Jealousy

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Miquel

Jealousy

Post by Miquel »

We arrived to the restaurant at 9 o'clock sharp, Samantha and I. The table we had reserved was tucked in a corner, bathed by delicate shadows. A light Muzak was flowing out from a couple of overhead loudspeakers, it was not bad at all. We took possesion of our table, and started to explore the menu. I was thinking about having some hors d'oeuvres, then mushroom soup as the first course, then macaroni as the second course. Samantha was more inclined towards clam broth as first course, then stuffed duck. The other couples were eating and chattering animatedly, the ambient was uber. I started to feel the urge to go to the restrooms, so I said to Sam:
"Excuse me, I have to go to see a man about a dog", and snaked my way through the tables till I reached the water closet. When I had relieved myself, I spent a couple of minutes combing my hair by the mirror, my damned cowlick was going wild again. I went outside nonchalantly, and my jaw went slack: Sam and a stranger were talking as if they were acquaintances. I disliked the man instantaneously, he seemed the archetypical Don Juan. I stepped up and asked Sam:
"Say, who's this?"
"It's a friend of old, we went together to the Uni. His name is Ron"
"Hello, Mick", Ron said, "you're very lucky having such a gorgeous fiancee"
"Don't be such a flirt", Sam laughed and slapped Ron in the arm.
I started to boil interiorly, anyway I sat in my chair and tried to keep myself together.
"So, what are you doing here alone in the restaurant", I asked Ron wasply.
"I am an usual client, the Russian Salad is first rate" he responded with an ample grin. Then he proceeded to massage Sam in her shoulder. "I'm very happy to see Sam again, we had great times together at the faculty". Sam blushed and looked to her spoon.
The waiter came balancing precauriously our dishes. Miraculously, they didn't fall to the ground, and he set them expertly on the table.
"Those times are past, so I'd beg you to stop pawing my girl", I said, tasting the soup.
"Oh, she doesn't care, are you jealous?", she looked at me in an impertinent way
"No, I simply don't like you, that's all" if he was cheeky, I was cheekier than he was.
"Soo, you are quite a rude person," then he touched Sam provokingly.
I reacted instinctively. Grabbed a loaf of bread and hurled it at his face. He double took, then seized the jug of water and threw a curtain of liquid at me. This was the straw that broke the camel's back, I threw my soup to his face, he started to scream, the soup was piping hot.We were about to go at each other's throats, but the other patrons of the restaurant kept us apart, that night I passed in jail, and Sam didn't talk to me during the following couple of weeks.
maksoora

Post by maksoora »

thank for ur story

i like ur style

am looking for new from u

best wishes

maksoora
Snowy*

Hi

Post by Snowy* »

I'm really happy because you threw Ur soup to his face >> :twisted: :twisted:

Did U burn his face ?? :oops: