What do you think about Thailand?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Tone

What do you think about Thailand?

Post by Tone »

I think it's a very nice country both the place and people....
Learn English Online
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

Yes,I think so It is not coz I am a thai but thailand is one of countries that be peaceful and friendly people.
qwertyu

Post by qwertyu »

To be honest, I've never been there. I dont like Thailand much because my country football always beaten by their team. It's terrible!

Is your link from ThaiLand?
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

Why do you think that? only football? qwertyu
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

well, im sure you couldnt find a better reason to explain why you dont like thailand :lol: well, its definitely one of the places where i would like to go one day, however its not on the top of my list :wink:
Tone

Post by Tone »

Good to hear some comments. I think sport is a good thing to bring everyone together and create harmony among countries. We also lost to some better team all the time. Of course, we are not happy but it has nothing to do with the country itself. We got a lesson and try to speed up ourselves.

FYI, my link has nothing to do with The country. It's just another good place that I visit a lot.
jackyip

Post by jackyip »

i have been to thailand for 3 times
It's a sunny place
I like swimming in there,because there're lot of beauitful beach
For me ,thai food is very delicous and i had eaten a lot of spicy food before i leave there.
i want to visit there in this year but i've got no money.... :D
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

I agree with you , jackyip that THAI food is delicous but I think someone may not like coz it taste spicy but For me , of course I like it a lot!
Tone

Post by Tone »

Thai food is well known for its spicy taste but actually we do have a lot of "no spicy" one. Many tourists take spicy food as a challanging mission. It's a kind of funny.

Anyway, glad to know that people like Thailand. So do I!!!
Check out how everyone knows and thinks about you
candykhkh

Post by candykhkh »

I travelled to Thailand on April 2005. It was time when Thailand celebrated Tet. So lucky to me.
Thailand has excellent tourist techonologies. However, I dislike the sexy shows in Pattaya and Bankok. I wonder a working day to girls and boys in sexy shows is interesting.
nancybenniti

Post by nancybenniti »

I'm going to Thailand at New Year.But my parents don't allow because i only go to Thailand. and i'm a girl. Huhu. So my plans in Thailand breaks. :((. Maybe i will go to Thailand next 3 years.Thailand, wait for me
I love you, my bf
onni

Post by onni »

^^
^^
^^
I wish you could be there in someday, Thailand is a beautiful place, if you have a chance to visit my country i recommend you to go to PP island, cause it my favorite place in my mind. :P :P
Floydian

Post by Floydian »

I will be visit Thailand and maybe Vietnam in 13-23 April 2007 :). How is the weather in Thailand in these dates?
zuckbox

Post by zuckbox »

babara wrote:Yes,I think so It is not coz I am a thai but thailand is one of countries that be peaceful and friendly people.
zuckbox

t

Post by zuckbox »

tddd
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

I have just returned from Thailand where I was on my vacation and I have to say that I really enjoyed being there.

First the weather was almost excellent, mostly sunny and hot. I spent 10 days on the island of Koh-Chang and I could swim and sunbathe as much as I wanted. Besides beaches on the island are very good so you can really enjoy lying on a white sand beach and getting tanned.

Second, the gulf of Thailand which surronds the isle was really warm and it was a great pleasure just to swim slowly in the water. Moreover the seabed around it is mainly sandy and in my opinions it's better for swimmers.

If you like snorkelling or scuba-diving this island has also something to offer. Snorkelling is best to do near small islands which are near Koh-Chang. Often there are coral reefs around these small islands and it's great to snorkel there looking at the beauttiful coral reefs and different types of fish. I also scuba-dived a couple of times while being there. I really enjoyed it because visibility was excelent, the places where we did scuba-diving were full of fish and the seabed was interesting. Besides scuba-diving is not very expensive there.

Finally the life on the island is very quite. So it's best for families with children. But if one day you decide that you want something else it's not difficult to get from the island to Pattaya which is famous for its night life. So if you want a few crazy nights it's easy to get them. Or you can go to Bangkog and take a look at some historic places there.
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

Oh Wllsp, I am glad to you like here,Thailand. :D
Yes, I think so.. island of Koh-Chang is good and everytime I went to beaches I can see many foreigner lying on the beach also :D

Or you can go to Bangkog and take a look at some historic places there.
...This means you went to Wat Phra Kaew(Temple of the Emerald Buddha)?? :)
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

babara wrote: ...This means you went to Wat Phra Kaew(Temple of the Emerald Buddha)?? :)
Yes, I was there. Besides the Royal palace and the temple of the Emerald Buddha I also went to the highest skyscraper in Bangkok and took a look at the city from the height of 300 meters. I was really impressed.
babara
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by babara »

wllsp wrote:
Yes, I was there. Besides the Royal palace and the temple of the Emerald Buddha I also went to the highest skyscraper in Bangkok and took a look at the city from the height of 300 meters. I was really impressed.
Yes,but I have never tried to do like you but I know It will have to be certainly impressed. :)
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

I think my feeling of Thailand is complex. I have been Bangkok for a week. The most amusing thing I remember is that in the summer night hearing the song "Take me to your heart", I enjoyed a seafood dinner.
But to be honest, I don't like the traditonal Thai food. Also, there is a huge gap between the rich and the common Thai.
noriko*izk

Post by noriko*izk »

thailand
oh it's a good idea
it's a beatiful country
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

Unfortunately, it’s popularity among Russian tourists is going to decline
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Cypress wrote:Unfortunately, it’s popularity among Russian tourists is going to decline
What sort of decline are you talking about? A month ago spent two weeks there, still no signs of declining :).

In my opinion Egypt is more likely to experience sort of decrease in popularity because it takes only four hours for Russian and Ukranian tourists to get there comparing with nine hours to get to Thailand. I mean it's sort of expensive for many here.

In addition, Thailand is famous for its go-go bars. I saw a lot of men even quite old ones enjoying being with girls in Pattata. Quite compelling reason for going to Thailand.
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

wllsp wrote:
Cypress wrote:Unfortunately, it’s popularity among Russian tourists is going to decline
What sort of decline are you talking about? A month ago spent two weeks there, still no signs of declining :).
I was talking about two Russian female tourists killed on a beach in Pattaya just a few days ago. It’s so sad.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Cypress wrote:
wllsp wrote:
I was talking about two Russian female tourists killed on a beach in Pattaya just a few days ago. It’s so sad.
Of course, it's possible. Yet, I have some doubts whether this event will make any impact on popularity of Thailad. Tourism is one of Thailand's priorities. I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.

My own impression is that Thailnd is pretty good place for tourists. Even such a crowded city as Pattaya is quite safe. When I was there I saw only once two men who were going to fight. Besides there are other resorts. So if this is the only incident and there are no other ones of this sort in my opinion there will be no consequences.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

mrLenin wrote:The girls are beautiful in Thailand )
As far as I understand you should not have put the definite article before "girls". Seems you are not talking about particular girls.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Cypress wrote:
wllsp wrote:
rather cheap resources with drinks and hookers and Russian tourists will never give up frittering away their money there. Remember, after the tsunami in Indonesia not so long time ago Russian contingent there was still pretty numerous... I mean nothing can stop them, even human deaths

as for me I don't feel anything special to these young ladies, death is a thing that's always happening :roll:

I mixed up two expressions :oops:
Last edited by Tora on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Tora wrote: rather cheap resources with drinks and hookers and Russian tourists will never give up flattering away their money there. Remember, after the tsunami in Indonesia not so long time ago Russian contingent there was still pretty numerous... I mean nothing can stop them, even human deaths
:roll:
To me it sounds like you emphasize that it is russian tourists who are kind of bad guys. If it is your point it is not correct. I saw lots of people from Western Europe and guys looking like they were from Japan or Korea. They enjoyed being there as well as Russians. So there is nothing spesical about Russians .

Besides, as far as I know Pattaya was not hit by the tsunami. So wasn't Koh-Chang. It was the island of Phuket.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

wllsp wrote:
Tora wrote: rather cheap resources with drinks and hookers and Russian tourists will never give up flattering away their money there. Remember, after the tsunami in Indonesia not so long time ago Russian contingent there was still pretty numerous... I mean nothing can stop them, even human deaths
:roll:
To me it sounds like you emphasize that it is russian tourists who are kind of bad guys. If it is your point it is not correct. I saw lots of people from Western Europe and guys looking like they were from Japan or Korea. They enjoyed being there as well as Russians. So there is nothing spesical about Russians .

Besides, as far as I know Pattaya was not hit by the tsunami. So wasn't Koh-Chang. It was the island of Phuket.
so you say you have seen, does it mean you witnessed? I'm just curious if you were there those unlucky days :roll: I'm not talking about the current situation in Pattaya but I'm talking about the year of tsunami.

there are many bad guys in the world - and so are the groups of russian tourists spending their time in Phuket.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Tora wrote: so you say you have seen, does it mean you witnessed? I'm just curious if you were there those unlucky days :roll:
No, I was not there then. Probably I didn't get you when I was writing my last post in which I described the current situation.
Tora wrote: I'm not talking about the current situation in Pattaya but I'm talking about the year of tsunami.
Understood. To be honest I am sitting and keep thinking about it. If I had had a chance to spend my holidays in Pattaya in the year of tsunami would I have went there? Still can't find why it's wrong. If I had been there for example in Pattaya could it have created obstacles for rescue operations? If not why not go? Is it immoral? What do you think? Take into consideration that Pattaya is long away from Phuket.
Tora wrote: there are many bad guys in the world - and so are the groups of russian tourists spending their time in Phuket.
What do you mean by that? Didn't get your point.
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

wllsp wrote:
So if this is the only incident and there are no other ones of this sort in my opinion there will be no consequences.
Unfortunately, it’s not the only one.
Despite its reputation as a holiday paradise, Thailand has seen a series of gruesome murders of tourists in recent years.

In Kanchanaburi, 100 kilometres west of Bangkok, a 26-year-old female Australian tourist was killed in a drive-by shooting last year. A young British couple were gunned down there in 2004 and a French tourist was shot dead in 2003.

On New Year's Day in 2006, a 21-year-old British female tourist was raped and murdered on the southeastern resort island of Samui.
wllsp wrote:I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.
Why? Do you work in a tourist agency?
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Cypress wrote: Unfortunately, it’s not the only one.
I see you point. It happens regularly.
Cypress wrote:
wllsp wrote:I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.
Why? Do you work in a tourist agency?
No, I don't. Just enjoyed this good place.
phuongngoc

Post by phuongngoc »

I'm from Vietnam.I have not been to Thailand yet, but I wish I will travel there in the near future. As I know, Thai food is delicious but quite sweet.There are more hightower and cars in Thai than in Vietnam.I think Thailand is an interesting destination for tourists.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

A smile country. Great beaches. Land of Buddhism.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Oriani wrote:About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.
I'm watching Cycle 8 right now. You can check the episodes out at youtube. They even have the cycle 8's episodes uploaded already. Or you can go to fansofrealitytv.com to read the recaps, look at the pictures, and read their interviews. I have an account there. See you there! :wink:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:
Oriani wrote:About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.
I'm watching Cycle 8 right now. You can check the episodes out at youtube. They even have the cycle 8's episodes uploaded already. Or you can go to fansofrealitytv.com to read the recaps, look at the pictures, and read their interviews. I have an account there. See you there! :wink:
Oh That's a forum :wink:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Oriani wrote:Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!
Yeah. I follow some reality shows on TV, so it's fun to see the fan's arts, interviews, and recaps. They have a rule that you can trash the contestants, but not the forum members. That's why I love it. 8)
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:
Oriani wrote:Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!
Yeah. I follow some reality shows on TV, so it's fun to see the fan's arts, interviews, and recaps. They have a rule that you can trash the contestants, but not the forum members. That's why I love it. 8)
Oh I see!! Well, I need to spend more time on it to get famiiar to the page because I feel like I don't know where to go, hahah. Really!!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Click on Forums. Then you'll see ANTM on the page under reality shows we're covering. Are you registered?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:Click on Forums. Then you'll see ANTM on the page under reality shows we're covering. Are you registered?
Yes!! My username is Oriani!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Mine is aprilshouldawin. I barely post there, though. Those people talk a lot, so mostly I just read the interviews and recaps.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I haven't even posted my first message!!! Hey, what does your username mean for you? Mine is short and unforgetable...lol :P
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I wanted April in Cycle 2 to win, but she didn't. It's supposed to be aprilshouldawon. I really wanted her to win, so I didn't care about grammar. I made it shouldawin. Every time I type aprilshouldawin, I just remember April and win, or aprilwin. In fact, it was almost my password. I changed it to something else complicated since it was too obvious. :lol:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Oh Ok!! That's very original from you!! Very nice!!!! :P :) :P
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

You're having your break?
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

LennyeTran wrote:You're having your break?
Actually I'm leaving home for Maracay now, the city I study at.