EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

A raped woman was sentenced to jail!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:46 am

Tora wrote: This is a very wide-spread idea that it's a raped woman's fault that such a calamity has happend to her - her dress, behavior and so on, seems like the way a moman behaves waives several rules of men's behavior :roll:

In my country if a woman is walking from a concert alone at the 11 pm in a night dress it is obvious she's looking for troubles... and if something happens it would be considered as "Her fault". So stupid actually

Isn't that sad? When a girl who wore a mini-skirt got raped, some people would start staying, "serve her right for wearing a mini-skirt. She was basically asking for trouble." :roll: What the heck...
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:55 am

=Ahmad= wrote:
sunshine81 wrote:
It’s all for their own good. It has nothing to do with limiting their freedom.

It is limiting their freedom! That's for sure!

First, Islam clearly states that men and women are equal. Islam never considers women the second class in society.

You're contradicting yourself. If you have certain rules set for women allowing them to do just certain things, this is not equal. Why aren't women allowed to choose whether they wanted to be on the street by themselves or not?

=Ahmad= wrote:Second, Islam never limits the movements of women. They can be anything they want. They have equal rights in education. They can be doctors, engineers, teachers, lawyers, scientists, writers, politicians, etc.

Can you please take the word Islam out? Some of you guys don't wanna associate Islam and human rights since you guys say they don't have anything to do with Islam. Now you wanted to link them together? And when we talk about Islam, you guys will start saying oh remember the rule, no politics and religion.
Last edited by MissLT on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:59 am

=Ahmad= wrote:Fourthly, let’s discuss your case.
As I said before, it’s just fine for women to be a taxi driver. They can open the taxi glass windows so that people can see her, pass public areas where there are a lot of people there, or being accompanied by her relatives such as her kid, or select the passengers to take. My suggestion is if that’s the only job available and suitable with her expertise, then just take it. But if there are some other jobs out there, why not try to apply for them.

Thank you very much.

Excuse me, how can they be a taxi driver when they are not even allowed to drive in some Muslim countries? Who are you fooling here with this kinda explanation? :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:07 am

Moody wrote:THE REALITY FACT IS SECULAR WESTERNS ARE AFRAID OF SUPERIOR ISLAMIC LAWS AND SOCIAL SYSTEM COMPARE TO THEIR LAWS WHICH HAS ALREADY LOST THE MORAL AND PRINCIPLE GROUNDS AND A HOUCH POUCH OF CONFUSION AND DOUBLE STANDARDS!

Okay enough said here. I don't think we need to argue more. Let the words speak for themselves and for people to judge. :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Moody » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:55 am

mentarget wrote:Moody, you went too far by using what is writing in the Holy Bible as your points.

Would you like to elaborate what is holy about the verses I quoted from your bible?

By the way what does Christianity means "Begotten son"?
And what about other incorrect and proven wrong information.

Are they all PROOF of present Bible Divinity?
And also the PROOF, that it is not fabricated?
Moody
Silver Member

Postby Oriani » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:37 pm

Moody wrote:
mentarget wrote:Moody, you went too far by using what is writing in the Holy Bible as your points.

Would you like to elaborate what is holy about the verses I quoted from your bible?

By the way what does Christianity means "Begotten son"?
And what about other incorrect and proven wrong information.

Are they all PROOF of present Bible Divinity?
And also the PROOF, that it is not fabricated?

:?
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby Oriani » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:38 pm

I don't know why we can't talk about these topics without arguing too much...
Oriani

Postby Krisi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:43 pm

I think this discussion is too much now. Matters not related to the actual topic is being raised to a point. There is no more respect in each ones belief. :( (It's as if there's one here who's perfect. Which is so unrealistic already...)
A lot has been said about the practices and rules of Islam religion and it is now leading to confussion. Even the real experts are keeping themselves quiet by not linking up unrelated topics on certain matters to avoid misunderstandings and confussion, I supposed. Why can't you?
I think showing off too much is not good (as in comparing one from the other). Keep a little for the rest to judge because the flaws will be very obvious later on if you go further into it. Otherwise, imperfections will eventually come out by itself. (Someone's actually spilling out the beans here. :P )
I could almost peek (from this discussion) that the rigidity of such religion shows that the women are almost treated like animals and not as humane beings. Have pity!
(Gosh! and even this news about that lady is being used to hitch up new faucet for discussion about the religion... let it rest!)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:06 pm

You're hitting the nail on the head there, krisi. Well said.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Krisi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:10 pm

LennyeTran wrote:You're hitting the nail on the head there, krisi. Well said.

Thanks Lenne, I'm grateful you got what I mean.
Honestly, I don't know much about Islam but because of this, I have learned and have seen (:shock:) a lot! (good and evil) :shock: .... I don't want to know more than these! Horrible!
Talks about that woman should rest really. I noticed she's being used to the maximum. Is this how women are being treated there? Is this what they call respect? Even this news, the fact that she's a woman is being hauled to nowhere (by her "co-believer" in religion.). Where's the respect here? (Whether she's deserving of such respect or not she should be respected because she's humane! or is it really only for men?)
Now, this is a part of what I've seen from this discussion if they'll add more for sure I'll see more...:twisted:
Krisi
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Current News