War novels, are you interested?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

War novels, are you interested?

Post by Arale »

Do you enjoy war novels? My favourite is 'A farewell to arms' by Ernest Hemingway. I suppose 'The English patient' is quite like 'A farewell to arms'. Some Russian ones are good too but I read them when I was so small so not remembering much. Reading those novels, I think we can understand history more easily. However, most novels I've read have pessimistic ends and death is always exploited as the nature of wars. Sometimes, it's like in a impasse to read them.

_Arale_
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

I'd like to exclude "An english patient" from your list and add Books after Remarque
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Tora wrote:I'd like to exclude "An english patient" from your list and add Books after Remarque
Yep, but as I said above, I think it's like 'A farewell to arms' so I have no interest with it.

_Arale_
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: War novels, are you interested?

Post by Annaa »

Hmmm maybe,if it`s a great novel.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: War novels, are you interested?

Post by sweets »

"'A farewell to arms' by Ernest Hemingway"

i studied last Semester at American litrature i like but i have my comments on first why women in this novel are so weak and follwed men if we look at Chathrine chracter we see that only at end of novel shoes some brave by saying that "iam not fraid form death ...i just heat it"

i think that Tomorrow the sun will rise by same author is more better :~:

about "An english patient" i did not read it buti watched as moive it so good in the way how he draw the raltionships with chrarchers in parraller with war

and finally "War and peace" - Tolstoy it's lovely but so long it is an epic rather than novle

tell me what do u yhink about HEART OF DRAKNESS and A passage to india they are about Colonization period and war

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار