EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

No Sex Please, we're British!

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Hardi » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:34 pm

Good.

Though, I'm only heard that british tourism offices shell estonia this way. Yes there is seen many tourists from other countries some time, who drunk bottom of table because they find vodka so cheap here, that they find it's crime not to drink. Actually I don't know any of these bordello where they located and I don't get how and why they know...
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby jeffcox » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:56 am

Then, I think you should do some research before you insult a whole nation based only on what you've heard!

England has some very strict laws on sex tourism, some of the most rigid in the world. And don't forget about the marketing expression 'supply and demand'... no supply, no demand; no demand, no supply...

So if all British are dirty fat pigs because they go to Estonia for sex... then all Estonians are prostitutes because they offer sex. So, are you a prostitute? Is your sister a prostitute? Is your mother a prostitute?

Can you see how such generalisations are offensive?
jeffcox
Gold Member

Postby MooNboy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:19 pm

If we think that way, we must say that Chinese love sex,having and taking care of babies :D :D
MooNboy
Gold Member

Postby pansera » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:19 am

In my opinion these clichés just make some kind of conflicts between countries.
Most of these clichés are just another country, however some can be real, for example when some Brazilian people refers to an argentine as a "dirty” person. We say that because when come to our beaches most of them do not care about cleanliness.
pansera

Postby pansera » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:23 am

I am Brazilian also, and I agree with you.
I think the people should see the clichés as a good critic ,that is, if such clichés do not sounds good for the country, the person should try to change it to be able to make their country better.
pansera

Postby Oriani » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:26 pm

Agree :P
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:25 am

The stereotypes I know of Brazil are women have big hips and long, dark hair. Brazilians like to dance, and they all know how to dance Lambada. :P :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby ASG » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:38 am

I don't think so, in my personal opinion I respect the nation of British. Don't worry about what they said, British still British.

my intersts to this country is my attempts of learning british accent. :lol:

nice to participating with you in this topic.
ASG

Re: No Sex Please, we're British!

Postby waleed » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:12 am

TP wrote:No Sex Please, we're British!
the question is how we can measure sex ? by kilo or cm no one can detect ur biritsh love sex or even by having babies may be the britsh r still concervative a bout the sex but even not talking about not meaning that you do not have it , so enjoy your self

We often make generalizations about countries and nationalities. For example, many people think that the British don't like sex. Or we think that all French people wear berets and drink red wine. These are called clichés or stereotypes. These clichés are often inaccurate, or at least out-of-date. Often they are completely wrong and unfair.

Does it help international relations to make generalizations about countries and national characteristics?
waleed

Re: No Sex Please, we're British!

Postby sharklish » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:30 pm

xiaomanman wrote:
TP wrote:No Sex Please, we're British!
For example, many people think that the British don't like sex.

generalization is inaccurate sometimes. If British people don't like sex, why would so many British babies come to the world everyday? Where are these new babies from?

Of course, they are from sex.

I burst out when i saw your answer ,it is very funy but get the point .
sharklish

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion