Positive effects of moderate alcohol consumption

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Positive effects of moderate alcohol consumption

Post by wllsp »

It's not sort of current news but I've just found a few links of some interest on the Internet.

So, once my teacher of English who was a doctor from the state of Oklahoma specialiasing in cardiovascular surgery told me that if one drinks 50 grams of strong beverage daily they are likely to have blood vessels in good state even when they are old. I did a search on the Internet and found a couple of links giving some infomation related to positive effects of moderate consumption of alcohol.

The first one is sort of FAQ: http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/AlcoholAndHealth.html

The second one (http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/94/11/3023) is more surprising. It claims that if there were no consumption of alcohol in the USA it would save 100000 lives yearly of those who are younger than 45 and result in additional 80000 deaths among those who are older than 45.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Nothing wrong with self-medicating I reckon. So what if you have a few glasses of red with dinner. The italians have been doing it for centuries including letting their children indulge a little. They live a long time. There are mixed theories about it. But how cares? I like a drink from time to time. If it makes me feel calm and in control fine. Over indulging is another issue.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Shazzam wrote:Nothing wrong with self-medicating I reckon. So what if you have a few glasses of red with dinner. The italians have been doing it for centuries including letting their children indulge a little. They live a long time. There are mixed theories about it. But how cares? I like a drink from time to time. If it makes me feel calm and in control fine. Over indulging is another issue.
It's the same here. I really enjoy a couple glasses of red wine in the evening. It makes me fell relax and refresh after a hard working day. To me, it dose not make any sense to live longer but without enjoyment. I would rather live shorter but free to enjoy my life.
Efantastic

Post by Efantastic »

its negative more than its positive>>>so my advance>>>dont drink it more>>>
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Efantastic wrote:its negative more than its positive>>>so my advance>>>dont drink it more>>>
I think it is alright if you know how to control it.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Efantastic wrote:its negative more than its positive>>>so my advice>>>dont drink
any
>>>
The only people who get negative affects from alcohol are the fools.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Rasheed wrote:Efantastic
I agree with you..
I favor fresh orange juice, it's more useful and has no negative affects.
Some people drink too much then he will lost his mind….
Dear vince90.. a few gm of drugs shall make you feel alright.. same thing with cigarettes..
The problem is control it…
I am not sure what you try say here. Have you tried drug before? I have never tried it and I don’t know it’s alright or not if I try a few gm of drug. I’ve been drinking wine for many years but I have never lost my mind. Personaly I think I am ok to enjoy it. Don’t you think?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

danyet wrote:
Efantastic wrote:its negative more than its positive>>>so my advice>>>dont drink
any
>>>
The only people who get negative affects from alcohol are the fools.
Excellent!
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, i had already heard some news about this subject as well, and with me happens more less the same as vince and shazzam had said, i really enjoy to drink something from time to time, whether with my friends to celebrate something or just to relax a bit after a tuff day working, i think that it even helps me to rest better :wink: , but as everything in life if you take it to much its bad, the perfect life is somewhere between the healthy and the enjoyable behaviors
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I used to drink beer with my friends after lectures at university, but one day I realized that it's can't continue in this way, so I stopped go to bar with them...actually they're bad guys, also they tried to offer me to smoke marihuana, but I didn't, I'm above these passions...
Lac

drink alcohol

Post by Lac »

I don't think drinking alcohol anything wrong. It's almost always acceptable if we control it in a moderate way. There are many stories talking about extended longevity of people who used red wine per day. I think that's only one of the factors to help people live longer. There still exists other numerous ones giving great impact to human life such as: living condition, good atmosphere, sober drinking and eating, good mind etc..However, a prolonging life-span without joys would bring no poetic flavor for life as well.
On my part, I don't like alcohol much, but a little beers in jolly meetings with friends.
hao317

Post by hao317 »

I think almost every guys like dirnking, but most of them cannot control it freely. When i was student at university, someday several classmates and I celebrated together for passed exam. We went to a small bar and just wanted to drink a little in the beginning. But alcohol made us excited, and none of us wanted to control this condition. We indulged ourself and drunk many wine. It result me to go to a clinic and absent three day's classes!
Now I have went into society and I found so many drunkards aroud me. What a pity of them.
Moderate drinking is suggestted by doctor, especial of which often feels cold on their part of body. Red is the best choice. I advise young guys not to dink, especially not to drink wine.
Rogeryan

Post by Rogeryan »

hao317 wrote:I think almost every guys like dirnking, but most of them cannot control it freely. When i was student at university, someday several classmates and I celebrated together for passed exam. We went to a small bar and just wanted to drink a little in the beginning. But alcohol made us excited, and none of us wanted to control this condition. We indulged ourself and drunk many wine. It result me to go to a clinic and absent three day's classes!
Now I have went into society and I found so many drunkards aroud me. What a pity of them.
Moderate drinking is suggestted by doctor, especial of which often feels cold on their part of body. Red is the best choice. I advise young guys not to dink, especially not to drink wine.
Hello hao317.
It's the same here.What you said reminds me of the familar thing, then I was a college student as well,I had consumed about 500g white wine called Er-Guo-Tou.Now I have been graduated from higher school for several years,only classmats from other city who visit me and colleagues together in the festival,I may drink a bit wine.It's no denying that moderate wine is useful for our health.