EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

where are you travelling virtually now?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:48 am

I will go to Yosemite with my family this summer. We'll take my uncle and aunt from Vietnam on a camping trip to this place. We might go to Kings Canyon Sequoia also. I like the parks from the Pacific side better since they're not too desert-like or mountainous.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

hmmmm...

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:00 pm

Hello Lennye :)

Hmmmmmmm.... California coasts, nature and weather are beutiful no doubt. But other states are also worthy visiting (my opinion). As deals US coast Florida isn't the worst too. National Parks there also are beautiful.
Soon I will tell you here about one of them.

Hahaha ... but Utah is the best. No doubt. In Grand Canyon rocks are very big and "crowded". In Utah you have more place for biking etc. You can also drive around hahaha :). Probably not so many people there after all.

"Thelma and Luise" (famous movie from 1991) was shot there instead of Grand Canyon. Cheaper?

Well... but truly speaking the most world famous and prestigeous US National Park is Yellowstone of course. It is also the oldest National Park in the world.

But you know - I am from Europe. Truly speaking it is probably cheaper to go into Island to admire geysers.

Besides I think you don't have in US many things that are in US. I am sure of it :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

correction :)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:04 pm

Little correction :)

Besides I think you don't have in US many things that are in Europe.

For example you don't have France, Greece, Croatia...

Soon more :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

ps.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:56 pm

Well... you also don't have any Rome and Italy in US, you don't have Switzerland, Austria, Begium...
I think people in US mostly don't understand crowded, multinational Europe at all.

In Poland (more or less the same size as Utah) live 40 million people and in Utah 2,2 million so choose where would you like to live and where people feel better and more free? Of course still any word about other things cause apart from the size of the whole area ... nothing else to compare (my opinion).:(

What is probably specially funny to me is the fact that Winter Olympic Games took place in Utah in 2002 and in Poland in Tatra region people have been fighting and fighting for organising Winter Olympic Games FOR YEARS and probably they will never be given any chance to host them. Moreover observing whole everyday Polish reality I am sure rather Arizona, US will get that chance sooner... :(

All in all welcome to Romeeeeeeeeeeee! today :)

travelling Rome

LM.

PS. You have these all the biggest trees in California only because ice-age didn't get them! Then climate in Europe became much colder and many trees weren't able to grow here any longer.
Besides some trees in Australia aren't less taller at all!!!
And that's all unless there aren't any nasty insects comming everywhere and buzzing awkwardly in the air irritating all true admirers of sequojas beauty...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucalyptus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequoia
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: hmmmm...

Postby MissLT » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:18 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:Hello Lennye :)

Hmmmmmmm.... California coasts, nature and weather are beutiful no doubt. But other states are also worthy visiting (my opinion). As deals US coast Florida isn't the worst too. National Parks there also are beautiful.

Never thought of Florida. I detest its weather.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Re: correction :)

Postby MissLT » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:24 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:Little correction :)

Besides I think you don't have in US many things that are in Europe.

For example you don't have France, Greece, Croatia...

LM

Oh definitely.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

hi:)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:14 pm

Hello - today change of climate ALASKA.
Kenai Fjords National Park in Alaska

Kenai Fjords National Park

It is a warm up before Lake Clark National Park and Denali National Park (with Mac Kinley Mountain).
You can see the location of the parks on the appropriate map clicking my link above with pictures of Grand Canyon National Park.

How do you like US fjords? :)

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

another day...another journey...:)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:33 pm

Hello dear viewers :)

Another day - another virtual journey :)

Today we will see McKinley Mountain :)))

My www isn't perfect this time and too much place is left between the main text and the link but I think it must be great to see tundra and one of the highest mountains of the world :)

Soooo - enjoy Denali National Park, Alaska :)))

Denali National Park, Alaska

See you soon :)
LM

PS. Next time I will try to add musical background to my virtual journey. Watch me soon :))) I have been also waiting for your virtual journeys...:)))
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

hello:)

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:29 pm

Today a new virtual journey of mine (and yours :) )
This time I want to show you something great in Oregon.

Enjoy the sights :)

Crater Lake National Park, Oregon

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

ps.

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:41 pm

Some little corrections of text in the link above :)
Crater Lake - attempt 2
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure & Travel