EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Can you find your house using Windows Live Map?

Everything IT: computers, software, internet

Moderators: Vega, Dixie

Can you find your house using Windows Live Map?

Postby MissLT » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:42 pm

I've found mine.

Here it is!

The one near the freeway is mine. Two houses next to mine are my cousins' houses. The big ones in white and green are the Vietnamese neighbors. :D
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby Dixie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:58 pm

WOW!!!!

I can't find my house, just a map of my town... Let me get familiar with this...
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Postby Dixie » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:01 pm

It's just like Google Earth. My town is not well defined yet.
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Postby MissLT » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:17 pm

Dixie wrote:It's just like Google Earth. My town is not well defined yet.

I was checking wikipedia to see if it listed the countries that have Windows Live Map and only some countries have detailed maps right now. What a pity! :(

List of countries and cities that have detailed satellite images:

* United States
* Canada (with the exception of the rural northeastern provinces)
* Western Europe: United Kingdom, Germany, Italy
* Australia
* New Zealand
* Japan
* India
It'd be great if we all can share how our houses look like.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby Oriani » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:26 pm

This is my building.. the one that looks like a "T" on the left Image
User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Hardi » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:19 am

Total garbage. And after Lennye found it.. It's smell some what weird. Anyway mapas.google.com is surely better since google using more linux in their servers. :lol: And google's map's new feature "street view" is also cool too.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: European Union
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Oriani wrote:This is my building.. the one that looks like a "T" on the left Image

Which end are you on in that T building?
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:52 pm

Hardi wrote:Total garbage. And after Lennye found it.. It's smell some what weird. Anyway mapas.google.com is surely better since google using more linux in their servers. :lol: And google's map's new feature "street view" is also cool too.

Whatever! I tried maps google and google earth. Don't let the "google" brand delude you. They both suck since the pictures are not clear to me. If it's not clear for me, I wonder how it would look for others. And your Linux sucks, too. *ppbbtttss*
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby vince90 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:22 pm

Wow it is a great site. Here it is. The yellow one is mine.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&c ... &encType=1

Actually it is not a live picture. It may be 5 years ago in the early winter. The house and the back yard look much better now. It has been improved since then.
vince90
Platinum Member
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Postby Hardi » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:16 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Hardi wrote:Total garbage. And after Lennye found it.. It's smell some what weird. Anyway mapas.google.com is surely better since google using more linux in their servers. :lol: And google's map's new feature "street view" is also cool too.

Whatever! I tried maps google and google earth. Don't let the "google" brand delude you. They both suck since the pictures are not clear to me. If it's not clear for me, I wonder how it would look for others. And your Linux sucks, too. *ppbbtttss*
That's not their fault, that they are unclear. Those are all fingerprints on those maps, that makes it unclear to read.. all sticky with chocolate.. how can someone be so careless, holding map with dirty fingers... Now I hate Dixie more than ever.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: European Union
Status: Other

Next

Return to Information Technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron