bp taking..

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

bp taking..

Post by TearHere »

Our clinical instructor taught us vital signs taking last month.. i've got no problem with taking the temperature, pulse and respiratory rate..i even think that you people can do that..... My dilemma comes in bp taking.. :cry: :cry:

I know how to take the Blood pressure but.. sometimes..I'm just not confident with the result.. :? Maybe i'm overtaken by doubt or lack of confidence.. My friends say it's normal..we all feel quite thesame..

when we had our return demonstration, i took the BP's of 5 patients.. i got 3 out of 5 when i could've have gotten all 5 correctly, IF only i trusted what i heard over the stethoscope..i felt so terrified especially because i was assigned to a terror C.I. :evil: :( so everytime she verifies.. " Are you really really sure? we both know that your patient's BP could be a factor to his health..(with eyebrows raised and a loud voice :evil: ).." then i begin doubting my results.. i hate it! but it often happens...... :cry:

Sometime, my father requested me to take his BP, i said "Sure, pa.." but deep inside..i'm feeling mixed emotions, :( i'm nervous i might not get the right bp and so many other "what if's"..i know i have to overcome this..because i will be doing this every so often to patients in the future..

i have been given some advices

but it's easier said than done... :oops: :cry:

..maybe you could help me help myself??........
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, i guess im understanding perfectly what you are talking about, and yeah your friends are absolutely right, everybody feels the same when something with a huge pressure its gonna happening to us, and special in your case because you had some bad experiences and now you are afraid of repeat the same mistakes, therefore the pressure is even higher, but dont worry im sure that in a near future you will be laughing about these moments :wink:
TearHere
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TearHere »

Rui wrote:well, i guess im understanding perfectly what you are talking about, and yeah your friends are absolutely right, everybody feels the same when something with a huge pressure its gonna happening to us, and special in your case because you had some bad experiences and now you are afraid of repeat the same mistakes, therefore the pressure is even higher, but dont worry im sure that in a near future you will be laughing about these moments :wink:
exactly..thanks alot.. :wink: