EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Married people are happier than unmarried people

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby babara » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:52 pm

I agree with you when you live with your parents. For people who live far from home, i believe that they will feel like me.

I understand cause loneliness can happen everywhere everytime. :)
babara
Platinum Member

Postby Rui » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:20 pm

well, the answer to your question its very simple, there's many good and bad things on both sides, and above everything its not really a thing of choose if you wanna be alone or not, because when fall in love by someone or you accept the feeling or you have struggle against and getting sad a lot of times, when you love someone you just cannot control if life without that person would be better because there's no space in your mind for things without that person in your life,

my god, i've been writing so many beautiful things lately that i must question myself, what the hell have i drunk :lol: since my life is everything unless that perfect :roll:
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Danyet » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:37 pm

The difference is that married people know that they are unhappy but single people don't.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby nhuly » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:47 am

babara wrote:
I agree with you when you live with your parents. For people who live far from home, i believe that they will feel like me.

What do you do when you are lonely? It's significant to your life?
nhuly
Silver Member

Postby babara » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:22 am

nhuly wrote:
babara wrote:

What do you do when you are lonely? It's significant to your life?

I will find a friend who I'm trusful for talking or going out or be with my family and do activities together but most I will do both talking with friend and be with family.
babara
Platinum Member

Re: Married people are happier than unmarried people

Postby kcarun » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:38 am

If you are a capable man/women then then married life is More Happier than the other. Otherwise it will be more worse than HELL!
kcarun

married people happier than unmarried people ?

Postby Lac » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:15 am

Which one is happier than other ? Not sure about this.
First we should define the meaning of happiness. It could be understood like this: "Happiness is to do and achieve one's purpose in the proper way". Certainly we have more definitions than that, but i assume it's almost right in any circumstance.
So some of you are quite correct saying that happiness is entirely up one's choices. I dont make mention of the fact that most scientists assumed the singles' longevity would shorter than the married people. The matter is who happier: the married or unmarried people in terms of their feelings.
To my humble point happiness is the substance and marriage is the phenomenon. You already know how those who are singles still happier than married man. Ask the singles to see if they content with their personal choices, you would have objective answers. And so with the married man.
Marriage is the status in which one man and woman coordinate closely together (how about gay and lesbian ?- Talk later). That means their own wishes and will are fullfilled completely which correspond with happiness just defined above.Such combination is not definitely the entirely physical and mental links between two human but only indicated through conventional rites accepted by cutom, habit.
When married people live and undergo together hard trials as well as sufferings in life for long, some weakness and contradiction of both would begin to expose before obtaining the final steps: divorce.
Some man say divorce is the right, sometimes "happy" choice to remove the previous persistent "unhappiness" for the married coulples involved; others say it is the tragedy of the ending.
Anyway, singleness does not mean to deny the binding and duty. The single also has own obligatory responsibilties toward his or her life in relation to others. If their happiness is to carry out that, the happiness of the marriage is surely to be acquired in married couples' life.
Lac
Silver Member

Re: married people happier than unmarried people ?

Postby frengo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:21 pm

Lac wrote:...
First we should define the meaning of happiness. It could be understood like this: "Happiness is to do and achieve one's purpose in the proper way"...

Lac, you've got the point!
In fact, i think that the question posed here ("are married people happier than unmarried people?") has no sense... Happiness is a feeling not dependent from the status of "married" or "single", it cannot be! Happiness (or sadness) is coming from a great number of aspects of your life, each one infleuncing the others. Being married is not the main aspect, but it can take you to happiness or sadness just if you are dramatically wrong when you choose your partner: an example? Me...
I have been married two times: the first time it was hell, the second was heaven... being married or single is not the key, then!
frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006

Re: married people happier than unmarried people ?

Postby nhuly » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:45 am

frengo wrote:
Lac wrote:...
First we should define the meaning of happiness. It could be understood like this: "Happiness is to do and achieve one's purpose in the proper way"...

I have been married two times: the first time it was hell, the second was heaven... being married or single is not the key, then!

How can you escap the hell to go to heaven? I'm sure that you had spent a long time in stragic situations. I admire you.
nhuly
Silver Member

happiness in marital status

Postby Lac » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:03 am

You're right,Frengo,when saying happiness not totally dependent upon our marital status. After the broken marriage with the first wife, you surely have more experiences of understading what happiness in love is. I think what we call happiness is quite comparative,more exactly, so fragile. That's the reason why we've got to carefully preserve it. Happiness is by no means brought from the outside and then we become subsidiary to others. The right understanding perhaps lies in what we seek and maintain happiness by ourselves.
If I were you (first divorce, second marriage), I would draw more bitter lessons from the first failure for not choosing the former path. But at the same time, i would not get my hopes too high on the possible second marriage. The first lesson was too great to do again. You are so courageous to continue your second marriage, Frengo!
Yet how can predict what would happen in the now paradise in the long term ? Future is mysterious and all of us like tumblers or rop-dancers facing it. Probaly, the apprehension of "happiness not totally dependent upon marital status" help us much in assessing properly our life, doesnt it ?
Lac
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions