How long can you read without stopping?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

the same book - as you said - 3-4 hour-time is the longest one I catch the author's idea properly, the fact is I can change books 8)
Dexter
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dexter »

i can usually spend around 4-5 hours for reading a book if i don't have anything else to do and i'm completely free and, of course, if the book is interesting... i can read longer than that to finish the book but it rarely happens 'cuz there hardly comes a time when i don't have anything else to do. :P
sometimes i find the book i read so nice that i have it with me even while having food to continue reading as soon as i'm done with my food :wink:
Qoo

Post by Qoo »

Not over 2 - 3 hour .
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

half or an hour for any interesting story. 8)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: How long can you read without stopping?

Post by MissLT »

mrLenin wrote:As for me I can spend 3-4 hour if it is very interesting for me. No longer

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote: I read Harry Potter book 2 to 5 in one day. :oops:
Did you???? :shock:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Yeah. I reread book 1 one night, and it gave me a feeling to reread all of them. Thus, the next day when I first got up I brought the books to bed to read right away. I stayed in bed the whole day.

Next week, my cousin came over and told me what I was doing; I was freaking my sister out. She told me my sister said I was a geek staying in bed to READ for. a. whole. day. :twisted:
MRDRS
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MRDRS »

Hi everybody! If the book it's very interesting I can read until 2 hours, but this, if a don't have nothing to do that nowadays is difficult to happen!!
nien

Post by nien »

Wah, I did the same for Harry Potter too. I didn't have the heart to put it down till I finished.

For me, if the book is interesting ( Maybe definition of "interesting" here could be different to each of us) I can read it for hours, day and night.
Anyway, this habit only applied on fictions :p
ghadeer

Post by ghadeer »

well, for me i think i can read many hours if i like the book but if it is booring i will not complete it at all
heart

Post by heart »

It's pshchology book :twisted: or Story :wink: ?

usually depends ,,
medattes

Post by medattes »

LennyeTran wrote:Yeah. I reread book 1 one night, and it gave me a feeling to reread all of them. Thus, the next day when I first got up I brought the books to bed to read right away. I stayed in bed the whole day.

Next week, my cousin came over and told me what I was doing; I was freaking my sister out. She told me my sister said I was a geek staying in bed to READ for. a. whole. day. :twisted:

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe you my friend. I spent 1 week and reading every whole afternon 5 hours on my Pc and just done the fifth novel, how could you read all those books in one day, you can't be a mchine can you ?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I never liked to read childish books such as Harry Porter and etc.. and I never did it. I'd rather spend that time by reading any book of Immanuel Kant.
How long can you read without stopping?

I usually read two hours.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

medattes wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Yeah. I reread book 1 one night, and it gave me a feeling to reread all of them. Thus, the next day when I first got up I brought the books to bed to read right away. I stayed in bed the whole day.

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe you my friend. I spent 1 week and reading every whole afternon 5 hours on my Pc and just done the fifth novel, how could you read all those books in one day, you can't be a mchine can you ?
Never said you have to. I read book sixth in four hours when I first bought it. I had to ponder over the facts and remember the old connections. This time I just read the books through. It only took me two to three hours for each book 2 and 3, about four hours for book 4, about five hours for book 5 and about three hours for book 6. You can calculate the math to see if I could finish them in one day or not.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Hmmm it`s deepens what kind of books r u reading.Once I read all the day 3 books.But always when I start to read a book I finish it,I never stop.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..