crimes of teenagers

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

crimes of teenagers

Post by LadyMacbeth »

A very cruel crime has moved Polish public opinion these days. Last week 14 years old girl committed suicide after being sexually abused during a lesson (the teacher was momentary absent).
Buys dragged her clothes and underwear off and made some photos of her then.
She ran away from school at once and committed suicide cause she couldn't cope with humiliation she had experienced.

Today these boys have been sentenced for 3 months of arrest. In my country no real punishment for adolesents:(.

What punishment would they get in other countries?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

for murdering her in this classroom in my country they would get max.puishment of arrest till 18-21.
Somehow it scares me much more now than before these tragic events I described above.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

PS. probably these teenagers have never cared about any Pope Benedict's (or Pope John Paul II) travel at all...
:(
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

these two boys should be shot
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I am assuming that they didn't commit murder but they may as well have done. I my country depending on their ages they would have been placed into a juvenile detention centre for the max period. In some cases once they have reached the age of 18 they can then be transferred to an adult prison to serve the rest of the term.

However there is talk that legislation is going to be put forward in the senate in my country to change these laws to may people under the age of 18 suffer the same penalties as adults. I actually agree with this.
ilargia

Post by ilargia »

You are talking about the consequences of that horrible situation but what about the causes?. What I can´t understand is why they can do something like that without thinking how the other person suffers from it.
Vinamilk

Post by Vinamilk »

I only wonder where the guards, the other pupils are ? Why this crime could happen ? Do the others have responbilities for this crime ?
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

abot the causes...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

You are talking about the consequences of that horrible situation but what about the causes?.
You are right - where are the causes? Everywhere around:( I mean nowadays in my country all positive patterns for young people to follow have been destroyed. Teachers aren't any pattern any longer. Also parents don't. Noone:( Who stays? Other coleuges who do many cool things or scare other to follow their crazy ideas:(

It is a very big social problem of contemporary Poland but people are too quarreled here to care about any social and not only social problems :-(

Truly speaking I think that my country nowadays is really one big problem and I am really sad that noone wants to see and admit the truth.

So I won't it too :(
Do the others have responbilities for this crime ?
Hmmm... good question. I suppose the headmaster in that school must have been another GDMF with a little power. He made the teacher go to prepare the school show and left the kids alone. He allowed her to do this. So he was blamed. They say they (headmaster/teacher) gave up their posts the next day they heard about the tragedy. The gimnasium (the school) had a very bad opinion in the neighbourhood.

What else? I don't know. Tomorrow another day in Bieslan. Today we have had national poll into the local authorities.
Of course 1% of reasonable people got their places there and 99% imbecils again :(
So I don't think something in Poland would improve for better soon :-(

Still we should believe that we will see some eagles one day.....

LM, Poland.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: crimes of teenagers

Post by wllsp »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Last week 14 years old girl committed suicide after being sexually abused during a lesson (the teacher was momentary absent).
Buys dragged her clothes and underwear off and made some photos of her then.

She ran away from school at once and committed suicide cause she couldn't cope with humiliation she had experienced.
Certainly, those boys did a nasty thing. But one thing bothers me here. I feel that she overreacted. She didn't call her mother or her farther or anybody else before committing suicide, did she? Why not?

If she had called her parents they must have helped her to get though it. When I try to look upon this incident from her parents standpoint I understand that I simply want one thing. I would want to have chance to help her to relieve her pain. That's it. Did she give them that chance?

And one more point. It seems that she was from very conservative family and they hadn't talked a lot about sex. It might have helped a little. The motive of those boys may have been not humiliation but rather sexual desire. Was it proved that they had wanted to get her down by doing this? I mean that boys typically try to humilite other boys not girls in order to gain a certain status. In contrast towards girls they often do sexual things and not humiliative ones.
LadyMacbeth wrote: Today these boys have been sentenced for 3 months of arrest. In my country no real punishment for adolesents:(.
Neither in mine.
purplewater.

Post by purplewater. »

I wonder why other classmates didnt stop that group of boys. :roll:
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

continuation,

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello,
Certainly, those boys did a nasty thing. But one thing bothers me here. I feel that she overreacted. She didn't call her mother or her farther or anybody else before committing suicide, did she? Why not?

If she had called her parents they must have helped her to get though it. When I try to look upon this incident from her parents standpoint I understand
that I simply want one thing. I would want to have chance to help her to relieve her pain. That's it. Did she give them that chance?

And one more point. It seems that she was from very conservative family and they hadn't talked a lot about sex. It might have helped a little. The motive of those boys may have been not humiliation but rather sexual desire. Was it proved that they had wanted to get her down by doing this? I mean that boys typically try to humilite other boys not girls in order to gain a certain status. In contrast towards girls they often do sexual things and not humiliative ones

Well...I think they did a nasty thing of course but you know ... they should be REALLY punished, are they?
No they aren't. In my country they aren't REALLY punished so... ehm... what are we really writing about?
I have forgotten:(

Another thing is why the girl was silent? Because she was humiliated. She was terribly humiliated. I think humiliation is something much deeper than you can judge at the first sight. I mean - sometimes someone can humilate you very much without taking off your underwear and simulating sexual activity etc. And from my point of view it was something like that. She was simply very humiliated thus she committed suicide. It is very difficult to explain it to me but I think I am right at this point. Of course it is my private opinion.
So being humilated by a group of imbecils is one thing and another thing is comming back to the class where NONNE, NOONE stood on your side, even one person. Maybe that hurt her even more than a gang of idiots? Maybe she waited for a call from someone to be comforted etc. and noone cared.
I wouldn't put parents into such situations. She was 14 not 4. I would blame all her class for leaving her allow during and after these shameful events. Really :(
The church, conservative upbringing - why do you want to blame the church for her suicide. For me it was her choice (firstly)- she should have rather thought about changing the school instead of commiting suicide. Then I would put the responsibility for all people who were in this class and were watching these deeds.

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

for leaving her alone
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Then I would put the responsibility on all the people who were in this class and were watching these deeds.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: continuation,

Post by wllsp »

LadyMacbeth wrote: Another thing is why the girl was silent? Because she was humiliated. She was terribly humiliated. I think humiliation is something much deeper than you can judge at the first sight. I mean - sometimes someone can humilate you very much without taking off your underwear and simulating sexual activity etc. And from my point of view it was something like that. She was simply very humiliated thus she committed suicide. It is very difficult to explain it to me but I think I am right at this point.
You are right, the extent of her trauma was really huge.
LadyMacbeth wrote: Then I would put the responsibility for all people who were in this class and were watching these deeds.
So would I.