EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you like eat food with chopsticks?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:34 pm

Thanks Len! :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby metaltoy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:50 pm

LennyeTran wrote:shock: Really? Does it also count if you broke those wooden, instant chopsticks in Japanese restaurants when you were trying to separate them?

No, It's unlucky that chopsticks break in half lengwise while eating.
metaltoy
Silver Member

Postby metaltoy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:10 pm

Hardi wrote:Never used them. I think I would rather use fingers. Just imagine how a hungry cat or puppy try to eat too hot food. Well I would be same mad like that cat/puppy and act similar if cant eat well.. :lol:

PS. metaltoy believe the fact that I were replying after you here now, is a really very good omen. You will have a really really very good time now on. :)

I recomend you try to use chopstikes.
It is said that using chopsticks is good for our brains in Japan. We need a good hand control to use them.
Having a good hand control leads to having a good brain.
metaltoy
Silver Member

Postby Hardi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 pm

metaltoy wrote:I recomend you try to use chopstikes.
It is said that using chopsticks is good for our brains in Japan. We need a good hand control to use them.
I have immunity of brains. It's really bitty, even though I'm so old already, I still haven't get them.. when most other people already have get them in their childhood.

But as brainless person, I understand so that when I use chopsticks here, then as result, you all in Japan will have good brains. So if that's the case I may try. I'm not envious for making your brain better

I tried with 2 pencil to pick stuff it seems it may be possible to use them.

Anyway, I wonder what wood is best for making chopsticks.. I think Juniperus should be best of these trees growing here. It's strong. also wooden spoons usually have made by it.. When I was kid I wanted to make a spoon from Juniperus, but it was so hard to cut That I couldn't. Even though it was a dead tree when I cut it from forest(I had no hearth to cut living one) after it dry inside of house it got so hard. that even sharpest knife couldn't cut it well..
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby TearHere » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:36 am

*TriCuong* wrote:I'm Vietnamese so I use chopstick everyday :) but using a fork with a knife is very difficult :?

I guess it's just a matter of getting used to it.. I'm a trying-hard chopstick user. :oops: So it's good for you TriCuong, that you use it everyday..

After I have eaten a dish with the use of chopsticks, my hands started to ache.. :lol: :lol: I guess i put too much pressure to hold it in place so that it doesn't fall.. It's embarassing, so when I go to a Chinese restaurant, I request for spoon and fork..But there's so much room for learning..maybe one day.. :roll:
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:18 pm

I don't know how to use them. One day, a guy invited me to eat Chinese food and we had to use the shopsticks.. wow.. it was so embarrasing for me because I didn't even know how to start.. :oops: ( I said I wasn't hungry) :oops: :oops:
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby MissLT » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:31 am

metaltoy wrote:
Hardi wrote:Never used them. I think I would rather use fingers. Just imagine how a hungry cat or puppy try to eat too hot food. Well I would be same mad like that cat/puppy and act similar if cant eat well.. :lol:

PS. metaltoy believe the fact that I were replying after you here now, is a really very good omen. You will have a really really very good time now on. :)

I recomend you try to use chopstikes.

But I thought if you use it too much, it would give you arthritis when you get old? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Vega » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:38 am

metaltoy wrote:It is said that using chopsticks is good for our brains in Japan.

I heard the same effect gives buttoning a shirt. As to chopsticks, nobody uses them except in a Chinese restaurant here, actually I'm not got used to use them too...But if I'm someday in China, I will. :) ...or When I'm in Rome, I will do as Romans do and so forth. :P
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby metaltoy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:10 pm

LennyeTran wrote:But I thought if you use it too much, it would give you arthritis when you get old? :?

Never.
Chopstiks for me are something like knife and fork for you.
So I can't use knife and fork well instead. :(
metaltoy
Silver Member

Re: Do you like eat food with chopsticks?

Postby Annaa » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:17 pm

I`d like 2 try but I never tried it cuz in my country isn`t any restaurant that u could eat with chopstticks :evil: :~:
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Food & Fitness