So-so
33%

Total votes: 12

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Local Police

Post by MissLT »

Do you like yours? I hate mine. They're so lazy. Also, they're big hypocrites, to me. Last time, one policeman came to our store (I and one of my coworkers were the only ones there; we didn't go out for lunch) to ask for a hanger, so he could use it to unlock his boss's car door. The fool left the key inside the car. We gave it to him, but we've never seen it crawling back to us again. I called borrowing without returning it back as stealing!

Although he was so darn cute, which made us wanted him to return the hanger, so we could see him again, it's a decent moral ethnic code. He, as being a policeman, should not steal, even a hanger.

This is why I do not like them local policemen.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I hate them. And my bf hates them more. He lives right in front of their office, and they have no respect for the neighbors. They slam the door all the time, and can be really loud at night when he is trying to sleep. Shouldn't they be an example to follow? Also, the street was turned into a pedestrian street, and there's no room for cars. This was a big annoyance for the neighbors, especially when they come home with the shopping and they need to park the car in front of their houses to carry the shopping inside... Well, Jordi did it once and the local police was there in a second and wanted to fine him! They're so hypocrite and snotty, AND lazy, like Lennye said. I see they are not so different from ours after all.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I don't know what u talking about.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote: He lives right in front of their office,
It's funny how the adults in my family like to live next door to them. When we were in Vietnam and shared a house with my aunt, she wanted to buy a house that was in the same block with a police station. And recently, my cousin in the States just bought a house, which is behind a police station. My aunt was telling me about her son's house, and she was like, "it's really nice and lucky for him to find a nice house next to the police station. Can you believe how lucky he is? " blah blah blah and more blah blah blah. I was like, "tight!" :roll:

I just don't see the big fuss of all this! Would it help us more if we lived next to a police station???

Dixie wrote:and they have no respect for the neighbors.
I haven't heard my cousin complains about them. Well, maybe I should give him time since he's just moved in the new house.

When I was in Vietnam and that police station was at the beginning of our block, some police dudes came to our house every morning. I believe this was my uncle's fault. He first started to invite them for coffee and breakfast in the morning. Then he invited them back for more. What do you know, they came back for more. EVERY DAY! Also, they never missed a single party my family had. They were always invited. Yuck! :roll:

I told him it was bribing. He told me it wasn't bribing but helping! We gave them goods, and they helped us with protection. It was tit for tat! It was outrageous for me to hear it, so I protested saying it was their job to protect us. Therefore, we weren't obligated to bribe them. And he was on and on about one had to pay another to do a job for him. There's no free service or whatsoever from a stranger. More blah blah blah...

I still don't understand all that, but I guess the only thing I could understand is that, "welcome to the adult's world! Everything is not exactly like it seems."
Dixie wrote: Shouldn't they be an example to follow?
Tell me about it! :roll:

Dixie wrote: Also, the street was turned into a pedestrian street, and there's no room for cars. This was a big annoyance for the neighbors, especially when they come home with the shopping and they need to park the car in front of their houses to carry the shopping inside... Well, Jordi did it once and the local police was there in a second and wanted to fine him!
I don't quite get this part. Here we can park right in front of a closed garage and not on the street and in front of the garage, though. They said that part was supposed to be painted red, but then it's our garage. That's why they don't pain that part.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote: I don't quite get this part. Here we can park right in front of a closed garage and not on the street and in front of the garage, though. They said that part was supposed to be painted red, but then it's our garage. That's why they don't pain that part.
The street is quite narrow, and it was recently turned into a pedestrian street, so no cars are allowed (except the local policemen's, who seem to own the street now). Neighbors can't park in front of their own doors to load the shopping, and are fined if they do. They, however, can park and leave their cars there all day! :evil:
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

My neighbors are two policemen. Actually I didn’t know that until I bought my house. The one on the left is a local police and the one on the right is a States police. However we get along well and they never bother me. My cousin usually jokes with me that the thief does not break in the house on the left or the right, but on the middle one. :D
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Dixie wrote:The street is quite narrow, and it was recently turned into a pedestrian street, so no cars are allowed (except the local policemen's, who seem to own the street now). Neighbors can't park in front of their own doors to load the shopping, and are fined if they do. They, however, can park and leave their cars there all day! :evil:
How about broken tire? U can let some air out and then ask them to help replace the wheel and until they do it u can also bring your goods in.. And if u do it enough often, then they will start avoiding you and your car :D Well of course u should use jordi's car.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I don't like our local police, because if I will walk at night city, alone, and if
there's nobody except me, they can take me into a police station and put a narcotic
in my pocket and then say that i was going to sell it, but if i'll give a little money
to them then they can lett me off. Our police is a horror !
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Police four security.

Yes, I love police. :lol:

Shokin
fortminor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by fortminor »

shokin wrote:Police four security.

Yes, I love police. :lol:

Shokin
me too, but not all of 'em!
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Lennye wrote:I hate mine.
Dixie wrote:I hate them. And my bf hates them more.
Xkalibur wrote:I don't like our local police
What a pity for you! Last time I was "caughed" by the police, they were very very kind to me like friends do. And in spite of my trys to escape from their car,(which didn't succeed anyway) they still didn't bring me to the office and they additionally broughed me home, like a taxi.
But I have to add Germans are not so kind to Turkish men. Why they were nice to me was because there was no Turk around me and because I'm Chinese.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: I don't quite get this part. Here we can park right in front of a closed garage and not on the street and in front of the garage, though. They said that part was supposed to be painted red, but then it's our garage. That's why they don't pain that part.
The street is quite narrow, and it was recently turned into a pedestrian street, so no cars are allowed (except the local policemen's, who seem to own the street now). Neighbors can't park in front of their own doors to load the shopping, and are fined if they do. They, however, can park and leave their cars there all day! :evil:
Is it a residential area? :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

It's not a residential area, it's just that street... :lol: I will have to take pictures and show them to you! :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

:twisted: You must! I just can't imagine it right now. It's quite strange. Is it a house or an apartment?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

It's a house, in a relatively narrow street, there are are some houses on one part and on the other there's the police office building.
Valery

Post by Valery »

Xkalibur wrote:I don't like our local police, because if I will walk at night city, alone, and if
there's nobody except me, they can take me into a police station and put a narcotic
in my pocket and then say that i was going to sell it, but if i'll give a little money
to them then they can lett me off. Our police is a horror !
what you said is funny.I haven't heard of it.but I think it is safe to be with policemen
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Local Police

Post by Annaa »

I like my local police.They are nice and always help people .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..