where are you travelling virtually now?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

where are you travelling virtually now?

Post by LadyMacbeth »

write truth, please! :)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

travel number 1

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hey :)

here is my first proposal of virtual travel.

How do you like?

Siberia

I hope you like the landscapes! They are great, aren't they! :)

LM

ps. what do you think about musical background of this video? :roll:
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

A new virtual journey today...

Scottish mountains
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

im travelling to a Caribbean beache with loads of womens around me asking me what do i want them to do, but unfortunately when i look around i can only see my colleagues and the dam computers
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Rui and everyone else:)

Great you are having such a wonderful time. However, I am having another idea to show you.

I have just made a page about National Parks in Utah, US.

I have made it on my own :)

How do you like southern Utah? :)

National Parks in Utah

I hope this link is active! :) You can enlarge the picture by clicking dashed little point in the right upper corner of the screen.

And when you like to go there you can ask me more. I know some people who should be interested in this fact very much :)

This link is one of some more www links about Utah I am planning to open. So soon to be continued... all in English :)

LM

PS. when you travel virtually around other great places in US or somewhere else write bravely :)
don't hesitate :)

Good luck in your on-line travelling and read me soon :)
L.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Been watching clips about Buddhist temples in India.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: hello :)

Post by MissLT »

LadyMacbeth wrote:
I have just made a page about National Parks in Utah, US.
We have 50 states in the USA, you know, and you have to choose Utah out of all states.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I think Utah is OK. Great Canyon is nearby. And so many National Parks so close... really interesting :)

Next links soon :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello again :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hallo again:)

I think this link is not the worst :)

I hope you like it :)

US National Parks and Grand Canyon Colorado

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

little correction - Grand Canyon doesn't have any Colorado in its name. It is a river that flows at the bottom of it. It also flows in Colorado State - thus its name but Grand Canyon doesn't have any Colorado in its name :)

How do you like Great Canyon?
:)

LM
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I will go to Yosemite with my family this summer. We'll take my uncle and aunt from Vietnam on a camping trip to this place. We might go to Kings Canyon Sequoia also. I like the parks from the Pacific side better since they're not too desert-like or mountainous.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hmmmm...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello Lennye :)

Hmmmmmmm.... California coasts, nature and weather are beutiful no doubt. But other states are also worthy visiting (my opinion). As deals US coast Florida isn't the worst too. National Parks there also are beautiful.
Soon I will tell you here about one of them.

Hahaha ... but Utah is the best. No doubt. In Grand Canyon rocks are very big and "crowded". In Utah you have more place for biking etc. You can also drive around hahaha :). Probably not so many people there after all.

"Thelma and Luise" (famous movie from 1991) was shot there instead of Grand Canyon. Cheaper?

Well... but truly speaking the most world famous and prestigeous US National Park is Yellowstone of course. It is also the oldest National Park in the world.

But you know - I am from Europe. Truly speaking it is probably cheaper to go into Island to admire geysers.

Besides I think you don't have in US many things that are in US. I am sure of it :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

correction :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Little correction :)

Besides I think you don't have in US many things that are in Europe.

For example you don't have France, Greece, Croatia...

Soon more :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Well... you also don't have any Rome and Italy in US, you don't have Switzerland, Austria, Begium...
I think people in US mostly don't understand crowded, multinational Europe at all.

In Poland (more or less the same size as Utah) live 40 million people and in Utah 2,2 million so choose where would you like to live and where people feel better and more free? Of course still any word about other things cause apart from the size of the whole area ... nothing else to compare (my opinion).:(

What is probably specially funny to me is the fact that Winter Olympic Games took place in Utah in 2002 and in Poland in Tatra region people have been fighting and fighting for organising Winter Olympic Games FOR YEARS and probably they will never be given any chance to host them. Moreover observing whole everyday Polish reality I am sure rather Arizona, US will get that chance sooner... :(

All in all welcome to Romeeeeeeeeeeee! today :)

travelling Rome

LM.

PS. You have these all the biggest trees in California only because ice-age didn't get them! Then climate in Europe became much colder and many trees weren't able to grow here any longer.
Besides some trees in Australia aren't less taller at all!!!
And that's all unless there aren't any nasty insects comming everywhere and buzzing awkwardly in the air irritating all true admirers of sequojas beauty...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequoia
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: hmmmm...

Post by MissLT »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello Lennye :)

Hmmmmmmm.... California coasts, nature and weather are beutiful no doubt. But other states are also worthy visiting (my opinion). As deals US coast Florida isn't the worst too. National Parks there also are beautiful.
Never thought of Florida. I detest its weather.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: correction :)

Post by MissLT »

LadyMacbeth wrote:Little correction :)

Besides I think you don't have in US many things that are in Europe.

For example you don't have France, Greece, Croatia...

LM
Oh definitely.
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hi:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello - today change of climate ALASKA.
Kenai Fjords National Park in Alaska

Kenai Fjords National Park

It is a warm up before Lake Clark National Park and Denali National Park (with Mac Kinley Mountain).
You can see the location of the parks on the appropriate map clicking my link above with pictures of Grand Canyon National Park.

How do you like US fjords? :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

another day...another journey...:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello dear viewers :)

Another day - another virtual journey :)

Today we will see McKinley Mountain :)))

My www isn't perfect this time and too much place is left between the main text and the link but I think it must be great to see tundra and one of the highest mountains of the world :)

Soooo - enjoy Denali National Park, Alaska :)))

Denali National Park, Alaska

See you soon :)
LM

PS. Next time I will try to add musical background to my virtual journey. Watch me soon :))) I have been also waiting for your virtual journeys...:)))
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello:)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today a new virtual journey of mine (and yours :) )
This time I want to show you something great in Oregon.

Enjoy the sights :)

Crater Lake National Park, Oregon

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Some little corrections of text in the link above :)
Crater Lake - attempt 2
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello Mr Lenin :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

And everyone else:)

Hmmm... what I can see is that my yahoo page (with Crater Lake) I made yesterday isn't active just like the Mount Mazama. Diseaster:(

Well... all in all I think I should correct the langauge of the description I put there. It is too difficult. I took it from wikipedia. Words should be easier there. Otherwise noone will get anything from that and still it is not what I have been fighting for! :wink:

So I will try to improve it soon :)

In the meantime the site again:
Crater Lake in Oregon attempt nr 3

Well... what more from me? Crimea is extremely FAR. You need all these awful visas to go there. Besides - what interesting there? A sea, some ruins... nice views (similar) and weather can be met elswehere too.
I think Crimea cannot be interesting enough for someone like ME. :)

I know better places in Europe to describe :).
I am sure you still know nothing about them!

All in all I found quite nice site with pictures from Ukraine and Crimea. Try it if you like! :)

Ukraine and Crimea - pictures

See me soon in this nice thread :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps today :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello again :)

On the link above you can see some pictures from Ukraine. I have never been in Ukraine but I know some people who visited this country and told to me some things about it (if you like to know about this fact).

But... BUT I realise some of you (specially those who come from Asia can have some problems with identyfing the location of Ukraine and some other European countries that I am going to mention here soon ( a map of US could be seen in one of my links bit earlier).

So - specially for these of you I found a wonderful, really lovely political map of Europe from 2007. Still absolutely hot I can say! :)
It is very important cause some changes have occured here compared to 2006 (as it seems to me).

Soooo - watch my nice finding and enjoy your eyes :)

Europe in 2007

Soon moooooooore about travels around Europe and the world :) :) :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

last ps here today

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Of course you can enlarge the political map of Europe 2007 simply by clicking onto its scheme. To see... more. And better. :)
Yours faithfully,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Well... I have watched the map of Europe again and again... and I came to conclusion I gave you here...
a non-current political map of Europe cause since 1 January 2007 Bulgaria and Romania joined EU so this map is from the second half of 2006 but not from 2007.
SORRY! This isn't any hottest version of my continent :oops: :oops: :oops:

Well... I can only be happy there are some more steady things in this world than some political maps...

Read me soon though... :)

Nice day :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello hello dear Readers :)

Follow this plot cause ONLY HERE SOOON you will read and see blood-freezing stories about alligators from Florida (and not only from this area).

I hope you won't dissapoint me here... :)))

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello dear Readers :)

Today Florida's Everglades and its biodiversity (part 1).
As an introduction I want to write that Florida is a state on the south of US. A very beautiful place , MOSTLY (!!!) hot, where many rich people live. But also very dangerous place to live. You know - sharks in ocean, alligators in lakes...etc.
This story of mine will be about alligators. Personally I don't like reptiles at all but most of US alligators live on Everglades - a place at the very south of Florida where one of world-biggest swamp-systems occur (or the biggest swamps in the world).
A part of this system is protected by Everglades National Park and is also both put on World Heritage List and recognised as International Biospere Reserve . So very precious area as you can read.

Today I want to show you a movie about alligator Tom and encourage you to visit Florida's swamps when you will visit this place one lovely day :)

And here is a movie:
Alligator Tom

Attention! You cannot feed alligators in Florida cause you will go to jail threre (like Paris Hilton).
You cannot come nearer than 5 metres to alligatos cause.... cause... something bad can happen to you :(

List of fatal alligators attacks in US

As you can read alligators are very dangerous animals. Swamps are very dangerous areas and swamps full of alligators are twice as scary!!!
The same with lakes in Florida. There are many wonderful lakes in Florida but before you jump - always ask neighbours if alligators are there or not...

The end of part 1 :)
Ask any questions you want... :)

Part two soon :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today Alligators PART 2 - some horror today...
I have just found on the youtube.com some movies with situations you should avoid in Florida when you don't want to be eaten by alliagtors...

1. sitting on lakeshores, walking in lakeshore woods without any knowledge if alligators can be there cause...
Bad alligators 1
2. canoing in little canoes in waters where alligators can occur...
watching alligator 2

and many others...!!! :(

See you later ...alligator :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Two new videos:
1. the best Florida beaches
The best Florida beaches
2. ATTENTION!!! Attack of a shark!

Shark attack1

Shark attack2

Soon more virtual journeys (more optimistic!!!) :)))

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

ps. I really have to add this post to the plot about virtual journeys. It is a post with rather sad link but next posts/links of mine will be both really completely different and... more optimistic :). I promise!!!
List of shark attacks in US by decade

and what about your virtual journeys? :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

This is really REALLY my last post here today.
First a video that is both funny and cruel -I have called it "JUST DEATH OF ONE WILD ALLIGATOR"

Here is a link:

Attack of gator and its death

Another link is with weeping over dead crocodile :
Weeping Irvin

Well... I have to admit that I was bit SHOCKED (YES-SHOCKED)when I saw the second video here.
Can someone cry over dead crocodile? Really?

That's one point. Of course the man (Irving) is already dead. Killed by a stingray. I found many vidoes on-line where people swim with stingrays and ALMOST never any death accidents happen (a fact). They treat them as dolphins etc.
But one guy wrote that these stingrays are accustomed to people and they are tamed (in fact).
The stingray that killed Irving didn't meet any humans before. All in all the author of the movie was stunned, shocked and wondered if he should come into water with stingrays after Irving's accident.... :roll:

Well... guess where I am now? Somewhere under water - that's obvious :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Really last PS here!!!

You know - I have thought about it many fact (about this theory of tamed stingrays) and that can be truth.
Mind - how much the amount of alligators attacks on humans increased in the 2000s? Why? Because they are fed by humans. This way they lose fear and respect for humans and want to eat them too! :(
Animals that can be tamed (like cats/ dogs/ dolphins/stingrays(?!) mostly like humans cause they cannot exist without human help/they receive food from humans.
Many stingrays that live in the open too. When people snorkel they feed them. Thus they are good for people.

But some don't know they can get some food from humans. Like the one that killed Irving. Maybe that's the right explanation? Or maybe not?

:roll:

?

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

...no subject....

Post by LadyMacbeth »

OKi - and some corrections at last. I made many more and less awful errors in my posts above but one is really ugly (in the last post). So I want to correct it wishing everyone many happy virtual journeys (and not only virtual) :)

You know - I have thought about it many times .

OKI. Read me soon :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

last, last, last video...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

This is really really last video today. But I must put it here.

Watch and LISTEN TO IT (this man came back into water again!!! I cannot believe it!!! )

Shark bit off a leg

Well... some animals feel strong, are wild and eat meat - they always will be hunting for people like sharks, mostly alligators (don't feed them I beg you).
But many have natural fear against humans. Lets hope each wild animal we are meeting belongs to the second category.

Ups... I have to admit that after watching these all videos today tomorrow I will be screaming even at the sight of ...domestic cat.

:(

Read me soon :)

LM
Moloko

Re: last, last, last video...

Post by Moloko »

LadyMacbeth wrote:This is really really last video today. But I must put it here.
LadyMacbeth, where did it happen?
it's terrible..
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello dear Reader :)

well... it happened somewhere in the ocean.... in the very, very deep ocean. The diver was both fortunate (he survived) and misfortunate (he lost part of leg).

The most beautiful film (choosing among the films about alligators and sharks I put here) in my opinion is the movie with a wild fish (a huge shark) jumping out of the ocean to catch his prey. The movie was done from a ship-deck, from some distance and presents perfectly the majesty and glory of the ocean and the shark. What for to come nearer? :roll:

And here is another video - very funny - about dangerous anakonda. I like this video very much :)

Wild anakonda swallows little boy

See me soon :)
Travelling,
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

See that please :)
great white 1
great white 2

Regards :)
LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello hello :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today I have decided to change the object of my interests...sooo... I want to show you some plants that like meat (YES - MEAT). At the stage of evlotion the plants are too little to catch people inside but one day - who knows? When they will like eating meat more and more and there will be enough meat for them in the swamps who knows how big they can grow? :roll: :roll: :roll: Maybe the little today plants will grow as big as dinosaurs? :roll: :roll: :roll: How do you think?

All in all we are somewhere in south-eastern part of US - in swamps of Carolina state...

David Attenbourough Plats that eat meat

How do you like this story?

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello :)
Today I am in California. I have found a really beautiful video about climbing the world highest tree.
The tree lies somewhere in one of Redwood State Parks on Californian coast (that lie nearby Redwood National Park there).

I like the video very much :)

I like when the man is speaking that plants are living organisms the same way animals are.

Sometimes I can see many trees that have been devastated. Don't harm the nature, please! Don't harm the trees, plants. They also suffer when you kill them and they die slowly because of hurt bark..

Climbing the world highest tree

See one another in California :)

LM

PS. I hope you enjoy the video the same way I enjoy watching it :)
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

hello today :)

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today I want to show you a very good movie about Yellowstone National Park and its attractions.
It is really a great video.
The Yellostone is the oldest National Park in the world - as you can hear in the video below :)

Following the idea established in Yellowstone there soon followed parks in other nations. In Australia, the Royal National Park was established just south of Sydney in 1879. In Canada, Banff National Park (then known as Rocky Mountain National Park) became its first national park in 1885. New Zealand had its first national park in 1887. In Europe the first national parks were a set of nine parks in Sweden in 1909. Europe has 359 national parks at the moment.

OKI - now time for a link:
Yellowstone National Park

How was the idea of National Parks born?
Read below:

In 1810 the English poet William Wordsworth described the Lake District (rural area in north-west England) as a "sort of national property in which every man has a right and interest who has an eye to perceive and a heart to enjoy". The painter George Catlin, in his travels though the American West, wrote in 1832 that the Native Americans in the United States might be preserved: by some great protecting policy of government . . . in a magnificent park . . . A nation's park, containing man and beast, in all the wild and freshness of their nature's beauty!. Similar ideas were expressed in other countries – In Sweden, for instance, Baron Adolf Erik Nordenskiöld made such a proposition in 1880. The Scottish-American naturalist John Muir was to prove inspirational in the foundation of national parks, anticipating many ideas of conservationism, environmentalism, and the animal rights movement.

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

PS. Ups... I forgot to add Yellowstone was set up in 1872.

And here some more things about it like :

The old faithful

mud volcanoes in Yellowstone National Park

While watching the movie about mud volcanoes you can read what are they and that their smell is really nasty ! So probably we all should be happy watching them on-line...
Soon - Europe again :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

ps.

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi once again today :)

Here is better video with active Old faithful than the one above. So enjoy it:

Old faithful 2

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi :)

Today I have wanted to write to you more about Australia but I think it is immpossible for some time :(. There are so many National Parks in Australia that probably any reasonable map of them doesn't exist at all! Who can count them all? I don't know :(.
I wanted to find some more things about eucalyptus forests there but it is so damn hard! Few things about I found.
So I have decided to make a break for a moment. More - soon.

In the meantime listen some info about Paris :) I mean - we are comming back to the REAL civilisation :)

Paris - travel guide

You can practise your English travelling virtually :). Good luck! :)

LM

PS. It wasn't easy to find this video about Paris. When you try to find something in this subject on youtube.com you can see pictures of Paris...Hilton first! :(

See you later :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today we are visiting Vienna - a beautiful European capital.

And here is the link I want to post here:

Vienna

The guy who speaks about Vienna is bit crazy and sometimes uses awful vocabulary :(. His Eglish isn't perfect but there are few things about Vienna on youtube.com. And no things in English I could find apart from this piece...

All the best :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hello last time today... well, English of the guy on the video above isn't perfect the same way as mine isn't ... thus now something completely different :)

I found some videos on-line about Polish (Silesian) Beskidy mountains. They aren't too high so great for starting skiers.
All in all I think I should mention them here too!
So 21 seconds in Beskidy in winter!!!

Beskidy in winter

See you soon - next post will about Canada... I haven't been there yet...and you? :roll:

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

I have written that next time I will present some Canadian nature but I am still not ready.

In the meantime I have discovered another terrible video that is about one big orca attacking a woman.
I understand - wild sharks but wild orcas? :(
I have always liked watching trained orcas and you?
But after this video many of my views have been changed :( Probably only dolphins can be trustworthy... :roll:

Orca attacks a woman

Is it often when trained orcas attack?
In wikiepdia I read :Captive Orcas have occasionally acted aggressively towards themselves, other Orcas, or humans, which critics say is a result of stress. Nothing about fatal attacks on human beings but who knows what can happen in future? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't stress orcas too much, please (and not only orcas)! :roll:

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi everyone who cares :)

I really wanted to post here bit more about Canada (first) and Austrialia (next) but I am still not ready. So busy days I have ... :(

So today I am going to Himalaya mountains. There are so many videos on Mount Everest on-line - some of better, others of worse quality and the one beneath isn't the worst at all. The sound is clear enough to be understood thus you can have next nice on-line English lesson :) Next travels soon :)

Climbing Mount Everest

I would like to know all proverbs connected with Himalaya mountains. If you know some - write, please :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

The video today will be rather short. I want to show you some sands of Sahara desert. It must be really great experience to see a desert, to walk a desert - a sand sea. I hope to see Sahara desert one day :)

Well... the video below has got only few words. Few words and lots of sand... :)

Enjoy watching :)

Running Sahara desert in Morocco

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Hi :)

Some hours ago I was travelling across Sahara desert when, suddenly, I noticed something...green. At first I thought it was OASIS. But no!!! There were some aliens!!! Soon after I met a huge flying saucer. Russian businessmen invited me to come inside.
We took off and went... to the moon.

So I am on the moon now! :)

Here is a movie about first travel to the moon:

Landing on the Moon 1969

Our pictures will be ready soon :)
I hope you are as happy as I am :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Today I am in Ireland. Watch this nice movie (or rather nice pictures)about Green Island...

Nice silent video about Ireland

LM
LadyMacbeth
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

again me...

Post by LadyMacbeth »

Well ... I will present to you my pictures from the moon 2007 soon... in the meantime... safari in Kenya...

Safari in Kenya

ps. sorry that the video above isn't of the best quality...but I didn't find anything better... probably the best would be to watch it at the smallest size of the screen ...

Happy watching :)

LM