EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

A society of no police?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby niceghost » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:30 pm

The main role of police is to protect us but in real life is not the same. in my country many police men take bribe and it really make me loose faith in the goverment. Having police is important but having a real good police is more important. how do u feel when u know that is wrong but u have to follow unless u want to get trouble(eg u have to give bribe to get something which u r obviously deserved)
niceghost
Silver Member

Postby Lac » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Police is the execution of the law. The law would be ineffective if no executioners existing. That requires the right mind and proper behavior of any police as well as security agents. No society is perfect and its people equally have a great variety of weaknesses.
Sometimes the presence of some police makes us somewhat disappointed, which enables us to be restricted by something invisible, namely we feel our own liberty being a little limited.
I personally don't like police especially when most of them take advantage of their power to do wrong things. It does not mean that good cops with entirely "clean hands" would protect yourself or anyone. For the safety and benefit of the majority, police possibly offend an individual or a small group..
I hate police, yet i need their presence in society.
Lac
Silver Member

Postby ahmedgamal » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:01 pm

living without police is exactly like living in the forest.of course using nothing except stones
ahmedgamal
Silver Member

Re: A society of no police?

Postby milococosiro » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:28 pm

living in a society that had no police, people have to have a sense of civic responsibility.
milococosiro
Silver Member

Re: A society of no police?

Postby Rui » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:35 pm

milococosiro wrote:living in a society that had no police, people have to have a sense of civic responsibility.

i couldnt agree more with you :wink: however we know that such society is completely impossible, and the problems that everybody has mentioned about the police on each country are a bit of what we could tell abou the same societies, they are the image of the society where we live in, therefore, bad police means bad society.
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:37 am

Doesn't that mean we are incapable of keeping ourselves out of troubles? And there's no sense of trust and honesty among us..... :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Vega » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:02 pm

LennyTran wrote:I hate police, but I don't think I would prefer a society without them. No security, no life!

Why do you hate them?:roll:
I saw a TV program about the American Police, and they seemed to me very polite. You should be lucky and proud about your police. :)
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby kingapoland » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:04 pm

But do you think that there will be documentary about terrible police. It is obvious that films will be always positive!
kingapoland
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:25 pm

Xkalibur wrote:
LennyTran wrote:I hate police, but I don't think I would prefer a society without them. No security, no life!

Why do you hate them?:roll:
I saw a TV program about the American Police, and they seemed to me very polite. You should be lucky and proud about your police. :)

http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... hp?t=40899

Americans have a stereotype that when one called a police for help, that person would be helped faster if he/she was White. Or something that is not related to this topic like, how life can be worse for you when you're a cute White girl in America?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby tenron » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:50 pm

If every people in the world were abundant spritually and physicaly ,the society that has no police may be able to keep flourishing. I think the most of crimes are due to distress.
tenron
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions