EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How many books do you read in a year?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Dexter » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:04 am

Nu wrote:
Dexter wrote:i usually take too long to finish a book when i don't like it.. let's see when i'll finish this book :P

why do u read books which are unintresting for u in this case?

to know what happens in the end! :P
i've read many books which i didn't like & thought were boring only to know what will happen and how it ends; so i think i'm doing the same about this book...
honestly, i doubt if i'll finish it... maybe i'll just put it away & try reading it again later after a couple of months or years... i've just got to page 55!!! it's a record for me... i usually read and finish a book of 500 pages in a day :P
Dexter
Platinum Member

Postby nightwish » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:05 am

I've read about 9 books!
nightwish
Silver Member

Re: How many books do you read in a year?

Postby Dixie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:25 pm

OK so from January until today I have read 25 books. Not bad :mrgreen:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Tora » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:12 pm

Dixie wrote:OK so from January until today I have read 25 books. Not bad :mrgreen:

How did you manage to count? I can't even remember the book I was reading erm.. 2 books ago :shock: :lol:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:59 am

Tora wrote:How did you manage to count? I can't even remember the book I was reading erm.. 2 books ago :shock: :lol:

Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:
Dixie

Postby Cypress » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:31 pm

Dixie wrote:Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:

I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).
Cypress
Gold Member

Postby Tora » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:37 am

Cypress wrote:
Dixie wrote:Well I was so curious to know how many books I read in a year that in January I took my notebook and decided I would write down the titles and authors of all the books I read from then on. Every time I finished a book, I wrote down its title and author(s). So from January to December 2007 I have read 25 books (2 of them I had already read, and 23 were new). Now I'm reading a new one, but that will count for next year :mrgreen:

I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).

Ladies, I'm fond of you both! I used to put down author and title, but gave up occasionaly...

Cypress, you amaze me, like always. You could post your scetches here, I remember several times in "What's the latest book you have read recently" you did a small description of the book :wink:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Cypress » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:33 am

Tora wrote:
Ladies, I'm fond of you both! I used to put down author and title, but gave up occasionaly...

Cypress, you amaze me, like always. You could post your scetches here, I remember several times in "What's the latest book you have read recently" you did a small description of the book :wink:

And you amaze me, Tora. You are a very observant person and have good memory. Indeed, those several short descriptions were excerpts from what I write in my journal :wink:
Cypress
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:59 am

Cypress wrote:I used to do the same (writing down the name of the book and the title), but now I go even farther… In addition to that, I write whether I liked or disliked the book, what impressed me the most about it and so on. Occasionally, I even make little sketches for the book (seldom though as I am not very good at sketching).

Well that's an excellent idea! I will do that from now on. Thanks, Cypress! :D
Dixie

Postby denvinbo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:46 am

I read 10 book in a year...........a big one.... :D :D :D :D
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors