EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

At what age should children be told about sex?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Admiral » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:29 am

if there are no taboos then everyone will run around naked, that's not good either.
Admiral

Postby Dixie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:52 am

Admiral wrote:if there are no taboos then everyone will run around naked, that's not good either.

I think you understood perfectly what I meant.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Shazzam » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:03 am

I think children should be given information about sex when they start to question. If you have a good relationship with your children they will come to you with their questions. Which mine did! Then you can release the information gradually as required without overwhelming them with it all at once. It is all about being a on hand parent.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:02 am

Well my mom had no problems to explain it, when I was keep ask.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby hoanggia » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:09 pm

Obviously you got a terrific mom! my parents havent told me anything .I learnt this from books .here asking about sex is considered as a taboo because ..after all, we are Asian.In our culture, it 's like a prohibition or bad thing to talk about . :?:
hoanggia
Silver Member

Postby Hardi » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:12 pm

In all asian countryea?! Can't believe, some asian country must be difrent too.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Arale » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:21 am

hoanggia wrote:Obviously you got a terrific mom! my parents havent told me anything .I learnt this from books .here asking about sex is considered as a taboo because ..after all, we are Asian.In our culture, it 's like a prohibition or bad thing to talk about . :?:

Really? :roll: Perhaps it's your generation. The young now are taught about genders and sex at school. The importance is how to teach it. It's not a taboo. Parents don't often talk about it because it's sensitive but at school, teachers know how to deal with it. As I said in my previous post, students in Vietnam (in cities) are taught about genders and sex by biology teachers, doctors, and psychologists.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby andes » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:35 am

my parents also never tell me about sex. I know it from book, and other stuff that can 'help' you to explore information about sex.
It is important for parents to tell their children about sex earlier (maybe at 10). I think that it is too risky for the children to learn about sex without any guidance from the adults. you know what I mean..
andes
Silver Member

Postby sunlove » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:07 am

As I was 5 years old, I always asked my Mom the same silly question :" Where did I come from". At first, my Mom didn't answer me because she said I was too young to know.You know, it's really embraasing thing to talk about, especially 5-year-old girl like me. When I become older, my Mom began talking about sex. Now I know more about sex and relationships. I'm proud of my mother. Mom, I love you!!!
sunlove

Postby Romantic » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:09 pm

have sex when ur di** stand up :twisted:
Romantic
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions