EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Love of money is start of all evils

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby nhuly » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:55 am

Dixie wrote:I think Lee is right. Money can be the source of all kind of evil. The search for wealth has lead the world to many wars, ending obviously in disasters.

Money can bring to you happiness,success; money also bring to you alot of troubles. The root of criminal is money. I agree with Lee and Dixie.
nhuly
Silver Member

Money

Postby Lac » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:52 am

Hi,
If you re-read my mail recently posted, you would see the point i would like to emphasize. Money itself is just a kind of paper which means nothing unless it is used in the right or wrong way. So to my humble idea, money is not the root of the evils but the ways of using it in the specific aims for one's selfish evils regardless of others.
The boundary of the wrong and the right in terms of using $ is often ambiguous. One can do something that we all know is money laudering in which the money is used for public profit.
Lac
Silver Member

Postby Rui » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:22 pm

im really impressed with all your opinions, but dont you think that in this world we created money helps a lot to be happy? in my opinion its completely necessary to be happy because even when you love someone and you wanna make that person happy its not only with hugs and kisses that you will help solving all her/his problems, this is the world and the societies we have and there's noting we can do now, thought.
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby serenella » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:31 pm

I agree with you Rui when you say 'in this world we created': we associate money with happiness, while there are some places in the world - far away from our culture - where people are happy without owning money, houses, etc.
I wonder what's the real happiness?
serenella
Gold Member

Postby Rui » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:16 pm

exactly... hapiness its the kind of word that has a different meaning for each person :wink: on developed countries that is associated with money
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Elba » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:36 am

Money is not all in the life, but HELP a lot :lol:
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Money Matter

Postby kcarun » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:26 am

Hi Lee,

Your idea is Great , In our present transation money has a major part in our life, and we are all human beings ans God created us in such a way, to desereve more and more...

And our desire will continue till our end. My first dream was a n Electronic Watch.later i got it from one of my relative then next was a Cordless phone ,my friend gave me a second hand one..then for a bike ,I struggled for one in my college days but my parents refused. and after that i got it.. and next for a 4 wheeler, I bought a second hand old vehicle & unfortunatly that was a wrong decission.. U belive it or note today only i disposed it , I lost 12000 indian rupees in that deal.

Now my dream is a Good Job, My friends are well settled. and then a New Car is my current Dream. and I have to visit some particular places in Different Countries ( Piramid In Egipt, Ephal towe. Nile river etcc...) I dont know How his (God) schedule about me. ?????
kcarun

Money leads to happy

Postby Lac » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:23 pm

All of your ideas are quite like mine. Money alone could bring about happiness,could solve almost necessities in our life, more exactly, it seems overwhelmingly dominate our life. We propably have no words to explain completely the wrong and right ways of using money. It's only like this:
- Money creates a new house but give you no warmness of the house
- Money does not give you love unless you know how to love not based merely on money itself.
- Money does not make happiness but materials for happiness.
You defintely have your more idears to complement this.
Lac
Silver Member

Re: Love of money is start of all evils

Postby levin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:04 pm

Lee wrote:hi guys
I just got this proverb and i love this and i am sure its totally true...

................What do you think?...........

i am not agree with it, money is innocent, the most improtant is the man, i think if you are a kindness man, and if you have much money , it can help many people you use it. of coure , if you are a evil, and you have much money, maybe that's very dangerous. this is just my opinion!
levin

Re: Love of money is start of all evils

Postby sweethuman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:37 am

I agree with this point of view that money or extravagance leads a person to wrong path and he starts doing which are totally destructive for his career and life, such as regular parties, being with friends late nights, buying expensive materials and spending money on unnecessary things
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions