tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of the 11.9.

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Admiral

tomorrow is the 5th anniversary of the 11.9.

Post by Admiral »

so everywhere there is fear
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

It's Catalunya national Day:

For some time, Catalonia continued to retain its own laws, but these gradually eroded (albeit with occasional periods of regeneration). Over the next few centuries, Catalonia was generally on the losing side of a series of wars that led steadily to more centralization of power in Spain. The most significant conflict was the War of the Spanish Succession, which began when Carlos II El Hechizado died without a successor in 1700. Catalonia supported the claim of a member of the Austrian branch of the Hapsburg dynasty, while the rest of Spain generally supported the French Bourbon claimant, Felipe V. Following the final surrender of Catalan troops on September 11, 1714, Felipe V's Nueva Planta decrees banned all the main Catalan political institutions and imposed military-based rule over the region. (From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalunya)

On the other hand and going back to the main topic, I bet most of us remember what we were doing when we heard the news about the Towers. What were you doing? I remember I had just finished lunch and was about to go out with my friends. Later that day we were sitting in a terrace near the beach and talking about the events :roll:
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

well...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I think 11 September was a very tragic day for US and all people got scared watching WTC going down almost at once. But I think most of things that went after this tragedy were really pitiful - like this whole war on terror propaganda.
And still I think much more we will always see and hear about political meaning a of this tragedy than about individual horror of particular people - those who survived and those who lost their dear ones.
Still many of them will never be found by their families:( Many of them will never be identified.

Thus I think visit of German pope in his native Germany is much more important event.
He can tell us some words of peace and we shouldn't be deaf and blind at them. Besides I think he received a very good welcome in his country and is very respected there (at least during TV trasmissions) so I think at this moment of history some neighbours of Germans can sleep well cause no war seems to be started in this country.
Thanks God:)
L_M
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

rather no war seems to be started by this country soon.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote: On the other hand and going back to the main topic, I bet most of us remember what we were doing when we heard the news about the Towers. What were you doing? I remember I had just finished lunch and was about to go out with my friends. Later that day we were sitting in a terrace near the beach and talking about the events :roll:
I was online chatting with my friends. My cousin came over to tell me the news. She said everyone got off work early, and the Bay Bridge was closed because they were afraid it would be next. I remember I didn't really care since I didn't realize how hudge the event was. I was just, "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh!" And then I went back to chatting. :oops: Late at night, I got terrified when I was watching KRON4.
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

last night i watched a special feature about the 9/11 from a local tv station here.. it was so terrifying..cuz they featured a number of people calling 911 before the towers gave way.. i actually cried..gosh..
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

TearHere wrote:last night i watched a special feature about the 9/11 from a local tv station here.. it was so terrifying..cuz they featured a number of people calling 911 before the towers gave way.. i actually cried..gosh..
Oh and something that always makes me actually cry is the movie trailer. Has anybody seen it? I've only seen in twice, and I cried both times. I don't think I could resist the whole movie :cry:
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

when 9/11 happened...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I have just come back from a cup of coffee at my unforgetable neigbour who knew all things about whole the world.
I was resting in my lovely, unforgettable flat. That was a pleasant evening. I was very tired so I took a nap.
Then my mother called me because of some stupid things and she finished with something like:
- Have you seen what is on with US? It seems to me they exploded!

Oh my God - I thought. Then I switched on TV and started to cry when I got known that the WTC was in New York.

Of course it was scary and frighting and I was praying half of night. One of my friends went to New York that day. I was scared he could be dead.
After 5 years I think I was scared unneceserilly:).

L_M:)
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

yeah I'm also very sad that so many people died in 11.9.
I'm also sad that Americans took the terrorist attack by AlQaida as a reason to make war against the Middle East countries.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Wasn't it like you were watching a Japanese movie, Godzilla, where the big monster kept smashing the buildings as if they were toys???? Gosh, that's how I felt like. :cry:
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

in my opinion AMRICA deserve that
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

zaman wrote:in my opinion AMRICA deserve that
NOBODY deserves that.
fortminor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by fortminor »

you are wrong . The victims were guiltless people! Its was a terrorism act !
poor victims families! :roll:
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

what about the victims in iraq , palestine and lebanon .
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

eye by eye
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Because of people like you, that Bush had enough reason to persuade Americans to rampage in Middle East. You think the war is just for oil? It's a part of the frigging revenge to Islam. Why don't you wake up and leave all your hatred aside? Maybe then you would not have more people who die for Islam by killing others. :roll:
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Because of people like you, that Bush had enough reason to persuade Americans to rampage in Middle East. You think the war is just for oil? It's a part of the frigging revenge to Islam. Why don't you wake up and leave all your hatred aside? Maybe then you would not have more people who die for Islam by killing others.
yes, it's exactly what should be said at this moment, and I would say exactly the same. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
After all, we found an opinion where we both agree with. This is worth a bottle of the strongest 52% chinese schnaps...
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

not we are do not like peace,, you are won't do that cause you do not know anything about the truth.
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

and you know why i am hate amrica becuse when i was young amrica killed my aunt in his home, in the 1986
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

zaman wrote:and you know why i am hate amrica becuse when i was young amrica killed my aunt in his home, in the 1986
Then perhaps we should not bother to listen to you at all. You are obviously biased in your opiniopns now!!

The truth will make no difference to you and your illogical hate for anything American has made you blind..
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

yes i am so pride by this hated to UAS and israel , if you want to know why?
return to the last events for the war in lebanon and count the number of the victims from civilians in it.
after the of course you will know the reason
down down USA and israel .
northernwolf

I hate the terrorist but why is only attack USA?

Post by northernwolf »

I hate the terrorist but why is only attack USA?I believe everyone is hate the terrorist very deep,Because they always use a very terrific method for reaching thier aim.like the 9-11 the terribel attack in USA,a lot of people is dead in the attack,economic and social made a huge losing,