EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are left-handed people disadvantaged?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby JMD » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:28 pm

well, lefties have an advantage in sports when they develop their skills. i'm right handed but i would really like to be able to dominate my left hand because it's very useful in any sport.. makes your opponent crazy when doing defense.
JMD
Silver Member

Postby Yen » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:08 am

I'm a left hand person. My teacher forced me to write by right hand too But I can remember how to write by left hand so now I can write both my two hands. Do you think it's cool to know how to write both hands, right??
Like JMD said if we can use both hands, we had many advantage in sports and others. THis is an execiting topic ^^
Yen
Silver Member

Re: Are left-handed people disadvantaged?

Postby Valery » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:45 pm

I want to tell you that in China left-handed people are very clever.
Valery

Postby crusher » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:31 am

Hi,

Actually, after read whole text was typed before me. Even if all of was lived at somewhere, just want to say OH MY GOD.

What a funny teacher who wants to warn and force to students to use right-hand i/o left-hand.Both of them has advantages&disadvantages. But really it comes too diffucult to understand. That's enough to make smile :) to this event. :lol:

Rgrds,
crusher

Postby UFO » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:27 am

Hi,

I am also left-handed. I heard that left handed people are more creative one as they use heavily right hemisphere of their brains. They are good at art, music, etc.. Another fact that as mentioned above, to be able to use both hands is more advantageous because when we use both hand it means that we use both of hemispheres actively. Using both hands improves brain and imagination, mathematic and thinking skills. Although i am left handed person, I started to use my right hand and do exercises for 20 minutes by writing something on a piece of paper. This is a good exercise to improve my intelligence. There are more exercises to do this..
UFO
Silver Member

Postby keeper » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:01 am

i heard that left-hand people is more clever than right-hand people,is that true?
keeper

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:14 am

No.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby UFO » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:42 pm

keeper wrote:i heard that left-hand people is more clever than right-hand people,is that true?

not clever but creative
UFO
Silver Member

Postby ghadeer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:46 pm

I think it is not a matter wether if anyone is right-hand or left-hand and i believe that all people can use the both of them but some people use to do right hand and some left hand.But in some countries people force their children to use right hand especially in islamic countries that there is something related to religion that encourages people to use their right hand especially while eating.i believe that humans have great power can surprise us but need training.
ghadeer
Silver Member

Postby UFO » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:45 pm

hi ghadeer, i am also from an islamic country. I am a left-handed. My parent never forced me to use my right hand while eating. I heard some ideas that muslims can't use left hands while eating. But it is not true. I asked my teacher in primary school and he lightened me up. Now i am practising to use my left hand while writing. Because I heard that trying to use another hand enhance the power of brain. ;)
UFO
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion