Apple Iphone In Late June

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Apple Iphone In Late June

Post by MissLT »

It seems like the Iphone is schedule to be released on June 29th. Too bad this thing is too expensive; otherwise, I woulda bought it and extended my phone contract. :(

In a deal concluded through secretive discussions which began in February 2005,[32] AT&T Mobility, formerly Cingular Wireless, will be the exclusive carrier of the iPhone in the United States and will remain so until 2009.[33] The iPhone may be purchased only with a two-year service plan with AT&T.[34]

Apple received FCC approval for the iPhone on May 17, 2007.[35] Jobs announced that the iPhone will first be available in late June 2007 in the U.S.,[36] during the fourth quarter 2007 in Europe, and in 2008 for Asia, Mexico and probably the rest of Latin America[37]. Also, Mac OS X v10.5, which was originally planned for release on June 11 at the Worldwide Developers Conference, is now delayed until October 2007, due to the fact that engineers from the Mac OS X team were diverted to work on the iPhone.[38] New commercials for the iPhone began airing on television starting on June 3, confirming a release date of June 29, 2007.

The initial U.S. release will be offered in two configurations with two different prices, based on a 2-year phone service contract with AT&T: a 4 GB model for US$499 and an 8 GB model for US$599.

Apple also announced that its goal is to capture 1% of the global mobile phone market, which would be approximately 10 million units being sold in the first full calendar year of iPhone availability. For comparison, Jobs announced that the Apple iPod commands 62% of the U.S. market share for MP3 players
(copied from wikipedia)
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

8gb 599$ :) The prices in your city is cheaper than that here. It would cost here 1200-1500$
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Where are you? :?
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

I won't tell you.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Aren't you in Russia, Xkalibur? ;)
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Xkalibur wrote:I won't tell you.
It's fine if you don't wanna divulge the information. I know that in some Asian countries such as Vietnam phones are not free. They have to buy the phones there when those phones in the States are free if you make a contract with them. That's why the price is a bit different sometimes. But who in the right mind would be a $1200 phone? :? The max of this phone would be $700 elsewhere, I think. You should cross your fingers; I think it might get cheaper since they will be in the market elsewhere later than in the States.
InLove
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by InLove »

Vietnam is so expensive in technique machine due to being imported.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

How much is this new phone of mine in Vietnam?

Here

Here, I've got it for free because I extended my phone contract.
VitaminC

Post by VitaminC »

I wonder if it really worth all that money... :?

Latin American countries are jsut waiting for it! Wait!
It would be useless here in my country, unless you have a contract in USA and you use it under roaming - which is pretty expensive. So the best choice, if you are fond of technology, is to acquire the N95-Nokia, which is nore affordable and has even more functions than the iPhone! ...
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I don't know but some people in the States camped outside just for this iphone. :roll: My sister is thinking of getting this phone in July or August. I'll tell you guys more about it when she gets one. Right now, I'm wondering about its camera functions. I heard it's 3 or 4MP, which is pretty decent for a digital camera.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

LennyeTran wrote:How much is this new phone of mine in Vietnam?

Here

Here, I've got it for free because I extended my phone contract.
A friend of mine has got the phone like yours (W810i). When it first came to shops it was around 380$, now it it costs around 250$ or less. (I am not a Vietnamese, however.)

And I'd prefer N95 to iPhone.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

The critics gave iphone a higher grade than n95, but the users did the opposite. I'm gonna read some more to compare the two. Right now, iphone seems to be a winner to me.