shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Books about daily ecology !

Post by shokin »

Daily Ecology !

Le grand guide de l'écologie

If you want to change the world.

The daily actions have more consequences than the occasional actions.

Shokin
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

wow wow wow

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Shokin - the book you have presented here is...highly interesting. But OMG this DAILY ecology contains around 300 pages and it is more about scientifical (=difficult) informations than about daily problems. So I think the title isn't suitable for it.
I mean - probably I know better books in Polish about... real DAILY ECOLOGY (I don't think they are any reprints of English ones).

Besides it seems to me some things should be explained to people who aren't professional ecologists and in fact don't understand what ecology is and why so often ecology goes more around politics than around science and real DAILY care of our environment. So making a long story short - this book is too sophisticated for claiming to be called DAILY. Besides its price.... about 30 pounds...it is another sign for me I am right in this place :(

What I would recommend/suggest to many publishers who try to print DAILY things they should be done in form of tear-down calender. Specially things about DAILY ecology.
Many people still have such calendars and like this habit of tearing pages down of them. Many people would buy such a nice DAILY ECOLOGY calendar. But I think such book should be printed with different title.

Hehe - I am giving some good ideas for free here.
Next time I don't have to be such a good girl as deals giving free my good ideas:)

But today I am good so take this unique opportunity...
Hehe
LM:)

Maybe one day someone will translate
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Hey... these books are not romans. :lol:

First read the chapters that you can improve first.

Il y a un début à tout. [Everything begins somewhere... somewhen...]

The best way to improve : never be satisfied ! keep being active !

Shokin
Last edited by shokin on Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hi shockin:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

The best way to improve : never be satisfied ! keep being active !

Haha - your words are very true I am afraid :(.
Now I can see more suitable title for the ecological book mentioned above :). Very good:)
Doth a coursebook for A-level students cannot be on level of DAILY ecology.

But I would like to write here down (still for free) another observation of mine -namely reading things on the Net (especially) I noticed that people in Europe have very big tendencies to believe that people (generally) are more about people than about animals or... imbecils (whatever it means).
People in US don't have this optimistic belief any longer. They simply make money on their not believing that people first should be rather people than imbecils. And probably they are right in their low ideas about education for many - who knows...?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Nethertheless- Good bless you:)
LM
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I've not visited all Europe.

But is it good to think only about "making money" ? :shock:

Realist, yes, we have to be realistic... but we have to have goals, ecological goals especially :mrgreen: .

Some easy ways :

- What do you buy ? where does it come from ? do you really need it ? will it be recycled ? are you putting all in the same sack ? Have these products used much petrol (in transport) ?

- Do you put off the light (and all machines) when you don't use it ? Do you really need it ? can you live without using this machine ?

- Do you close windows when it is cold ? Do you use the both faces of papers ? Do you refuse advertising and spam ? When you go and buy vegetables, do you take always the same bag ?

- and so on...

Shokin
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

The problem of recycling and separate garbage collecting are really urgent nowadays but the problem is that some governments ( guess whose :roll:) is not that interested in it... I may turn off the electricity and go shopping with a shabby bag of my grandma's... but there is no proper equipment to measure and calculate the saved energy, the number of plants involved in recycling is not sufficient... we even don't have cans near our house (so many flats) - (mehrfamilien Haus) to collect glass, paper, aluminium and plastic separately... It must turn to Russian national project # 5 to be mentioned :(
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello,

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi:)
I also haven't travelled whole Europe. But what does common does it have with daily ecology?

Hmmm... but to write about books (according to the main subject of this place) today I have found (by accident) a book written by one famous German who has been staying in Poland for about 14 years. He speaks Polish very well and is famous everywhere here (he plays his part in one of Polish soap-operas even, he also takes part in one famous TV show - "Europe is likeable" - that's how he found the title of his book ).
When I saw this book for the first time I thought - OMG he even wrote a book here! but today I have borrowed this book and I have to say it is very interesting. I mean - it is very interesting to read so many informations about my nation. It is specially interesting cause my observations are quite similar! The most I like the part about Polish roads and Polish drivers as well as about picking up mushrooms by crazy mushroom-fans and superstitions.
PS1. Are you superstitious?
PS2. His book can be recommended as a coursebook for all people who want to speak Polish language. It is very witty and interesting book indeed. Of course it is written in Polish. I wonder if anything like that exists in English. If not - probably will be soon. Maybe someone will write something new or the book I have just mentioned will be simply translated into English? Who knows... And how do you think?
Here you will read more - the title of the book about Poland I have described above goes: "Poland is likeable". Author: Steffan Muller. Poland is likeable- so hard to believe it, really....:(
Nice reading:)
http://bonito.pl/ksiazka/0000181571.html
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

some little corrections,

Post by LadyMacbeth »

But what common does it have with daily ecology?