EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Khaled Hosseini

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Khaled Hosseini

Postby Dixie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 am

Does anybody know Khaled Hosseini? He's a writer from Afghanistan. I discovered him about a couple months ago, when I bought his novel A Thousand Splendid Suns. I absolutely loved the novel and couldn't wait to read his previous one, The Kite Runner, which I am reading at the moment. They both are absolutely fantastic.

I was wondering if anyone else here is familiar with this author and if you have read any of his novels.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:29 pm

I read his Kite Runner. :L
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:37 pm

LennyeTran wrote:I read his Kite Runner. :L

Hey Lennye! Why don't you tell me your opinion about the book? Did you like it? I'm halfway through it... I really love it.
Dixie

Postby Bambang » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:03 pm

Are his books onlineable to read?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:18 pm

Onlineable, nice word :D

I don't know, uncle Bambang, but if they are, don't miss the chance to read them!
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:31 pm

I borrowed his Kite Runner eaudiobook from my netlibrary months ago. It was a strange feeling to listen to him narrating his own book. Nonetheless, the book was nice to hear. It has a vivid image of different cultures that I like. And one thing I found it very disturbing is that there are people who sympathize with Hitler. Those people never turn out to be good, and this story kinda proved me right.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:31 am

LennyeTran wrote:I borrowed his Kite Runner eaudiobook from my netlibrary months ago. It was a strange feeling to listen to him narrating his own book. Nonetheless, the book was nice to hear. It has a vivid image of different cultures that I like. And one thing I found it very disturbing is that there are people who sympathize with Hitler. Those people never turn out to be good, and this story kinda proved me right.

I would love to hear him narrating his book!

I'm really enjoying it. It gives me so many different feelings... anger, sadness, sometimes happiness... it's really amazing. I'm definitely becoming a fan of Khaled Hosseini's work :D
Dixie

Re: Khaled Hosseini

Postby Bambang » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 pm

And I think the upcoming "A Thousand Splendid Suns" movie is gonna be splendid. Can't wait to watch, really.
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:00 pm

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:I borrowed his Kite Runner eaudiobook from my netlibrary months ago. It was a strange feeling to listen to him narrating his own book. Nonetheless, the book was nice to hear. It has a vivid image of different cultures that I like. And one thing I found it very disturbing is that there are people who sympathize with Hitler. Those people never turn out to be good, and this story kinda proved me right.

I would love to hear him narrating his book!

I'm really enjoying it. It gives me so many different feelings... anger, sadness, sometimes happiness... it's really amazing. I'm definitely becoming a fan of Khaled Hosseini's work :D

What part are you on right now? Are you done with it yet?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Re: Khaled Hosseini

Postby Dixie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:30 pm

bambang wrote:And I think the upcoming "A Thousand Splendid Suns" movie is gonna be splendid. Can't wait to watch, really.

A movie? I had no idea!!
Dixie

Next

Return to Books & Authors