.Working hard and doing my best .But not Married....If I'm single, I'd live with them.
Good luck!
Last edited by Oriani on Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Re: Prefer extended family?

Postby Dixie » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:41 pm

wangyingying wrote: Have you ever planed to live with your parents even after
you are married ?

You're kidding, right??
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby shokin » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:43 pm

Heu... hey... hooo, huue....hahahahaha :lol:

No, be autonom !

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Kacika » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:31 am

I was brought in an extended family and I enjoyed it very much. As a little child I was loved and pampered by more relatives. But my mother suffered from not being independent from her mother, although she was a mother herself.
Kacika

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:49 am

Dixie wrote:
wangyingying wrote: Have you ever planed to live with your parents even after
you are married ?

You're kidding, right??

It's pretty common for some people in some European or Asian countries.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:59 am

LennyeTran wrote:It's pretty common for some people in some European or Asian countries.

What? To live with your parents once you're married? :roll: Well, to me it sounds not only weird, but also unbearable. I'm so tired of living with them that I can't imagine continue living with them after I've got married. And my husband wouldn't stand it either :lol:
Dixie

Postby cyborg » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:30 am

wangyingying wrote:Do you prefer an extended family?
Have you ever planed to live with your parents even after
you are married ?

Extended family: well, i really don't like extended family. I aint staying with mom/dad since i was 14, so there would be no reason what so ever why ill stay with them after marriage.

Marriage: that doesn't sound good at me, i don't think i'll get marry, but not sure....hahaha weird uh?
cyborg
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:57 pm

Dixie wrote:
What? To live with your parents once you're married? :roll: Well, to me it sounds not only weird, but also unbearable. I'm so tired of living with them that I can't imagine continue living with them after I've got married. And my husband wouldn't stand it either :lol:

I and my siblings thought that one of us should live with my mom even after we got married. My brother was nominated for the position, and he'd won our votes :lol: . However, it turned out my mom didn't wanna live with any of us. She said whenever all of us got married, she would stay with one of my aunts and my grandma. I have to say we were glad, but geezz, where's the thanks for the thought? :cry:

My cousin' wife in Vietnam likes to live with her in-law family. Isn't that weird? I asked her why, and she said she would live with her parents, anyway, so it didn't matter whose parents she was living with. This is even scarier to me.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tottochan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:41 pm

Living with my in-law-family after getting married seems not to be a problem to me though I havent got married yet. It's normal to a vietnamese girl. I'am sure there will be troubles too, but there's always trouble in life, right? If we can avoid troubles, it's better :D So, I prefer to have my own family. By that way, you can keep distant with other family members and remain good relationships with them. Living together and seeing each other everyday would create conflicts (I am not saying it would always happen but quite often :D )

Cheers,

Chi
Tottochan

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions