EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you think that the men and women have the equal rights?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Dixie » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Romantic wrote:well, woman can work of course and there is no question about it, but i think the good job for them is teaching because it's easy and doesn't take much time, i mean it's ok they can work.

Teaching is easy? How do you know? Have you ever actually tried? Or do you think it's a "woman's work"? I just can't believe it. Teaching is easy... Please don't talk about something you don't know :!:

Another thing, why do you think that women can only have "easy" jobs (if there actually is such thing)? We're not as underdeveloped as you think.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:00 am

You forgot the part he said it doesn't take much time. Yeah, a teacher, all he/she needs to do is go to work to teach and then go home to enjoy. No need of grading the students's work, planning for the next class, finding the new materials, or staying after school to help the students who need help with their homework. Uh huh, it sounds pretty easy and doesn't take much time. :roll: :roll: :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:10 am

This whole issue is a joke. Men will always think that women have an easy job! Even if they are a mother bring up children and running a house (that is not even classified as a job) but if you do it well it is 24/7 job.

It is the old glass ceiling again!!! Men just think that women should do menial jobs like sort mail if they are to go to work at all. I personally enjoyed staying at home with my children (sometimes) most times it was terribly demanding with no real return for what you do.

I put my career on hold to do this job and now that my life has fallen apart I am realising how hard it is to pick up where you left off. Men don't seem to have this problem because MOST don't sacrifice their careers to bring up their families and look after their spouses every need.

This thread really makes me angry! :twisted: :roll:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Romantic » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:13 am

Dixie wrote:
Romantic wrote:well, woman can work of course and there is no question about it, but i think the good job for them is teaching because it's easy and doesn't take much time, i mean it's ok they can work.

Teaching is easy? How do you know? Have you ever actually tried? Or do you think it's a "woman's work"? I just can't believe it. Teaching is easy... Please don't talk about something you don't know :!:

Another thing, why do you think that women can only have "easy" jobs (if there actually is such thing)? We're not as underdeveloped as you think.

hey, yeah i taught before it was just a training, and it sounds easy, also when i said it's good for women i didn't mean any Underestimation but if they are married they must take care of their children, right! As we all know, job takes our time.

By the way, have you ever taught?
Romantic
Gold Member

Postby PINA » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi Shazzam, i think that your opinion is ok but you should do a difference between men.

I'm agree with you; i have two children too and now i work part time; it's much difficult to do everything if your husband don't help you or don't know what you do in all day.

The mother (father) is the most hard job, but i think that we are relatives, and men/women (if we want we must have the possibility to do a job) and we must to find some time to be a couple.

The man that don't understand the value of women's job is a little man.
PINA

Postby Dixie » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:16 pm

Romantic wrote:By the way, have you ever taught?

I'm a teacher.
Dixie

Postby Romantic » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:27 pm

Dixie wrote:
Romantic wrote:By the way, have you ever taught?

I'm a teacher.

ok.
Romantic
Gold Member

Postby ngphuongtu » Sat May 05, 2007 8:07 am

I think this statement is no longer suitable nowadays. Given chances, women have proved that they are as qualified as men. C.Rice and Opray Winfrey are two outstanding examples.

However, when it comes to the duty of a wife or a mother, I think women are ready to do it well. :)
ngphuongtu

Postby Faby » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:34 pm

Ok!!! I am a woman, and I am studyng because I want to work in a near future but if I would get marry then I would like to stay in home and to spoil my husband!! really I do not said that " the women have to be in home" it is only that I do not think that to stay in home would be a little weak's prove or something like that, of course if a woman wants to go to work or only do not estay in home then it is at all her right!!
Faby
Silver Member

Postby vince90 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:36 pm

I am a man and I wish I could stay home. I will do anything man. I will take care the baby, cook the meals, do the laundry and clean up the house. Does anyone have problem with this? :twisted:
vince90
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions