Pope Benedict XVI in Poland

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:I also think that this new pope looks scary. It's someting in his eyes, or his whole expression, I don't know. Anyway, he's coming to València soon. There's already a campaign called "I'm not waiting for you" going on.
Oh Dixie the poor man he is probably totally innocent of everything, we have witch hunts like this in Australia too. Danyet should know exactly what I'm talking about. People being found guilty because people don't like the look of them.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hi,

Post by LadyMacbeth »

as I can see Benedict XVI rocks here. well - I don't think he is scared. what should he be scared of? I think he is... humble. he is a very wise, educated and humble man. Thus he took a name of Benedict XVI.
i cannot see any other reason. whom should he be scared of? US? Putin? EU? terrorists? hmmmm...
never better,
LM.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

the pope is scary himself - he doesn't need anybody to frighten him (you know I don't care about him much, but if Putin appears I can't keep silent :lol: :lol: ) you're a funny one! :wink:
rayuela

Post by rayuela »

The pope has gone. He has been in Valencia (200 km from my city) the 8th and 9th of July... And it has cost us between 20 and 30 million euros. Do you think this is fair? In a country with catholic roots but secular? In a country where the 80% people are catholic but only the 40% practises it?

Two months before the visit of the pope some people created a webpage called "jo no t´espere" http://www.jonotespere.org/ (the name is in catalonian, in spanish is "yo no te espero") means "I´m not waiting for you". They were not in favour of the pope coming to Valencia and they did funny things. Have a look, if you have problems with the translation of same words let me know.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

rayuela wrote:The pope has gone. He has been in Valencia (200 km from my city)
Where are you from, rayuela? Barcelona?

I took a look at that page and it's in Spanish, I thought it was in Catalan since its name is. Anyway, people did funny stuff to express their disagreement with the Pope's visit.
rayuela

Post by rayuela »

No, I´m not from Barcelona Dixie, I´m from Alicante. The people of "Jo no t´espere" demand also other things for Valencia. Do you live in Bcn, Dixie? In Barcelona there are also some groups that demand things for the city, like the people of the "Forat de la vergonya" = agujero de la vergüenza = embarrassment hole.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

rayuela wrote:No, I´m not from Barcelona Dixie, I´m from Alicante. The people of "Jo no t´espere" demand also other things for Valencia. Do you live in Bcn, Dixie? In Barcelona there are also some groups that demand things for the city, like the people of the "Forat de la vergonya" = agujero de la vergüenza = embarrassment hole.
I'm not from Barcelona, I live 200km south from the city. I'm from the Ebro Delta, in Tarragona. I am not sure whether I've ever heard about El forat de la vergonya, but I will try to find out about it.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hi Russia,

Post by LadyMacbeth »

the pope is scary himself - he doesn't need anybody to frighten him (you know I don't care about him much, but if Putin appears I can't keep silent Laughing Laughing ) you're a funny one! Wink
well ...if I can be sincere Russian rulers are much more scary than German pope and any popes at all. The crazyness of Ivan the Terrible probably beats both crazyness of Henry the XVIII and all the worst popes;). But today Pope is only a shade of who popes used to be in the past while Putin is still Mr I-HAVE-Power.

Besides -don't forget that Eastern Church in Russia has been independent from Rome since 1066. So you really cannot complain... much...hehehe;)

well... I also have to say that lately I have found some nice www about Ural mountains in Russia. It is a new webside and in spite of the fact I cannot find who started it I can read there a lot of interesting things for tourists about having good time in Ural in Siberia.
The nature also is really good. Plenty of pictures. It is very nice page. Congratulations Russia!:)

[/quote]