Saddam has been hanged!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Saddam has been hanged!

Post by Shazzam »

This isn't a political or reglious post it is just a fact 3.00 est Saddam was hanged. His daughters have requested that his body be returned to them until such time as he can be buried in Iraq. I hope they aren't holding their breath.

Anyway that is the news!!

Note from Mod: Any post related to politics or leading to arguments in this thread will be deleted without warning. So please be careful with such a topic. Thanks!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I wanted to start this thread but I thought everybody would think it was political :D Anyway I heard the news last night that he was about to be hanged and I thought oh my dog! We are still hanging people in the 21st century! Everybody here already knows I'm against death penalty, I think that acting like he did means not only to low ourselves to his own level but also to become monsters like him. As far as I'm concerned, he could have rotten in prison.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Yes the death penalty does seem a bit messy doesn't it. I think they should have just done something like lock Saddam in a cell with a grizzly bear. If the grizzly wanted to eat him, well that would be his business, not ours, right?
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

danyet wrote:Yes the death penalty does seem a bit messy doesn't it. I think they should have just done something like lock Saddam in a cell with a grizzly bear. If the grizzly wanted to eat him, well that would be his business, not ours, right?
I suggest shark. I like bears.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Dixie wrote:I wanted to start this thread but I thought everybody would think it was political :D .
Me too...I was afraid to talk about it!!

Well. He's already dead!
fadi

Post by fadi »

SORRY FOR SADDAM :x
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

fadi wrote: for me dixie i dont agree with the time Saddam was hangged.,.,as this day is the first day of Muslims EID.,.,so i dont think that the time of what happened is good

what do u think??????????
I think there's no good time to kill people. All times are bad, regardless of any celebrations.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:
danyet wrote:Yes the death penalty does seem a bit messy doesn't it. I think they should have just done something like lock Saddam in a cell with a grizzly bear. If the grizzly wanted to eat him, well that would be his business, not ours, right?
How about crocodile, a combination of grizzly bear (land) and shark (water)???
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Hardi wrote:
ROFLAMO! You guys are so funny!! :lol: I agree with shark idea more though :wink: , hehehe, it really served him right and also those big fishes could have some fun with hairy dude 8) :lol: but damn, it's already too late now for arranging this show! poof, another criminal was sent to the hell... *leans back as lights a cig and smirks*
Last edited by Anahita on Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

LennyeTran wrote: How about crocodile, a combination of grizzly bear (land) and shark (water)???
Bravo Len! 8) Splendid idea indeed! :wink: :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

:twisted: :wink: Hell yeah! Death penalty was just too easy for him. My aunt said they should have made him walk around, and whoever had family members killed/tortured by him could pinch him once. Just once from each and it'd have been painful enough to kill him. :lol: :lol: Also, it showed how many people he had done wrong to them. :roll:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Okay crocodile is good. I don't love crocodiles much.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote::twisted: :wink: Hell yeah! Death penalty was just too easy for him. My aunt said they should have made him walk around, and whoever had family members killed/tortured by him could pinch him once. Just once from each and it'd have been painful enough to kill him. :lol: :lol: Also, it showed how many people he had done wrong to them. :roll:
I like that!!
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

I think that SAADM shouldn't hang beaceuse it will makes situations worse look around u and see and hear the bombs evryday may ALLAH help them.

but my question is:who is the beneficia from his death ?????????
politics

or

people who killed their families or relatives
his death will not reback them to life

noone is perfect or angel also SAADAM he was't comlete or angel everynoe makes mistakes but at least IRAQ was one country under his leadership.

this is my veiw point

cheers
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

sweets wrote:I think that SAADM shouldn't hang beaceuse it will makes situations worse look around u and see and hear the bombs evryday may ALLAH help them.

politics

or

noone is perfect or angel also SAADAM he was't comlete or angel everynoe makes mistakes but at least IRAQ was one country under his leadership.

this is my veiw point

cheers
And exactly where did he lead this country with his leadership? I think we all know...

Yes, its true that his death won't bring back the life's he has taken away but try saying this to the victims who lost their dear ones because of this savage dictator. I don’t know exactly about Iraqi people and how many he killed from his own people but I have seen how he was killing my own people. if you had seen how your friend's arm and legs were throwing into the air after hitting a bomb a few meters away from you and their warm blood were splashing on your face, how would you think about the man who had ordered this? could you just close your eyes and think this man's deed's dont concern you and it just has HAPPENED this way?

Regardless that how you look at it, his evil deeds were more than what you call just a MISTAKE. Killing all these innocent people, kids and women, torturing his own people all these years ... He was a horrifying criminal and didn’t deserve any mercy. Although I know his death is not going to change any thing that much and what's done is done but at least some people can stop crying for their dear ones after hearing this news and feel a little calm.. at last.

Anyway, this is my last post regarding politic matters in this topic, sorry for bringing these sad memories up in this beautiful night. I wish you all happiness and thanks for bearing with me folks.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I agree. His death serves to warn other despot presidents who may think that they can kill their own people with out fear of punishment! Saddam thought that he could do what ever he wanted. He found out that was wrong.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

sweets wrote:I think that SAADM shouldn't hang beaceuse it will makes situations worse look around u and see and hear the bombs evryday may ALLAH help them.

politics

or

this is my veiw point

cheers
So because it won't bring people back that he killed he should just go back to his office and have lunch, is that what you are saying? I'm confused.

Also what difference does it make when where or how. It has happened. It could have been Christmas day no other person that has been dealt the death penalty has had the choice. I can imagine it now all the prisoners in America on death row complaining because it is their nieces birthday, or their mothers birthday or their birthday for that matter.

The whole argument is irrelevant. :roll:

The point here so that this thread doesn't become political or religious the fact is he was hanged. Good bad or indifferent there it is.

Be very careful people you know the rules. :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Anahita wrote:He was a horrifying criminal and didn’t deserve any mercy. Although I know his death is not going to change any thing that much and what's done is done but at least some people can stop crying for their dear ones after hearing this news and feel a little calm.. at last.
Exactly! Now they can sleep peacefully at night knowing he would not have a slight chance to return to torture them ever again. I consider this as a good new of 2006. I do not feel pitiful hearing his death at all. If yes, then it'd be unfair to those he'd killed. :roll: :roll:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

This is unbelievable, I just found a video of his death!!!!!!!!!! If anybody is interested... just ask... although I wouldn't recommend it (I haven't seen it though and I don't think I will).

By the way, while people were celebrating Saddam's death, 70 more people died yesterday in Iraq.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I think it hasn't been necessary in current situation in Iraq, that will just increase violence. Execution is the discrimination of human rights. Everyone has right to live. Maybe, spending rest of life in a prison would be right punishment, but under the pressure of U.S. government they hanged him.
jackyip

Post by jackyip »

He deserved it :evil:
i'm not sure what he's done but as you know that things ain't good even violent.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Xkalibur wrote:I think it hasn't been necessary in current situation in Iraq, that will just increase violence. Execution is the discrimination of human rights. Everyone has right to live. Maybe, spending rest of life in a prison would be right punishment, but under the pressure of U.S. government they hanged him.
Tell that to people he'd killed!
Efantastic

Post by Efantastic »

Anahita wrote:
Hardi wrote:
ROFLAMO! You guys are so funny!! :lol: I agree with shark idea more though :wink: , hehehe, it really served him right and also those big fishes could have some fun with hairy dude 8) :lol: but damn, it's already too late now for arranging this show! poof, another criminal was sent to the hell... *leans back as lights a cig and smirks*
you happy??????
You do not know. Maybe he now in heaven.

yah maybe>>>

dont forget last words... he told>>

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن محمد رسول الله

see ....

i hope to be last words when i die

i think he lucky

also i think his soul now in heaven.

just i think....

but i dont know.

just god who know about that.
Last edited by Efantastic on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

The date and time of death was inappropriate, actually I have never heard that a president has been executed, anyway he is gone and I feel sorry,

Rest in Peace
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

His soul is in heaven, rest in peace??!??!!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The best jokes ever of 2006! Gosh, I just can't stop laughing!!!!!!!
fadi

Post by fadi »

Romantic wrote:The date and time of death was inappropriate, actually I have never heard that a president has been executed, anyway he is gone and I feel sorry,

Rest in Peace
agree with u my friend

may his soul rest in peace
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LennyeTran wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:I think it hasn't been necessary in current situation in Iraq, that will just increase violence. Execution is the discrimination of human rights. Everyone has right to live. Maybe, spending rest of life in a prison would be right punishment, but under the pressure of U.S. government they hanged him.

That is just shows again that democracy cannot be established in countries such as Iraq,where human rights don't respects, where justice most of times guided by religion.That sentence(verdict) was just revenge reinforced by rage of many Iraqi peoples, not objective from view point of human rights,Lenny.
fadi

Post by fadi »

LennyeTran wrote:
and what do u think of israli soldiers continuous killing of innocent palistinians.,.,who is responseple.,.,?????????who must be hannged for this murders????????

not only Saddam is against democracy.,.there r many people must be hangged for killing innocent
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Xkalibur wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:

That is just shows again that democracy cannot be established in countries such as Iraq,where human rights don't respects, where justice most of times guided by religion.That sentence(verdict) was just revenge reinforced by rage of many Iraqi peoples, not objective from view point of human rights,Lenny.
One on one is a revenge. Take a look at how many people he'd killed or ordered to kill/torture, then you'd know his sentence was not a revenge. Justice should be brought to those who deserve it. Putting him in jail does no justice since he never felt remorse. It'd be a waste of our money and energy. And what if he could be able to escape? Can you guarantee he would not try to kill anyone anymore? No, you can't and neither can others. Therefore, his death will put other people in peace. This is what I call justice.
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Efantastic wrote:
Anahita wrote:
Hardi wrote:I suggest shark. I like bears.
you happy??????

yah maybe>>>

see ....

i think he lucky

just i think....

but i dont know.

yes, you got it right, I am happy. * dances around the room* I am so happy that you cant even imagine. Why shouldn’t I? The murderer, who killed my friends and people for eight years, the one who destroyed many life's and innocent persons who never had done any thing wrong to him, is dead now. This is the logical conclusion of his terrible crimes which grabbed his neck and suffocated him at last. Being in heaven? What a cruel joke, hell is the only right place for such a horrifying demon. Where was justice in this world when he was killing people? If he had killed your own family and friends would you still be so carefree about this? huh? Even if he was reading 1000 verses of Koran before dying, yet he wasn’t able to achieve the forgiveness of the souls he has killed brutally and savagely.

Yes, I am so happy, so happy that I can cry and laugh in a same time but I'll stop my tears because I know for a person who never has felt the same pain, talking about these is just wasting time.
Efantastic

Post by Efantastic »

Anahita wrote:
Efantastic wrote:
Anahita wrote: ROFLAMO! You guys are so funny!! :lol: I agree with shark idea more though :wink: , hehehe, it really served him right and also those big fishes could have some fun with hairy dude 8) :lol: but damn, it's already too late now for arranging this show! poof, another criminal was sent to the hell... *leans back as lights a cig and smirks*
you happy??????

yah maybe>>>

Man hanged that is not enough. At any time. In the holy day, holy month ( you know killings in forbidden in this month ). I do not think that the time was appropriate. I do not think it consistent with the laws of legality in Iraq.

see ....

i think he lucky

just i think....

but i dont know.

yes, you got it right, I am happy. * dances around the room* I am so happy that you cant even imagine. Why shouldn’t I? The murderer, who killed my friends and people for eight years, the one who destroyed many life's and innocent persons who never had done any thing wrong to him, is dead now. This is the logical conclusion of his terrible crimes which grabbed his neck and suffocated him at last. Being in heaven? What a cruel joke, hell is the only right place for such a horrifying demon. Where was justice in this world when he was killing people? If he had killed your own family and friends would you still be so carefree about this? huh? Even if he was reading 1000 verses of Koran before dying, yet he wasn’t able to achieve the forgiveness of the souls he has killed brutally and savagely.

Yes, I am so happy, so happy that I can cry and laugh in a same time but I'll stop my tears because I know for a person who never has felt the same pain, talking about these is just wasting time.
you are right, but that was in the past.

Man hanged not enough. At any time. In the holy day, holy month ( you know killings is forbidden in this month ). I do not think that the time was appropriate. I do not think that time agree with the laws of legality in Iraq.

But this does not mean that God will not accept the request of forgiveness and repentance and remorse for the crimes he committed.

think about last words...
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

Could you translate it? :أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن
محمد رسول ال
sweets
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweets »

I agree with fadi and romantic that the time was not suitableat all imagine that anther president hang in chsrimis what's your feeling?
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

sweets wrote:imagine that anther president hang in chsrimis what's your feeling?
In fact, i have never heard that a president has been executed :!:
Efantastic

Post by Efantastic »

Xkalibur wrote:Could you translate it? :أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن
محمد رسول ال
she know what these words meaning.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Romantic wrote:
sweets wrote:imagine that anther president hang in chsrimis what's your feeling?
Correct me if i am wrong but he was no longer a president; he was tried for his crimes against humanity. My understanding is that he had to be pulled out of a hole in the ground (captured). He didn't seem to give his victims the opportunity to run.

History proves that there have been many leaders (even Kings and Queens) that have been beheaded etc because of their crimes.

I reiterate the date, time, place are irrelevant. The punishment was dealt out as seen fit by the Court. That should be enough. If the pray that he allegedly stated as he faced death is true you should be celebrating for him anyway. He was done a favor if this is the case. So what is the problem? :roll:
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

Shazzam wrote:
Romantic wrote:

History proves that there have been many leaders (even Kings and Queens) that have been beheaded etc because of their crimes.
the past is the past we are in 2007 with new rules and with rights, so where Saddam's rights as former president :roll:
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

Iraqis are very strong people; if you know the history before Saddam I mean thousands years ago you'll know why Saddam is good president.

Al-hajaaj Bin Yousef Al-thaqafi was extremely criminal, he died in 714,
More than 50,000 of men and 30,000 of women were in Jail but jail with no roof, so many crimes he committed no one can imagine.

We know what Saddam did, but the question is WHY he did this?
He did use chemical weapons against some parties but why?
When a president knows that there is an assassination he will do what ever it takes to protect himself.
And I wonder where those chemical weapons are now?

I can say this is the presidency with people like Iraqis, besides, when Saddam was a president we didn’t hear that there is a conflict between parties but now when Iraq is occupied by US oh my God all day long people are killed, where is the Democracy that US justify its actions by it, the conflict won't stop in Iraq and it will last for good.
Saddam had been set up and his popularity is getting increase more and more.

And I will say this again and again date of execution was inappropriate because it was our Eid and it was in the month of Hajj.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Obviously, Iraqis don't care about Eid or Saddam. That's why they killed him as a criminal undeserving of consideration.
Romantic
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Romantic »

danyet wrote:Obviously, Iraqis don't care about Eid or Saddam. That's why they killed him as a criminal undeserving of consideration.
they do care but USA doesn't.

Rest in Peace Saddam
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Arale, there IS a political post in this topic, and I think that post should be deleted. Or even better, that member must be terminated for breaking the rule. :roll:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Who has seem the video?? :roll:

I have that video in my computer!
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Oriani wrote:Who has seem the video?? :roll:

I have that video in my computer!
I can't believe that they would post that on the web. I personally wouldn't watch it.
fadi

Post by fadi »

LennyeTran wrote:Arale, there IS a political post in this topic, and I think that post should be deleted. Or even better, that member must be terminated for breaking the rule. :roll:
well i see that this topic must be blocked not the member as this topic is defenitly related to the rule which says

***NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS OR RELIGION.

its the best ideia.,., :D
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Well I have watched the secretly recorded cell phone video of Saddam swinging on his rope. It does not bother me one tiny bit. It was a good way to celebrate the new Year! The world is better off.
fadi

Post by fadi »

danyet wrote:Well I have watched the secretly recorded cell phone video of Saddam swinging on his rope. It does not bother me one tiny bit. It was a good way to celebrate the new Year! The world is better off.
tell the truth danyet.,..u kept the night cryin and cant sleep :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

danyet wrote:Well I have watched the secretly recorded cell phone video of Saddam swinging on his rope. It does not bother me one tiny bit. It was a good way to celebrate the new Year! The world is better off.

That's the same video I have, in fact , CNN showed the beginning of it this morning, but of course, not the whole one! They just said that it had been recorded with a person's cellphone and the news showed some images.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Exactly! 8)
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

Romantic wrote:We know what Saddam did, but the question is WHY he did this? He did use chemical weapons against some parties but why? When a president knows that there is an assassination he will do what ever it takes to protect himself.
Is that so? Man, I am speechless; seriously, do you know what kind of horrible, demonic logic has been hidden behind your lines? Supporting a murderer under any circumstances? By the way since when small kids and infants who were gotten killed along with their families by his chemical weapons are being called assassin?

Are you ready to approve all the crimes and blood massacres he has done under the name of THE PROTECTION OF ARAB NATION? if you want to make an excuses for him, at least try to make some thing which is more believable and acceptable!

Edited (Admin)
Last edited by Anahita on Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anahita
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Anahita »

*sighs and nods* You are right Len, it's completely useless to discuss about it with them. Regardless what reality and history tell us about the horrible crimes of this murderer, they wont listen to any logic since they have made their decision and chose their part before by saying this phrase, REST IN PEACE... Rest in peace... what a lame joke, heh. :roll: