EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What will future people be like ?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

What will future people be like ?

Postby Vega » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:50 pm

Some people think that the world will change a lot. The cities will become bigger. They will be more beautiful. There will be more parks and trees in them. Some people say that there won't be many people in the cities and the cities will become smaller but there will be more farms. More people will live in the country, and they will grow food for all the world. People will be taller and more clever. Some people think that men will be two metres tall, and women will be as tall as men. They say men and women will wear the same clothes but in different colours. Pupils will not go to school. They will have computers at home and the computers will help them to learn everything. At weekends people will go to the moon and other planets. They will have a good time there. They won't read many books. They will mostly watch television and get news from computer networks. And they will learn many things from nature. All people will enjoy their life.
What do you think? Share your opinion with me :)
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby vince90 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:46 pm

I have no idea. However I like the way human had lived in the beginning. Life as Adam and Eve should be perfect for me.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby Vega » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:49 pm

vince90 wrote:I have no idea. However I like the way human had lived in the beginning. Life as Adam and Eve should be perfect for me.

And, what exactly do you like?
In my opinion, people lived in epoch of Adam and Eve were especial, they had innocent intellection (thinking), not modified like nowadays which is indirectly depends by a community where you live. But, like everything have the end that epoch couldn't stay forever because of aspiration to development from humankind side...
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby feanor » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 pm

i m pessimist about future. i think it will bring nothing but a highly polluted air and land, over-crowded hell-like cities etc. may be we will live longer and there will be many theatments for today's deadly illnesses but when we take a look at back and realize what we have done to the earth, we will see that the cost is too much.

and the wisest comment from einstein;

I don't know what kind of weapons will be used in the third world war, assuming there will be a third world war. But I can tell you what the fourth world war will be fought with -- stone clubs. :)
feanor
Gold Member

Postby vince90 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:39 pm

Xkalibur wrote:
vince90 wrote:I have no idea. However I like the way human had lived in the beginning. Life as Adam and Eve should be perfect for me.

And, what exactly do you like?

There is not much things to think or to be worry. Be nude all the time.

In my opinion, people lived in epoch of Adam and Eve were especial, they had innocent intellection (thinking), not modified like nowadays which is indirectly depends by a community where you live. But, like everything have the end that epoch couldn't stay forever because of aspiration to development from humankind side...quote]

I believe the cycle theory. It just likes a fashion, at some point, people will starts to live as the beginning again.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby Vega » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:24 am

vince90 wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:
vince90 wrote:I believe the cycle theory. It just likes a fashion, at some point, people will starts to live as the beginning again.

That theory based mainly on history of early civilizations, denies social progress. But, I think all of what humankind did at that time and are doing nowadays was the contribution in general development of our life, therefore, I think our existence is not just the life on a circle, it is the direction to the peak of our progress through the wars, economical and ecological crisis's. We, our activity is the basis of future.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Efantastic » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:09 pm

future....hummmmmmmmmmm

nothing.... :roll: :roll:

we humans...
so we dont know anything abut the future....just God know about the future...also we know alittle from PROPHETs because God want us to know alittle ...
Efantastic
Silver Member

Postby vince90 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:40 pm

Xkalibur wrote:
vince90 wrote:
Xkalibur wrote:
vince90 wrote:I believe the cycle theory. It just likes a fashion, at some point, people will starts to live as the beginning again.

That theory based mainly on history of early civilizations, denies social progress. But, I think all of what humankind did at that time and are doing nowadays was the contribution in general development of our life, therefore, I think our existence is not just the life on a circle, it is the direction to the peak of our progress through the wars, economical and ecological crisis's. We, our activity is the basis of future.

You may be right. Too much ambition could cause a big problem that forces the way human living back to past.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby Ksju » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:33 am

Yeah, everything may change around a man: cities, technology, way of life, etc. But not a man. Man's nature still will be the same, as now, as were thousands years ago. All the same passions, vices,
Ksju
Silver Member

Postby MUUGII » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:30 am

I think over population will be get worse our life. Did you see 'Children of Men'?
MUUGII

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions