EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Global differences in skin colour

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby misspoem » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:09 am

this discussion reminds me of something happened to me.. :?
i am closer to brown, while my younger 2 sisters have much really much lighter skin.. we were out & i was supposed to take care of them as they play.. a woman was observing us as f we were out of this planet..
in the end she came & asked what are we to each other..
and you know, i didn't like her reaction.. she went on making those sounds of surprise, and called those with her to check it...
even my sisters, though very young back then, didn't like it..
if this is what it feels like to be discreminated, i absolutely didn't like it and i don't want any one to experience it.. :cry:
still, i guess it's nothing compared to what i read in history books.. all this slavery and things.. horrible, don't you think ?? :(
misspoem
Silver Member

skin colour

Postby Lac » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:11 am

The skin color is possibly an inevitable issue in our society despite of the fact that we are likely to be uninterested in it. The outward difference (skin color),however, sometimes gives us thinkings in terms of advantages and disadvantages against the opposite.
That's the reason why there once existed conflicts between the white and the black in the history of western countries.Since the Charter of Human rights came out, the skin color was no longer called a sensitive problem,and I found no tough arguments about this ever since.
Still, the discrimination of skin color seems still there throughout the world which would be a huge challenge for those who interested in real human rights.
Lac
Silver Member

Re: Global differences in skin colour

Postby thomasly » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:39 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:What can we do to address the problems created by global differences in skin colour?

What do YOU think?

In my opinion,we can become friends ,even though there are some different between us-skin,language,culture,belief and so on.Let's share the bright sunny ,the warm wind,the bule sky,the fresh air with us--earthmen.
thomasly

Postby Lac » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:37 am

No difference in skin color matters to me. It's like those who wear different clothes living in the same place but possibly doing diverse tasks. Such difference, however, might show up as people involved have some inferiority complex in their skin color.
Lac
Silver Member

Postby Khokha » Sat May 05, 2007 6:51 pm

With no differences no one is gonna thank God because we will be all the same, am I right? Well, Try not to focus on the differences between people because we are all equal human. :P

We are all human,
Humans' bloods are the same,
We share the same bloods,
So we are all the same.
Khokha
Silver Member

Postby Annaa » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 pm

I really can`t understand white people ,how can they discriminate black persons.What we have more than them ??! nothing.They r good in everything ,they are good in basketball,football,movies,songs etc.Why white people can`t stand or hate black ones ????? ,I`ve been thinking a lot for this question and I was trying to answer but I coudn`t find the right answer.What gives us the right to discriminate them ?????They could discriminate us too but they didn`t do that.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

Postby studentss » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:04 pm

it's just a biological adaptation of evolution and that's it.
studentss

Postby broknbuddha » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:27 pm

skin bleach maybe? It almost kindof worked for Michael Jackson...
broknbuddha

Postby anuu » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:38 pm

in my opinion european people have some problems with their self-confidence. they always want be the best and are yealous if someone do something better then they. black peolpe are really very tallented in many aspects of life. as someone else wrote earlier most of them can sing, dance and they are doing it much better than white people. so maybe the discrimination is the result of yealousy..?
anuu

Postby effebi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Genetics should have taught us that our bodies stem from the same genes, so there aren't different human races. Only one human race does exist. So skin colour is only a characteric of our physical aspect, such as height, hair colour, weight etc.
History should have shown that racism, nationalism and hate based on exterior differences have been causing for centuries so big disasters.
When will we learn to judge people on their actual, inner properties instead of their faces?
effebi

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion