Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

"Dracula" and "The Scarlet letter"

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello again,

Who has any clues about these two books that I put in the title of this post of mine - let me know please.

There are next two books that I am going to read (both are also READERS LEVEL 2).

Then I will focus on "Sense and Sensibility" in version of level 3.

Whole versions would be too long for me nowadays:(.

If you have any opinions about them - let me know, please:)

LM
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

They're both good.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Hi in this plot:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I am in the middle of Dracula (very interesting).
And today ATTENTION - I have won another READER level 2. Lets read it too... it is a fiction as it seems to me. Again 2 CDs included.
THANK YOU for people who took out my form:)
This is my second prize in life!:)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Hi in this plot:)

Post by MissLT »

LadyMacbeth wrote:I am in the middle of Dracula (very interesting).
And today ATTENTION - I have won another READER level 2. Lets read it too... it is a fiction as it seems to me. Again 2 CDs included.
THANK YOU for people who took out my form:)
This is my second prize in life!:)
:o Won? Tell us more.... :wink:
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hmmm...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

So I won a smaller version of one good English-English dictionary with some nice pictures inside.
And a very nice book "The Princess Diaries" - level 2. (by Meg Cabot and retold by Anne Colins).
I thought at first it was an original story but no - the story is retold.
Still I know some READERS are original not only retold. In that meaning I used the word "fiction" in my earlier post in this thread.

Well.. besides I won another bag to my collection of different heavy bags with a name of my favourite publishing house on it but I am not sure I can use it in this place cause I don't want to be taken as a ... person who breaks rules.

"The Princess Diaries" is written in American English and 2 included CDs are also in AE as I think.

Well... besides I wanted to buy another book there but I couldn't find any ATM so I will have to buy this book later in bookshop and pay for it more:(.

Nothing more to add as I think:(
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

How did you win? And what's it, some competition or something? :?
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

my answer

Post by LadyMacbeth »

How did you win? And what's it, some competition or something?
Well... this is a very interestig question. How? There was a lottery and I was chosen out of ...well...50 other teachers? Something really incredible. But sometimes miracles happen.;)
Once in this rotten lifetime or two times...

Read you soon Lennye:)
LM
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I've read both... We also analyzed the symbolism in The Scarlet Letter in class :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: my answer

Post by MissLT »

LadyMacbeth wrote:
How did you win? And what's it, some competition or something?
Well... this is a very interestig question. How? There was a lottery and I was chosen out of ...well...50 other teachers? Something really incredible. But sometimes miracles happen.;)
Once in this rotten lifetime or two times...

Read you soon Lennye:)
LM
Was the lotter free or you had to do something to be a part of it? It's great that they have this for teachers, by the way. You've gotten something you like as a reward. :wink: You're gonna get more of those books or that's all for now?
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hi Lennye,

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Was the lotter free or you had to do something to be a part of it? It's great that they have this for teachers, by the way. You've gotten something you like as a reward. Wink You're gonna get more of those books or that's all for now?
The lottery was free. I had to be present in the place where it took place, then to fill in a form and give it to people who were responsible for mixing them all and then taking out 2 prizes.

It was higly exciting and I forgot to breathe even for some moments. Well... I think it is all for now.

have a nice day Lennye from California:)
LM[/quote]
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

taking out two forms whose authors won the prizes - I meant.
:)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: hi Lennye,

Post by MissLT »

LadyMacbeth wrote:
Was the lotter free or you had to do something to be a part of it? It's great that they have this for teachers, by the way. You've gotten something you like as a reward. Wink You're gonna get more of those books or that's all for now?
The lottery was free. I had to be present in the place where it took place, then to fill in a form and give it to people who were responsible for mixing them all and then taking out 2 prizes.

It was higly exciting and I forgot to breathe even for some moments. Well... I think it is all for now.

have a nice day Lennye from California:)
LM
Ooooh, it's like the lottery to win a car that they have at the malls. One of my grandma's friends has won one (she's already rich enough). :roll: