EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

ASIAN OR WESTERN

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby niceghost » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Hardi.im talking about the western. r u? OK even u r western , it doesnt mean im wrong, just like u i mention the polite ones not the impolite.
compare to vietnamese men , western men are more gentle and romantic. i think u wont agree because u r not vietnamese.
im not critising my country's men but its the custom( western costums make them more polite); asian style is more nonverbal. they often dont express their thought or love by action.
for ex its normal or a duty to give your lady flowers in western but not many men can do this in vietnam even to his wife, except some who are influented by western style.
another example: not many men beat his wife in western countries ( they will be sent to prison) but here in vn, especially in the countryside its comepletely opposite. of course they wont hit lady by rose , they hit by mental.
niceghost
Silver Member

Postby Hardi » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Somewhere else is allways better. birds sing nicer, grass is more green... whatever :mrgreen:

I'm Estonian man. It's in northern Europe. So I'm probably westerner. Estonian are sometime said to be cold and very closed people. But that just stereotype and I would not make there generalisations. But that shows, that westerners stereotype can be also opposite for what you told. Also Estonian women often complain that Estonian men are not good... I think they just haven't meet me yet :lol:
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:26 am

linhto wrote:You only have the Vietnamese government to blame, no one else. They're the decayed roots of this problem.
I can't understand why

Because they are the cause of why most Vietnamese girls think money is the only essential in life, nothing else matter.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:32 am

niceghost wrote: why do we blame vietnamese goverment, not ourself?

Because it's easier to blame others than to blame ourselves. :twisted: Nah, just joking with you! I blame them because some Vietnamese girls accept arranged marriages because of money. The economy is that weak, and the government is that corrupted that it can't even take care of the citizens. Vietnamese people have to be on their own for everything. Have you ever heard of welfare? Have you ever heard of medical care? Have you ever heard of grants? Et cetera. Vietnamese don't have none of those things. It's the survivor of the fittest. And the fittest tries to get the foreign husband through an arranged marriage, so the fittest can live a better life and go shopping more often. Now can we blame the government?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby linhto » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:25 am

LennyeTran wrote:
linhto wrote:You only have the Vietnamese government to blame, no one else. They're the decayed roots of this problem.
I can't understand why

Because they are the cause of why most Vietnamese girls think money is the only essential in life, nothing else matter.

I don't think so .You said most Vietnmese girls think money is the only essential in life. Are you sure about that? Do you like money.If you marry a very poor man,will you be happy?
linhto
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:11 am

I would be liar if I said I didn't like money. I love money, in fact. I can do so many things in life with money, not just for my own comfortableness but also to help others in Third World countries to start their businesses. Money talks, ~ walks! However, I'm not a slave of money. I'm not in a situation of making enough just for today and starting to worry what tomorrow would be. A lot of women in Vietnam are in this place. This is why they choose to marry foreigners through arranged marriages. Do you know what arranged marriages mean? I think you've heard the cases of poor Vietnamese girls get married to Taiwanese guys, for example, and get abused there. A low percentage of the girls get treated well, though. One person I know is the case.

Her family was poor. She was a timid person who never dated any guy in her whole life. She was still a virgin at age 30-ish. You may find that normal, but not to me. Then she got married to a Taiwanese guy after meeting him for two weeks. She learned the language in that two weeks and after coming to Taiwan. Fortunately, she got married to a polite and well-mannered guy. He treated her well and so was his family. Her family got enough money she sent from Taiwan to live a better life.

Her marriage was basically business! How many of this kinda marriage do Vietnamese girls have to do because of the condition the government can provide to the citizens? Who can we blame, the girls who learn to love money because of what they've gone through or the government that can't do ~ to help the citizens?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:09 am

It's law of nature that female choose strongest, most capable and sustainable partner.. so too also humans.. But human mind is too corrupted by their own stupidity. And they often choose wrong.. Cos how someone could like a guy from USA? They are all much uglier and fatter than I... And half of time they are somewhere away to save the world and defend the universe. :twisted:
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Hardi wrote:It's law of nature that female choose strongest, most capable and sustainable partner.. so too also humans.. But human mind is too corrupted by their own stupidity. And they often choose wrong.. Cos how someone could like a guy from USA? They are all much uglier and fatter than I... And half of time they are somewhere away to save the world and defend the universe. :twisted:

Speaking for myself, I do think European guys are hotter than American guys. Look at Europeans' soccer teams and compare them to American's. Yuck! What an ugly team! (just joking, guys! Keep on losing!) :twisted:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:54 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Speaking for myself, I do think European guys are hotter than American guys. Look at Europeans' soccer teams and compare them to American's. Yuck! What an ugly team! (just joking, guys! Keep on losing!) :twisted:
Well I think, there is a high mathematical probabilistic that u are today cute... since last time I saw u, then u was not... Therefor I would not tell anything to you, until my math tells me, that u are a horrible ugly bitch again. Because otherwise it may happen that I say something nice to you and that's not tolerable for me.

...Yet it's very difficult to shut up. I don't understand why u talk about those soccer teams? Don't u know, that I don't play footpall and I hate sport? I even don't like if the sun lights also to others. I want it shining only to me.. I have a big problem with that. Why the hell it shines to American's at night?.. Look how much fatter most Americans are, they waste it all, with those big bodies.. It's so unfair.. And now what to you think, how I could react, if reading that u like to watch some soccer team instead of me? I'm so mad to you. :x
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:03 pm

Hardi wrote: Well I think, there is a high mathematical probabilistic that u are today cute... since last time I saw u, then u was not... Therefor I would not tell anything to you, until my math tells me, that u are a horrible ugly bitch again. Because otherwise it may happen that I say something nice to you and that's not tolerable for me.

What on earth are you talking about? I'm always nice to you, EVERY DAY! :roll:

Hardi wrote:. And now what to you think, how I could react, if reading that u like to watch some soccer team instead of me? I'm so mad to you. :x

:lol: :lol: For how long?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions