STAY UP LATE

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

sweetheart

STAY UP LATE

Post by sweetheart »

I don't know why I can't sleep early. I often stay up over 1AM. It makes me very tired in the next morning. I read newspaper or am online at that time. I can't control my time. Can you help me sleep early? My eyes and memory are very bad now. :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

One thing I do, is go to bed and read. Soon I start to feel sleepy (not because the book isn't interesting!!) and I have to turn the light off...
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

Dixie wrote:One thing I do, is go to bed and read. Soon I start to feel sleepy (not because the book isn't interesting!!) and I have to turn the light off...
Oh yes when I read books I will be sleepy very soon but It is an obstacle for exam time coz make cant read long or you may find something to eat coz when you are replete you will be sleepy but It's quite bad way It will make you fat.
sweetheart

Post by sweetheart »

babara wrote:
Dixie wrote:One thing I do, is go to bed and read. Soon I start to feel sleepy (not because the book isn't interesting!!) and I have to turn the light off...
Oh yes when I read books I will be sleepy very soon but It is an obstacle for exam time coz make cant read long or you may find something to eat coz when you are replete you will be sleepy but It's quite bad way It will make you fat.
I read o lot of books, I still couldn't be sleepy. :lol: . Babara is right. When i stayed up late, I often ate something. I'm not fat but my stomatch is painful and my memory is bad. :roll:
fabio

Work hard

Post by fabio »

Man, when I work hard all day long, I feel very, very tired, then I go to the sofa and start to watch TV.

Man, it's like a shot in your head. You die in sleep, man. And if you wake up, go directly to bed and sleep a deep sleep 'till morning.

It works!
sharklish

a good way to make you sleep

Post by sharklish »

first ,i find listenning to some foreign language is helpful ,concentrate on that will make you tired and sleepy
secondly ,close you eye ,i say to yourself "i want to sleep now ",and demand your head to sleep ,your neck ,your chest ,your arms ,~~~~your toes
thirdly,count sheeps.one ,two ,three~~~
greencat
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greencat »

Counting sheep??? It reminds me of once I tried to sleep in that way. Even when I had counted the 5 hundredth sheep, I couldn't get to sleep. :lol:

To sweetheart: I think you should set up a habit of going to bed early. :D
Firstly, try to go to bed earlier, although you can't sleep. Then, keep lying still, not to think about anything. Forget all about your computer,or newspapers as well. I mean keeping your mind relaxed.then you'll sleep ^^Hope so. Practice in a month, and you'll see the result. :D

I myself often stay up late to surf on the internet :lol:
sweetheart

Post by sweetheart »

greencat wrote:Counting sheep??? It reminds me of once I tried to sleep in that way. Even when I had counted the 5 hundredth sheep, I couldn't get to sleep. :lol:

To sweetheart: I think you should set up a habit of going to bed early. :D
Firstly, try to go to bed earlier, although you can't sleep. Then, keep lying still, not to think about anything. Forget all about your computer,or newspapers as well. I mean keeping your mind relaxed.then you'll sleep ^^Hope so. Practice in a month, and you'll see the result. :D

I myself often stay up late to surf on the internet :lol:
Thank you greencat. I often stay up late to surf the net too. I will try your way which you recommend me.
I also counted sheep but I have to use computer to help me count :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I feel sleepy early because I always have to get up at 5:00 am every single day!! So, can you imagine If I go to bed at 2 am and wake up at 5? No way!! So, If I can, I try to go to bed early and make the efford to focus on my sweet sleep! :P
sweetheart

Post by sweetheart »

Oriani wrote:I feel sleepy early because I always have to get up at 5:00 am every single day!! So, can you imagine If I go to bed at 2 am and wake up at 5? No way!! So, If I can, I try to go to bed early and make the efford to focus on my sweet sleep! :P
:D :D Oriani, I also think that you must sleep early because you are just one year old :D :D . You need to sleep more than me. :D :D . I saw your picture so I guess you are a baby (maybe 1 year) :lol: :lol:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

sweetheart wrote:
Oriani wrote:I feel sleepy early because I always have to get up at 5:00 am every single day!! So, can you imagine If I go to bed at 2 am and wake up at 5? No way!! So, If I can, I try to go to bed early and make the efford to focus on my sweet sleep! :P
:D :D Oriani, I also think that you must sleep early because you are just one year old :D :D . You need to sleep more than me. :D :D . I saw your picture so I guess you are a baby (maybe 1 year) :lol: :lol:
LOL!!! :oops: Good point! Acutally on that pic I was 6 months old :P :oops: !!
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

greencat wrote:To sweetheart: I think you should set up a habit of going to bed early. :D
Firstly, try to go to bed earlier, although you can't sleep. Then, keep lying still, not to think about anything. Forget all about your computer,or newspapers as well. I mean keeping your mind relaxed.then you'll sleep ^^Hope so. Practice in a month, and you'll see the result...
Dear sweetheart

Supernaturally speaking, Greencats's suggestion will work. It's worth trying.

Psychologically speaking, it needs twenty one days to get into a habit.
milococosiro

Re: STAY UP LATE

Post by milococosiro »

sweetheart wrote:I don't know why I can't sleep early. I often stay up over 1AM. It makes me very tired in the next morning. I read newspaper or am online at that time. I can't control my time. Can you help me sleep early? My eyes and memory are very bad now. :roll:
When I were in highschool and prepared for university entrance examination, I had never slept over 4 hours per day :D, I went to bed at 3am and woke up at 6am. However, now, I actually can't :D.
Let me share you my experience:
- Don't do anything which make your body warmer (for example: do exercises, walking, running....)at least 45 minutes before you intend to go to bed.
- Take a warm shower.
- Drink a glass of warm milk.
- Read books or listen to gentle melody music (it's up to you)
- Finally, try these steps day by day in about 3 to 4 days. After that, it becomes your habit and you'll feel easily in sleeping early.
Good luck and have fun.