EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.


What things are unpolite in your country?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Bambang » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:08 am

Dear Xkalibur.

I bet you look sexy with that pink suit.

But remember my friend, supernaturall speaking, it's not good if you are naked standing on top of the Statute of Library.
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Postby Vega » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:03 am

bambang wrote:Dear Xkalibur.

I bet you look sexy with that pink suit.

But remember my friend, supernaturall speaking, it's not good if you are naked standing on top of the Statute of Liberty.


Dear uncle bambang,

I'd rather stand naked on top of the statue than wear pink suit.. :) ...Can't imagine me going in pink suit to university, everybody would laugh at me. :P
User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

You are on the right track.

Postby Bambang » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:58 pm

Dear my son, Xkalibur.

Xkalibur is on the right track now.

My dear just got back from the darkness.

Don't get naked in public my son.

Don't wear pink suit at your campus as well.

Just wear casual clothes. And you'll look sexy then.

Sexy name in sexy apperance.

Sexy-dexy Xkalibur.

Pretty cool huh !
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:33 pm

mamuta wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:The US's or yours? :?

Your President or British Prime Minister, of course.
And in all offical situations you shouldn't keep your hand in pockets, Xcalibur - no matter you are standing, sitting or walking...

How interesting! I instinctively put my hands in the pockets when I feel really nervous.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby jrkp » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:10 pm

These are the ones I can recall:

Shake hands and don´t look in the eyes

Enter into a public place and don´t say hello.

Pull out your mocus using your fingers in public

Eating with your mouth open

I don´t know, there are many..... In fact we have a handbook where is resumed all the things considered polite.... Let me check it out and then, I´ll tell you more about what is seen unpolite here...
jrkp
Gold Member
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Venezuela

Postby Bambang » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:51 am

jrkp wrote:These are the ones I can recall:

Shake hands and don´t look in the eyes


The same here.
Blind people is exceptional.


jrkp wrote:Enter into a public place and don´t say hello.


Different here.
As long as you are not ruining the situation, that's fine.


jrkp wrote:Pull out your mocus using your fingers in public.


Different here.
As long as you cover it with tissue, that's fine.
That's emergency situation. That's normal.


jrkp wrote:Eating with your mouth open.


Totally different here.
We can not eat anything when our mouth closed. To put the food into our mouth, we have to open it first.




LennyeTran wrote:How interesting! I instinctively put my hands in the pockets when I feel really nervous..


My dear, that's animal instinct.
Don't follow that instinct my dear.
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Postby jrkp » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:41 pm

bambang wrote:
jrkp wrote:Eating with your mouth open.


Totally different here.
We can not eat anything when our mouth closed. To put the food into our mouth, we have to open it first.




Of course!!!! But, considering that maybe you dídn´t get my point or perhaps I wrote a very bad translation, well let me rewrite it for you:

I should´ve written:

CHEWING with your mouth open....
jrkp
Gold Member
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:20 pm
Location: Venezuela

Postby Oriani » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:58 pm

jrkp wrote:
bambang wrote:
jrkp wrote:Eating with your mouth open.


Totally different here.
We can not eat anything when our mouth closed. To put the food into our mouth, we have to open it first.




Of course!!!! But, considering that maybe you dídn´t get my point or perhaps I wrote a very bad translation, well let me rewrite it for you:

I should´ve written:


CHEWING with your mouth open....


Hahahah Oh yes!!! You know what makes angry? When I am talking to a person and that person is paying more attention to writing SMS instead of paying attention to what I say... It happens a lot here...
User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby mamuta » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:57 am

Oriani wrote: You know what makes angry? When I am talking to a person and that person is paying more attention to writing SMS instead of paying attention to what I say... It happens a lot here...

I totally agree! It annoys me, too. And for me it's unpolite when we have a conversation and suddenly telephone rings and my interlocutor answers the phone AT ONCE without saying a word ...
User avatar
mamuta
Gold Member
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm
Location: Poland

The same here.

Postby Bambang » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:03 pm

jrkp wrote:
bambang wrote:
jrkp wrote:Eating with your mouth open.


Totally different here.
We can not eat anything when our mouth closed. To put the food into our mouth, we have to open it first.




Of course!!!! But, considering that maybe you dídn´t get my point or perhaps I wrote a very bad translation, well let me rewrite it for you:

I should´ve written:

CHEWING with your mouth open....



Uncle got it. That's the same here.
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron