EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Who is responsible for motivating students?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

AGREE TO Lynne

Postby hoanggia » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:44 pm

YEAH I AGREE MOST OF WHAT YOU SAID.I VE BEEN TEACHING QUITE MANY CLASSES AND I MAY SAY IT DEPENDS ON TWO SIDES -THE TEACHERS AND THE STUDENTS TO MAKE THE LEARNINGTIME INTERESTING.HOWEVER IT;S DEPEND MOST ON THE STUDENT'S FORCE OF LEARNING.IF THEY SET UP A GOAL OF GOING ABROAD STUDYING ,YOU WOULDN'T WASTE MUCH SALIVA. :P :D
hoanggia
Silver Member

Postby CityYoung » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:59 pm

In my opinion both of them . First on students and the Secound on teachers . the teacher should motivate his her students because the students take any word comes out of the teacher and work by it .
CityYoung
Platinum Member

Postby Vega » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:50 am

I think that motivating students is not teachers' job , teacher only can show you right way.
In my academy where i study there's a lector who always is motivating students to study, but few
students study. I think that if you want really to get a knowledges then you don't need wait when somebody
will motivate you.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby feanor » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:01 pm

i m motivated if i want to be motivated or if i feel i must be motivated. this happens especially when a lesson is important for me or quite diffucult to pass. teacher has a very small role for me..
feanor
Gold Member

Postby Gwynfor » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:24 pm

I think that the teacher's role is very important, but many things depend on family and a system of education.
Gwynfor

Postby wllsp » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:10 pm

Briefly, I think adults should be self-motivated and children become interested in learning English due to a teacher.

Learning English is a rather difficult task for most adults. It easily might take two or three or even more years to become good at it. Personally I've met enough people who started learning English and then after some time stoped going to lessons and doing homework. Apart from time it requires a lot of efforts to archive results. It seems that only self-motivated students manage to get though this process. So I believe that in this case the only role of
a teacher is to use an effective methodology.

As for childern it's a completely different picture. Often they simply like playing and definetely aren't focused on their future career. So the process of education must be interesting and lessons must be entertaining. Therefore teachers are responsible for motivating and encouraging their young students.
wllsp
Gold Member

Postby cuongviet » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:58 am

themself, their teachers, their parents, Friends...
But the most important one is themself. They must be responsible for their past, present and future.
cuongviet

Postby ASG » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:07 am

my point of veiw is the responsible is the teacher with his ways to explain the lesson.

if he good in explain and friendly to share the ideas with student I think there will be intraction class.

some ways I suggest is group work,share the student to each other and every short period a quizz
ASG

Postby ericfiel » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:25 pm

I think everyone learns something if he/she is happy doing it. So I think the teacher is really important because in my opnion he's responsable for motivating the class, making the the student intersted on it.
ericfiel

new year resolution

Postby gudipudi » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:55 am

Hi guys ..

why dnt we share our resolutions over here

cheers
gudipudi

--------------
http://www.food-giftbasket.org
gudipudi

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion