EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that alien life forms exist on other planets?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Vega » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:20 pm

"I’ve often wondered...what if all of us in the world discovered that we were threatened by an outer - a power from outer space, from another planet. Wouldn’t we all of a sudden find that we didn’t have any differences between us at all, we were all human beings, citizens of the world, and wouldn’t we come together to fight that particular threat . . ."

(Ronald Reagan)
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby JMD » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:10 pm

well, i do believe there are some other forms of life and that one day us humans will need to change our way of thinking.. a new age will come soon..

i just hope i'm still here by then :lol:

~! that sounded like nostradamus
JMD
Silver Member

Alien life forms exist. Beleive or not ?

Postby Lac » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:25 am

Alien life forms exist outside the earth. Believe or not, it's still the quite mysterious question. This is the matter of belief,namely totally dependent upn your mind not based on practical scientific evidences. We already know about alien life forms through numberous scientific articles and stories involved. And each story has its uniqueness featured by additional exciting details. But do I believe that? My answer is both No and Yes. (50% for each of both)
-No,because I haven't seen the alien forms with my own eyes, but only hear lots of papers relating that.
-Yes,for I find myself that life is mysterious, and so many things still unanswered. It's the mystery that enables us to be persistent silent as dealing with something invisible or unknown to mankind. But, on the other hand, we hardly stay calm regarding discoveries and searches anything outside the earth.
You don't cope with whatever related to earth, with so many amazingly enigmatic things concerning our current life, how can you advance the complex questions outside of your own existence right in this earth?. Confucius rarely talked about evil spirits because " we havent yet dealt with earthly things, why we interested in ghosts and devils ? "
However, to my part, I think that if we are human that have life, our life would not stand alone. Why?
We have flesh and spirit encompasing our whole life, which makes us naturally feeling something utterly unexplained. With scientificaly inexplicable things giving no practical evidences, there will exists trust or distrust. I dont know how to express that in the practical term
That's the individual problem, which is the same as whether you believe or disbelieve certain supernatural power .
Lac
Silver Member

Postby hung » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:57 am

Yes, of course I do as I believe in God. Sometimes I wonder if He is an alien :?: :D
hung
Silver Member

Alien Life

Postby jrkp » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:16 pm

Firstly, we need to define what kind of life we are talking about. It´s been proven that there are other ways of life,such as microbes, bacterias, organic molecules, etc. The problem has been our perception of alien life. When somebody talk about aliens, we inmediately imagine a little, bold guy, with big eyes and sharp-pointed ears who will come to earth to kill us. I don´t believe that those guys exist.

However, more and more planets have been discovered, so who knows? Maybe in one of those planet we could find a alien who we can commmunicate with...
jrkp
Gold Member

Postby keeper » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:42 am

Do you believe we were the reason the universe was made? Do you believe THE EARTH was the "ONLY ONE" in the universe? I believe there are some creatures unknow exist in some place in the universe,and i expect the day we can get there.
keeper

Postby mamuta » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:40 pm

I agree with you, Keeper. We are not the only reason of creation the Universe. I believe in another life forms on other planet but I think we cannot recognize them. Our mind and perceive are so limited and disabled. I recommend all of you the novel SOLARIS by Stanislaus Lem - he imagined a very unique world. For me it's fascinating and it tells so much about us...
mamuta
Gold Member

Postby crystalfrogw » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:09 am

i did believe there were aliens when i was a kid and i do hope there are aliens but just some of the time....

Seeing is believing and life isnot alwasys composed of theories. No concrete proof shows there are aliens until now.......so when i was typing the post i didn't believe but maybe i change my idea after i doing it.......

Who knows......
crystalfrogw

Postby awuyhoho » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:04 pm

Probably I should say yes
if there human beings exist on the earth
why can not other kinds of creature esist on any other planet?
awuyhoho

Postby Heidi » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:01 pm

by my sixth sense,there might be some weird creatures live in other planet--we can not confirm through nowadays technology,but current science fiction/story/magzine always show such world to us like movie star wars.but,what if such guys look like,if they exist in the cosmos?are they like humanbeings or enormouse moster like a dinosaur's head with a ant's body??? :shock:
Heidi

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion