What's the thing I like?

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

nokoru

What's the thing I like?

Post by nokoru »

Well, I don't know whether it's a problem or not but I really feel that I'm in mess when I think about it. My problem is I don't know what job I like and I just have one year to think about it before I take an examination to enter an university. I need to find out early to learn more about the subjects I need. What should I do? I don't even know what subject I like most. My score at those subjects can't help me too because I can study in a subject which I'm not interested in and still get good marks (of course after studying hard ><). Can you all give some advices??? I'm really in a big mess!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

It's a shame we are forced to choose our careers too early :roll:
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Well, I had the same problem when I studied in a school. I didn't know where to study after, I always wanted to be a doctor but at the last moment I changed my mind ,and I entered to the A.S.O.A. Now,I think I did the right choice! Just follow to your heart, mind and so on...
:)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

What's the ASOA? :roll:
nokoru

Post by nokoru »

Uhm, but my mind is not clear now. Sometimes, people say that job chooses people and others say when it's the time, you will know which job you like. I wonder when that time comes.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Surely there's something you like, Nokoru :D
nokoru

Post by nokoru »

Uhm, sometimes I like one thing but I'm not sure if I really like it. When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a teacher for a long time. Then I grew up and I changed my mind when I was in secondary school. At that time, I was interested in photography but my dad called that was a silly thought, shouted at me and didn't allow me to study (Now I know that although I really like it, I can't consider it as a serious job). I like Japanese (this is just hobby and not about job) but my dad again doesn't allow me to study. This is the first time I really like something for such a long time. Therefore, I study it by myself. >"< But I don't want to be an interpreter and I learn J just 'cause I really like it.

So, there's something I like but to think 'bout a serious job, it is hard to find what I really want to do. >"<
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Dixie wrote:What's the ASOA? :roll:
It's name of my high school.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

nokoru wrote:Uhm, sometimes I like one thing but I'm not sure if I really like it. When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a teacher for a long time. Then I grew up and I changed my mind when I was in secondary school. At that time, I was interested in photography but my dad called that was a silly thought, shouted at me and didn't allow me to study (Now I know that although I really like it, I can't consider it as a serious job). I like Japanese (this is just hobby and not about job) but my dad again doesn't allow me to study. This is the first time I really like something for such a long time. Therefore, I study it by myself. >"< But I don't want to be an interpreter and I learn J just 'cause I really like it.

So, there's something I like but to think 'bout a serious job, it is hard to find what I really want to do. >"<
But your dad can't decide for you, can he? The only thing he can do is to give you some advice, but he can't tell you what you should or should not study. If you like photography, why not? And if you like Japanese, why not study Japanese?
nokoru

Post by nokoru »

It's not easy like you think, Dixie. I can't have a Japanese course or photography course because if my dad doesn't allow me to go, then I can't go out (Schools don't teach those subjects). Everytime I go out, I have to tell where I go and of course he will be the one who takes me to that place. >"< That's why what I can learn is depend on my dear dad (except I learn it by myself at home).
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

May I ask your age? :roll:
nokoru

Post by nokoru »

I'm 15. What's wrong with that? ( Some people said my dad takes care of me so carefully ><)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

nokoru wrote:I'm 15. What's wrong with that? ( Some people said my dad takes care of me so carefully ><)
Because it sounded like you were really young. It's normal that your parents take care of you, and want the best for you. When you're that young, they think you can't possibly be sure about what you want to do with your future. I'm sure your dad thought that photography is just a hobby for you and that you needed to focus and think about a more important major.

I think what you should do is decide what you really want and, when you're absolutely sure about it, tell your dad, and if he doesn't accept it, make him explain you the reasons. When he's finished, explain him yours. You should both have a nice talk, listen to each other, take into account your father's reasons and also yours and then take a decision.
Nu

Post by Nu »

Dixie wrote: I think what you should do is decide what you really want and, when you're absolutely sure about it, tell your dad, and if he doesn't accept it, make him explain you the reasons. When he's finished, explain him yours. You should both have a nice talk, listen to each other, take into account your father's reasons and also yours and then take a decision.
hmm... it seems to be very easy to come and say 'dad, let's talk about...' but sometimes our parents don't understand completely our way of thinking... I constantly face this problem, they consider some ideas a bit striking and abnormal 'coz in their time these things were forbitten.
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Man, then I was lucky when I was 15. :P I just told my mom that I am not going to attend to that ~ school. but she almost dragged me all the way to that school anyway and didn’t give a damn about all my struggling and shouts! :lol: Lucky me that the principals in that school didn’t accept me after all (it was a religious school for special students) and my mom had no way except to give up! Hahaha, making threats against my parents for the first time in my life felt good! :lol:
tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tenron »

I feel like you, nokoru .But you don't have to worry about it so seriously. I take some Japanese courses to get the qualification of Japanese teacher in my univearsity. It doesn't mean I want to be a Japanese teacher in the future. In case my dream come true, I think I had better to have some qualifications. I don't think you should take everything so serious.Life is longer than you think, nokoru.I suggest all you have to do now is to do what you should do just now, such as homeworks given by your teachers,club acitivities, and preparation to enter the university. As far as I know ,not all my classmates entered university after they had decided what to do in the future.If you steadily deal with things that are facing you one by one, suddenly you will find thing you like in the whole of your life.
Many a little makes a mickle.
nokoru

Post by nokoru »

Well, actually, I had the same thoughts as you, Tenron and 'cause there're many things happened that I haven't come here for a while. Thanks for your advice, all of you. :D
tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

You're welcome

Post by tenron »

I,m glad I can help you.I think those who have the thing that want to do from the bottom of their heart are very haoppy.It is usual for you not to have the things like that.But you shold'nt stop seeking to find the answer what you want to do in the future.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: What's the thing I like?

Post by sweethuman »

Well it is mostly observed all over the world and it is bitter fact which we have to deal with