EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Children only go missing when parents are careless.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby TalkingPoint » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:21 am

What do YOU think?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Need Grammar correction

Postby mohamedkarni » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:03 am

1)He should at least have sent an email saying he was much inrested in doing that work by next week..

Is it Correct?
mohamedkarni
Gold Member

Re: Children only go missing when parents are careless.

Postby Bambang » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:13 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:Children only go missing when parents are careless.

What do YOU think?

Disagree.
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

uhm uhm

Postby lovefrance » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:56 am

in my opinion i just agree partly!
there are many reasons to explain why children go missing ! maybe their parents are careless but they can go by themselves~ they want to discover the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
lovefrance

Postby Malina » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:57 am

I don't agree.
Children are full of energy and ideas so it's often hard to control their each move. Elder children need a little independent. Parents can't follow their each step. Even if parents are very protective it will be a moment when a child is alone.
Malina

Postby Robert » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:23 am

I'm 16 years old now.
Sometimes I really hope that my parents can leave me alone for a while.
I want to take a rest and be quiet.
My father always keeps talking and talking when I walk beside him.
I get crazy, thinking: can't he stop talking?
Now I come up with a solution---just don't pay attention to what he's talking about and think my own matters.
Robert
Silver Member

Postby antony » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:44 am

TalkingPoint wrote:Children only go missing when parents are careless.

What do YOU think?

It's very difficult to state why children go missing! Argument is very hard. Parents are careless or neverthless parents care children aren't able to talk with them about their problems or their fears (I'm not sure on the correctness of the expression "their fears"!) so it becomes very easy for children to make friends with bad people e to make wrong chooses.
antony

Postby YayuRahayu » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:51 am

It's very difficult to state why children go missing! Argument is very hard. Parents are careless or neverthless parents care children aren't able to talk with them about their problems or their fears (I'm not sure on the correctness of the expression "their fears"!) so it becomes very easy for children to make friends with bad people e to make wrong chooses.

I am agree with u too..if children never talk to parents, they wont evr have understand whats the peoblem, depressed so they're leaving. it difficult if children have make a wrong friends in their school or some place.
YayuRahayu
Silver Member

Postby antony » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:00 am

If you agre with me on the need to talk and on the difficult for children to discuss their problems with their parents we can discuss on the nature of that difficult in order to undestand what's the right way to facilitate talking between children and their parents.
What do you think about? How parents can facilitate communication whith their children without make them feeling that someone is violating their interior?
antony

Postby sunshine81 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:46 am

I think it's partially true, that children go missing when parents are careless. In my opinion it's also possible that children go missing although their parents take care of them very much. You can never look into other peoples minds and such things do mostly happen in a way you would never have expected. It can happen while you are shopping with your kind, just turning around a second and your kid is missing. Children can be missing by runing away from home but also by being kidnapped. First thing is of course mostly in the parents hands. But second one, not really.
sunshine81
Gold Member

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion