EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Saddam has been hanged!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Saddam has been hanged!

Postby Shazzam » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:14 am

This isn't a political or reglious post it is just a fact 3.00 est Saddam was hanged. His daughters have requested that his body be returned to them until such time as he can be buried in Iraq. I hope they aren't holding their breath.

Anyway that is the news!!

Note from Mod: Any post related to politics or leading to arguments in this thread will be deleted without warning. So please be careful with such a topic. Thanks!
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:08 pm

I wanted to start this thread but I thought everybody would think it was political :D Anyway I heard the news last night that he was about to be hanged and I thought oh my dog! We are still hanging people in the 21st century! Everybody here already knows I'm against death penalty, I think that acting like he did means not only to low ourselves to his own level but also to become monsters like him. As far as I'm concerned, he could have rotten in prison.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Danyet » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:48 pm

Yes the death penalty does seem a bit messy doesn't it. I think they should have just done something like lock Saddam in a cell with a grizzly bear. If the grizzly wanted to eat him, well that would be his business, not ours, right?
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Hardi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:51 pm

danyet wrote:Yes the death penalty does seem a bit messy doesn't it. I think they should have just done something like lock Saddam in a cell with a grizzly bear. If the grizzly wanted to eat him, well that would be his business, not ours, right?
I suggest shark. I like bears.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Oriani » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Dixie wrote:I wanted to start this thread but I thought everybody would think it was political :D .

Me too...I was afraid to talk about it!!

Well. He's already dead!
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby fadi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:08 pm

SORRY FOR SADDAM :x
fadi

Postby Dixie » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:33 pm

fadi wrote:for me dixie i dont agree with the time Saddam was hangged.,.,as this day is the first day of Muslims EID.,.,so i dont think that the time of what happened is good

what do u think??????????

I think there's no good time to kill people. All times are bad, regardless of any celebrations.
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:37 pm

Hardi wrote:
danyet wrote:Yes the death penalty does seem a bit messy doesn't it. I think they should have just done something like lock Saddam in a cell with a grizzly bear. If the grizzly wanted to eat him, well that would be his business, not ours, right?

How about crocodile, a combination of grizzly bear (land) and shark (water)???
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Anahita » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:42 pm

Hardi wrote:

ROFLAMO! You guys are so funny!! :lol: I agree with shark idea more though :wink: , hehehe, it really served him right and also those big fishes could have some fun with hairy dude 8) :lol: but damn, it's already too late now for arranging this show! poof, another criminal was sent to the hell... *leans back as lights a cig and smirks*
Last edited by Anahita on Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anahita
Platinum Member

Postby Anahita » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:45 pm

LennyeTran wrote:How about crocodile, a combination of grizzly bear (land) and shark (water)???

Bravo Len! 8) Splendid idea indeed! :wink: :lol:
Anahita
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Current News