EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Robin Hood was right!

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby norhan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:49 pm

"The end justifies the mean "that's what Robin Hood follow and i don't think that this is such a right thing in his case he stole and stealing is stealindg no matter why did he steale.
norhan

Postby norhan » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:26 pm

Did you read and did you watch Robin Hood's story.the rich mens there were very greedy and the poor didn't have money even to eat and they had nothing to do so if u were them what should u do ?
he stole the thieves ?I don't i gree with him but i don't know the solution so..... :roll: ....
norhan

Postby wyne » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 am

mamuta wrote:...the best way is not to give a fish, but give a fishing-rod, isn't it?

I agree with you very much. There is an old Chinese saying "Give a man fish, he will have a meal; teach a man to fish, he will have food all his life." We ought to teach the poors to develop themselves, not only give them the money simply .
wyne

Postby Moody » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:49 am

There is almost one billion humans every day sleep with out a single meal in the present world 21 century. And it is agreeable with most of the opinions to teach the poor to develop. BUT we can't ignore there IMMIDIATE NEEDS like food, shelter etc, unfortunately which still we are???

I tend not to refuse any needy person and give help to my best whom ever ask, if I have got any money with me at that time immidiately. And this is what WE are taught in general!
Moody
Silver Member

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion