Make a trip to Kyoto

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Make a trip to Kyoto

Post by tenron »

HEllo!! I live in north of Japan .Are you interest in Japan? Do you know Kyoto city?Althogh I am a Japanese, I have not been to KYoto before.But at last I plan to make a trip to KYoto in a week!
Why dont you talk with me about Japan and your coutries? I'm looking forward to hearing from you.Should you have been to Kyoto, I do want to know how you feel when you saw some old temples in Kyoto.
or if you have not been to Kyoto like me ,what do you know about Kyoto?I will report about Kyoto after I go to there in behalf of you!
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Make a trip to Kyoto

Post by Cypress »

tenron wrote:what do you know about Kyoto?I will report about Kyoto after I go to there in behalf of you!
Not much, not much... Kyoto protocol, nothing else...
So I'm looking forward to hearing from you all about it
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Cypress wrote:Not much, not much... Kyoto protocol, nothing else...
So I'm looking forward to hearing from you all about it
i don't know much about Kyoto either... or maybe i know nothing except that it's the capital of Japan!
tenron, i hope you can tell us more about it :)
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Dexter wrote: i don't know much about Kyoto either... or maybe i know nothing except that it's the capital of Japan!
Capital of Japan??? :shock: Since when??? :D

Maybe they truly should change the capital from Tokyo to Kyoto; that way we will know more about this city :lol:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, the only thing i know about kyoto is what the other members had already said, the protocol, although there's one place that i would definitely woul like to visit one day in japan, which is the airport of "Nairita" i guess, the airport is an island floating on the water, however its to expensive for a medium class person in portugal to ever aim to go there, im gonna keep dreaming about it while i try to win the lottery
tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tenron »

Im glad you are interest in Japan.My English is not very good,but I will do my best for you.
Kyoto is ancient capital of japan and it is by far the most popular tourist destination in Japan.capital of Japan is TOkyo today.Kyoto is so visitorfriedly that you maybe will need no guide.I have heard that there are signs in English Korean and Chinese around KYoto.
There are many nice place to visit in kyoto ,especially it is said that many temples in Kyoto is so nice that it will be beyond your description.Anyway,Since I also have not been to Kyoto before ,I can't explain Kyoto clearly.But after I go back from Kyoto in two weeks ago,I will explain how I feel and what I see.
I'm also surprised that Kyoto is famous for The Kyoto
Protocol.Because Kyoto is place to visit only for the purporse of sightseeing for Japanse , it is apt to forget the existence of the protocol.
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

tenron wrote:Im glad you are interest in Japan.My English is not very good,but I will do my best for you.
Kyoto is ancient capital of japan and it is by far the most popular tourist destination in Japan.capital of Japan is TOkyo today
So it actually was the capital of Japan. That's very interesting. Do you know why they changed it to Tokyo?
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Well u made me curious about Kyoto. So I looked from wikipedia. And found this "Fushimi Inari Taisha"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fushimi_Inari-taisha

I have allways liked torii gates, when I see them on tv. or picture... I wonder how it is to gross them. :oops:
tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tenron »

The first Tokugawa shogun ,Ieyasu, took control of the country after the battle of Sekigahara in 1600 and subsequently moved the capital to Edo(Tokyo)in 1603.The shogunate government wanted to weaken the power of the Emperor who lived in Kyoto .So the government decided to change capital to Tokyo,and since then Tokyo has been the capital of Japan.

Torii is found a lot in Japan ,but I have no idea what it means.It is said tha torii was constracted to tell shrine from temple.BUt I can't explain more.
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

Cypress wrote:
Dexter wrote: i don't know much about Kyoto either... or maybe i know nothing except that it's the capital of Japan!
Capital of Japan??? :shock: Since when??? :D

Maybe they truly should change the capital from Tokyo to Kyoto; that way we will know more about this city :lol:
oops :oops: what a mistake i made :oops:

i just confused Kyoto with Tokyo and i realized that only after logging out and turning of the computer!

sorry for that mistake :wink:
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

tenron wrote:Kyoto is ancient capital of japan and it
so i wans't too wrong then! :wink: :P
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Dexter wrote:
tenron wrote:Kyoto is ancient capital of japan and it
so i wans't too wrong then! :wink: :P
Yeah, exactly! And it just occurred to me that Tokyo and Kyoto are made of the same syllables: KyoTo ToKyo
tenron
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tenron »

you're right,Cypress.But the meaning of the two is diffirent. Kyoto means the capital where emperor live and TOkyo means the west of capital in Japanse.
In fact, Kyoto is at the west of Tokyo today.